1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anti-homossexual parade in Warsaw - June.

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Svyatoslav, Nov 13, 2005.

1. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ridiculous. (aimed at demonstrations)
    It's their lives, don't tell them how to live it. They have every right to live how they want as you do to live yours.

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That's not what was done, either by myself or Cernak.

Parse the posts, if you're skeptical.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Good news that there are people willing to act against these "gay-right paraders." If there were a similar protest in Finland, I wouldn't mind joining in. :)

4. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hmm, gee, I wonder if the photographer just might have, say, chosen the most anti-social looking people at the counter-protest as a way of making the counter-protest easy to dismiss....

Actually, most punks (as opposed to skinheads) tend to be very gentle people, I've found...

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

So standing up for traditional morals is out of fashion? I never gave a damn about fashion either. I'm glad to see people encouraged to stand for traditional morals, and welcome such movements. Maybe they need one in Ontario. Damn I wish I'd have thought of that when the gays went to the Canadian Human rights comission to force the mayor of London to declare a Gay Pride weekend. Compete with a Straight pride weekend and see the **** hit the fan...

6. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

But this wasn't a "straight pride" parade, it was an anti-gay one. Whole different ballpark.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Was this parade just trying to tell people how much they hate gays, or did it actually have some practical goal in mind?

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Nah, it's more of a rally of a bunch of twits who haven't realized that it's the year 2005, and that a few things have changed since the dark ages. :shake:

9. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Cernak's post certainly drew a parallel between these people and the nazis.
    Yours was quoted only as a complement.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Got love those "this is 2005 people" type of "arguments". They are just so, well, lacking of any substance.

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Not really, the world has evolved you know. Gay people are widely accepted as normal human beings now, with rights and everything, believe it or not. It was a little different somewhat 30 years ago, when it was still kind of a taboo, but like i said, it's 2005 now, things have changed. Substance enough for you now ?

These protestors live in the past, what are they going to do ? Keep rallying against something that already exists and is just as normal as a ham and cheese sandwich ? What a waste of time.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I agree with Pac man, it's a waste of time and quite ridiculous. What exactly is wrong with gay people? As I said before, it's their choice and nothing to do with anyone else.

12. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

What gays do within their bedroom walls is of no concern to me. It is a whole different thing that they keep pushing their agenda into society.
    There are places children have to undergo a class on homossexualism - talking about using children for political/ideological agendas - not to mention their parades being thrown at us, stupid laws which give them privilegies, having to see the most pushing of them almost having sex in the streets etc.
    That being said, it is still not enough to convince me. For starters, the situation in Holland is not the same as in Russia, Poland or Serbia - well, the last gay parade there was not too successful - so unless you suffer from the western self righteous reasoning, that the West is the mirror and sole representative of the world, you cant say this is something which "already exists".
    Furthermore, just because a phenomenon is going on, does it mean we can not fight against it, if we hold it as wrong and un-moral? Now that is defeatism.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I don't suppose you have a link to back up that statement ? I think you mean that children are being tought that gay people are not monsters or anything. They're not trying to teach them how to become little gay kids. That wouldn't be tolerated anywhere.

What's that supposed to mean ? You don't think there's gay people where you live ? That there's no homo's in Serbia or Russia ? There may be more of them than you like, but i guess they don't come out of the closet as fast as overthere, for obvious reasons.

You're absolutely right Don Quichotte. Oh look...isn't that a windmill overthere ? Now jump on your ass and charge. Never surrender !

14. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

Children should not undergo these kind of classes, period. Doing so is the ultimate proof schools are no longer educational places anymore, but rather places children go to suffer ideological brainwashing.

That means western situation does not reflect the whole world. As simple as that.

Was that supposed to be sarcastic? I think germans who fought against nazis, the Russians who fought against communism were all just a bunch of delusional Don Quichottes.

15. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I ask you again...do you have a link to back that statement up, because frankly, i think you're just making this up. Come up with proof of such schools, or drop it.

Again you're avoiding the question. Are you THAT scared to find out that there's hundreds of thousands of homosexual slavs on this planet ? Does that burst your bubble of nationalistic pride ? It doesn't reflect the western situation, it reflects gays everywhere. They exist, and they won't go way, wheter you like it or not. Might just as well accept it.

Does a bear crap in the woods ?

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Absolutely; the ideological brainwashing should be done at home, not in schools. If that means more homophobes, then that's just the way that society leans. (That may sound sarcastic, but in this case I'm dead serious.)

They sure were, but not in the way you're taking it. Don Quixote tilted at windmills, which he had no chance of "defeating" (due to size and damage issues), and which were able to sweep him aside without even trying. The same idea can be applied to shrinking minorities, which, in this "progressive" world, you are.

The true sadness of Quixote was that he was the only one seeing things 'as they really were', but as the minority he is labeled as the delusional one. The 'truth' is subjective, and wholly dependant on the majority. For the same reason, gays were delusional when they thought that they would be accepted, but somehow they managed to hang on, and now it is the other side that is delusional. Times change, and dinosaurs become extinct; but that's no reason not to fight for survival.

I salute your charge, Svy Quixote, and hope you have more luck than your ancestor (if only for diversity's sake). :)

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    'Idealistic brainwashing'... come on, what are you talking about? I have never known homosexuality to even come up at schools and even if it did it wuld just be say that gay people are just (shock horror!!!) normal human beings just like me and you. This is not 'idealistic brainwashing' (wtf?) this is just the truth and nothing more. Gay people aren't immoral monsters or anything of the sort, just normal people. They shouldn't even be separated like this.
    I don't kow what you have against homosexuals, but you are an unbelievably argumentative person with very strange and out-dated views if you don't mind me saying so.

18. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

That is what my friend had to undergo in San Francisco: "tolerence classes", "re-education" centers and Homosexual Studies classes in school. I will ask him if he has any link for that, although I doubt, since this is something he had to go through, instead of reading somewhere. Anyway, I will let you know when he gives me any feedback.

... Well, I will try to put it politely, which is hard, considering the fact you can not understand my point which is crystal clear, and I am repeating for the third time already: gays exist here, just as in the West; in the other hand, their acceptance and status is fairly different from where you live. Thus, your claim that "this is 2005, this is how things are" does not apply here. Is that clear enough?
    ----------------------------------------------------

If you hadn't put that in parenthesis, I would have never guessed you are serious, which is surprising, since we agree on that 100%.
    Although I have said that many times before, I will do so again: Education should be the role of the civil society, not the state; in this case, what UN intellectuals believe to be the proper education and upbringing of children.
    Of course the parents will tell their children which they hold as true, but that is exactly the roles of parents! The day the state takes this role away from parents, civil society freedom will be reduced to zero, and we will be living in a totalitarian state, per see.

In that sense, I am glad to be called Don Quixote. ;)
    I am indeed in the minority, but I see things reversing somewhat. Well, only time will tell, that is for sure.

Except for the thruth being subjective - opinions are, not the thruth, but I realise you put it between " " for a reason - I think your quote is fair enough.
    That is life, two - or multiple - sides fight to have the upper hand, and whoever wins gets the spoils. I dont see a problem with that, and only our commitment and self sacrifice will alone tell if we are victors or losers.

Hehe, that is nice of you to say - even if not at all sincere ;) but let me remind you we overthrew communism in the end.
    Since we are in the subject, let me throw a phrase that I so enjoy from a great American mind, H.L. Mencken:

---------------------------------------------------

Gays might as well not be monsters, but they do seem prone for un-moral and perverted behaviour. I dont oppose their existance, but I oppose their public displays of homosexualism.
    And yes, today it is so common to have homosexualism thrown at our faces. I dont support that crap.

19. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

That's pretty superficial. I hardly think people's fashion sense has all that much to do with whether they're losers or not. And I'm not defending any particular 'look' here. It's just pretty short-sighted to just up and decide who looks like a stupid loser.

Put the two together and you have right-wing extremism.

Just what is wrong with tolerance? Who knows, maybe those classes keep a couple of fruitcakes from commiting acts of violence.

Pretty much, yeah. But there's also a thing called equality. If parents don't teach their children to treat people as equals, it results in discrimination at best, and at worst some extreme actions that wind them up in jail.

Just where does this idea come from? How are they un-moral? Who are they harming? Unless this is some kind of a religious issue.

I oppose a great many things myself - adverts on the street, demonstrations I don't agree with, whatever. But I can tolerate them. It's not my private planet.

20. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I don't support it either, i just accept the fact they are around. It's not my cup of tea either, but to each his own i always say. The gaypride parades and especially the gay olympics are way over the top in my opinion. They have struggled so long to get recognition, to be treated as equal human beings, but with outbursts like that they put themselves right back in an awkward spotlight.

The gay olympics is just a perverse gathering of party animals, they're not even real athletes. I think if i were gay, and a reasonable good athlete, i would try to compete in the normal olympics, and not in an orgy like the gay olympics. I remember when i had to be in Amsterdam for my work, when the gay olympics were held there. Me and my coworker saw the weirdest things, gays kissing eachother openly, licking eachother from head to toe, i even saw a couple having sex in an alley. Those are not things i wish to see either, and as far as i'm concerned they stop them from organizing events like that in the future, because it has nothing to do with sports in the first place.

But other than that, i don't care what they stuff in eachothers pooholes, i just don't want to see it in public. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.