1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anthony Found Not Guilty

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    There are actually two variations of it in Florida:

I assume Anthony's is not the capital felony variety, since at the point at which they reported the child missing, authorities did not know she was dead.

I think this is most commonly associated with filing a false police report and has to involve a criminal matter, so telling a cop it's 2:30 p.m. when it's really 2:45 doesn't qualify.

That said, anytime you bring a significant criminal matter to the attention of the police under false pretenses (missing person, etc.), you're very likely going to get charged accordingly. In that sense, this isn't really something they slapped on Anthony just to give her the red ass. It's routine, and the charges were there from the outset.

LKD likes this.
  2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I know that Chandos is gonna make a special trip up to Canada to kick my heinie for bringing this up, but what do you all think of the idea that this was a, hmm, how did coin put it? A "kitten pass"?

I'm not saying I am 100% sure it is one, but I wonder if man were placed in a similar situation, with similar evidence being presented against him, would the jury have been more likely to convict him of the murder? Or was the Prosecution's case so weak that a conviction would never have happened based off it? Hmmm.

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Excellent question. If we go by what the few jurors who have publicly spoken have said it shouldn't have made a difference. They would have had the same issue of not being convinced that it was a murder nevermind who committed it and lack of motive. However, I have a feeling that probably wouldn't be true and they would have come back with a guilty verdict on at least one of the felony counts.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I tend to agree with Snook on this. If we go based on what the jury has said, then gender had nothing to do with it. One juror even went so far as to say she didn't believe Anthony was innocent - just that the evidence presented was not enough to convince her beyond reasonable doubt that she was guilty.

In any case, in order to prove murder, you have to prove someone was murdered. (I know, I'm a master of the obvious.) As Snook said, the jurors came away not even convinced there was a murder, and felt that she may have drowned.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.