1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any information or expected release date?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Abdel - Bhaal Spawn, May 5, 2006.

1. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I am soooo glad I only heard about this game last month!
    :D

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    As suspected an other delay, just for the heck of it.

November 3 in North America.

November 6 for that annoying piece of landmass that sticks to Russia and the oil wells.

Other places need to pointed out on the map first.

The pre-ordering has started. So is the pre-ordering for the collectors edition. At least in the USA and a few places in the UK. The other, landmasses still wait for any official word as usual about the collectors edition.

I think this is the last delay.

3. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Hmm, two weeks only. Probably some marketing stuff behind this small delay.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It might be to get the release date closer to the christmas season. I think there's still a strong belief that the big games will sell much more if they're released either for the christmas shopping time or at the beginning of summer.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Which makes same sense. However when all developers launch their games in the same period it negates that effect. For lesser games, I think it holds true, but quality always surfaces.

It is possible EA is afraid that a release during the height of the financial crisis somehow "forces" people to pirate in stead of buy.

Some speculate it has to do with the playstation version having trouble. Makes sense since a lot of people think that the pc version was ready in March and EA forced a multi platform release.

Bioware said they needed time for spit and polish which frankly even less people buy. Such comments are standard answers to evade things. It might be possible a Major bug was found that required a lot of reprogramming. That can be the reason why the Mass Effect patch is 6 months overdue.(they said soon 6 months ago)

Is it an example for the stick and carrot system to get attention from the not fanatic fans away from other products. Even the most stupid mule understands at some point that the carrot is unreachable.

It better be a good carrot. If it is a normal carrot they deserve to go bust.

6. Merlanni

Media:
  7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'll go to gamescom tomorrow morning, and hope I'll have a chance to play test Dragon age (Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 2; and snatch some merchandise)

My shopping basket at Amazon.co.uk says that it will be released on October 23, 2009, so Merlanni's information appears to be correct.

8. Merlanni

Media:
    The talk at Bioware's forum is first week November.

There are a few things with the collectors edition. To much speculation and no conclusive answers to post anything about it here. The basic thing is everybody outside the USA who wants the full thing with everything in and on it gets screwed on way or the other.

9. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    The official word on release date is now November 3rd, but that's changed before. Still, as close as it is, I doubt it'll change much unless something goes really wrong.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.