1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ankheg Shell Armor

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Klorox, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm looking for the sack in the last furrow by the west edge of Naskel, but I can't find anything. Do you just mouse over everything until you get a grab cursor. I've tried searching for traps too. I've got Baldur's Gate Tales of the Sword Coast load, does that make any difference?

On the sorcerers encyclopedia of items it gives an xy reference. How do you find where those coordinates are in the game?

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Press X. I've never found the Ankheg armour myself and I'm sure I went over that whole area with the Tab key pressed.

3. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Maybe it is not there in multiplayer, but I do not think so. It is 100% there in single player, just very hard to catch the highlight.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I think if you press "L" the coordinates of your cursor show up. If you have the coordinates, that should be enough to find the item. Keep in mind the area you are looking for is very small, so if you're off even a little bit, you won't see it.

5. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Left most furrow, small pine tree, all alone, just below and to the right. Dark little triangle, VERY tiny. Found it this morning.

6. david w Gems: 19/31

I don't have the game installed right now but I'll be sure to check that out the next time I play it.

I wonder how many other hidden items there are in the game...

7. Niskers Gems: 7/31

Yeah does anyone know of a list? Thus far I've got the armor, the ice wand outside the mines and the +1 ring enroute to the Friendly Arm. There's a cloak on non detction in the Cloakwood I think, but beyond that...

8. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If anyone's still wondering, the co-ordinates of the Ankheg Armour and pearl are (x 187 y 2742).
    Enjoy! :D

9. david w Gems: 19/31

There's a Wand of Cloudkill near to where you fight Sendai. Hidden behind a tree apparently but again this is one that I've never found myself, only heard about.

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There is a Ring of Wizardry outside the FAI (2555,3759).

Also, on the map where you fight Sendai of Amn and the dart-throwing bandit there is a cache with scroll of Cloudkill and a scroll of Chromatic Orb (1791,413).

11. david w Gems: 19/31

The Ring of Wizardry doesn't appear in all versions of the game. It certainly doesn't in mine.

12. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well it appears at least in the latest patched version (with TotSC).

13. david w Gems: 19/31

Not mine it doesn't. I've stood on the exact spot where it's reputed to be. And with Tutu installed, I've even gone over the whole area with the tab key held down.

No Ring of Wizardry.

14. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Same here, I've had my cursor on the exact coordinates, nothing... :( I guess it's a question of luck.

(Actually, by then I was so wound up about that stupid ring I SK'ed it in. Blatant cheat, yes, but damn it felt right)

15. david w Gems: 19/31

Then again, is it *really* cheating? If it was in the original version of the game and then removed, is putting it back in considering cheating or just fixing a "bug" with your version of the game?

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    For such a powerful item, it is surprising that some versions have it and some don't. I have the original 5-CD BG game (as opposed to the 4-CD version that came out later). And the ring is there in the original version. Even more frustrating the patches that have been released for the game sometimes add the ring, and sometimes remove the ring, so there doesn't seem to be any consistency in whether it's there or not. (I think with the latest patch it's present.)

17. Niskers Gems: 7/31

Of all the magically goodies, it's actually very practical. After all, low level mages with not a lot of cash could get slaughtered easily. One magica missile and it's back to the quater staff. Good way to get killed by a gibberling.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.