1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any information or expected release date?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Abdel - Bhaal Spawn, May 5, 2006.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes, that's what happened to NWN I. It turned out to be a somewhat average game after all the years of speculation about what a great game it would be.

With Dragon Age, the screenshots that looked so fantastic 4 years ago are already starting to look dated in 2007. If they manage to get it out the door in 2009, then it may look like an antique by then. Now, even if the game is outdated in technology, it still may be a great game if the storyline and world-building aspects are well done. Maybe that's where the focus has been, or maybe they have just had problems with the new engine and we still may end up with a very mediocre game. It's really hard to say at this point because of all the problems they are obviously having getting this game finished.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I am going to but it anyway because rpg games are rare. if they were made in the same amount as shooters thngs would be different. We would get very short but intense games whit state of the art graphics. I prefer gameplay and long games. The witcher for instance, a dx9 game, the old aurora engine, but much gameplay and a long story.

returning to topic. I think Bioware has put the game on a low fire to get mass effect out in time. The reliable game magazine that I subscribe to still thinks Q1 2008. But they place a header saying: recent lies. So we wait until Bioware says it is done.

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I agree with the gameplay part, but I'm tired of overly long games. I never finish them. I have too much of a life outside of gaming.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I am looking forward to the game but would really prefer shorter replayable games. Games with choices so that what you do matters or at least you feel that it matters.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    To give an update on the information: q4 2008. (Check out the tread at our newsforum and at bioware themselves.)

6. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Well, the Biowarians are still officially saying it's done when it's done and not a moment before, but there has been a lot of talk from EA Games and even some Bioware execs (not working on the project) that some time fiscal year 2008 is likely. I think their fiscal year started in April.

7. Merlanni

Media:
    So we will hear in march 2009 if it is postponed. I would really like any gamemaker to shut up about its game until is it really nearly done. Well we cannot blame EA for this.

8. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    NEWS!! NEWS!! Or at least a promise of 'news'. There's been a lot of talk on the boards from the Devs of new news coming 'soon', but that's been going for about 3 months now, so people were beginning to get a little sceptical. Now, however, the main webpage for DA has been UPDATED. It's now a greyed out silhouette of the logo with some kind of 'splatter' looking something underneath. Under that, there's "More: Coming July 9, 2008"!! My guess is this is the beginning of the marketing campaign.

9. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

omg! There's a release for consoles as well?

Q1 2009 it says. I can wait... :D

10. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    I wouldn't trust any console anouncements just yet, especially anything saying Q1 2009. The devs have said repeatedly (and recently) that DA:O is just being made for the PC at the moment. They have fallen short of calling it an absolute PC exclusive, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was ported to a console at some point if sales go well, but they won't even start working on that until the PC version is in the box.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, they've recently mentioned that it's going to be ported to consoles as well. No mention of the time frame on that, however.

12. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Yeah, it was mentioned in the E3 press conference that it will come to consoles later. I just hope it will be a pure port, so that the PC version will not suffer from any console restrictions.

13. Merlanni

Media:
    That will be fun. Console fora that are filled whit complaints about crappy controls and odd camera movements.

14. Merlanni

Media:
    At least, if we do not have an new console platform by the time it is released

15. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    The official BioWare party line is that the console port hasn't even started yet and nothing will be changed for the PC version. I certainly hope that's true.

16. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

According to an interview in GC '08, it will come to the PC in early 2009 and to consoles later that year. I have to say that the gameplay looks great and not dumbed down to a console level.

17. Merlanni

Media:
    As said before on the other treads: Postponed to q4 for co-release whit console. Next delay pending.

18. Merlanni

Media:
  19. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    Tust to make sure everyone realizes this, this is the first time a real release date has been mentioned by BioWare for DA:O. Others have been vague estimates like "Early '09" or "Fall", but now we actually have a date!

20. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

I believe that this will be *the* release date (finally). It has been quite a long wait since E3 2004.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.