1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

American Football - Bengals

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Munchkin Blender, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Yes I admit I am a Bengals fan and seeing the team at 0-6 is very dishearting; it hurts to see other fans wanting to protest and selling their tickets to Steeler fans for 1/2 the seat cost. At least Matt Millen is not running the team; though Mike Brown is actually just as bad if not worst than Millen.

Even though the Bengals sit at a tie in the bottom of the league I will continue to support the team. Go Bengals!

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    While I sympathise with your plight, as a Steelers fan I must say that I hope they don't break their losing streak this weekend. I do have a question to add. As a true fan, with hope for this season lost, would it actually be in the best interest to the Bengals to continue to lose games so they get a higher draft pick next year? I mean, they couldn't make it look like they were deliberately throwing games to the point that they weren't competetive, but the only real difference between going 4-12 versus 1-15 is the quality of next year's draft pick. I'd imagine fans would be very disappointed with either record.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

It does not matter where the Bengals draft, because of the beloved Mike Brown, Bengals owner. There is a full site dedicated to having Mike Brown remove himself as the primary decission maker for the franchise.

Having no GM and scouting department has hinder the Bengals for the last 18 years; most fans state that the 2005 playoff appearance was a fluke and not affected by Marvin Lewis; however, I disagree with that statement.

Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown seem to be battling each other for control of the team the last couple years; Mike Brown put his stamp on where Marvin stands when Brown decided to bring Chris Henry back.

If you live around the Cin. Ohio area you should be able to pick up tickets for this weeks game at half price; most fans are selling or giving their tickets away.

Though, true fans will state this..."Selling or giving a ticket to a Steeler fan is like letting a terrorist run loose in the White House"

I for one, would go to all the games and cheer for the team, even as dismayal as they are this year. This year is no different than last year, expect the offense is hurting due to Carson Palmer's injury; last year it was the defense.

Excuse me as I have to go dust off my bengals hat that has been under my bed now for a week. I imagine it may not be worth my time to pull it out and wear again this Sunday.

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What is American Football?? I know it's not real football but is it really just soft rugby with everybody wearing pads? I'm sure there must be more to it

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like Silvery.

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Awwwww........thanks hun. I like you too

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Visit NFL.com for more information on American Football.

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Silvery has got to walk the plank for that first.

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    That's all a good fan can do - hang in there, the wheel's always turning...My Phillies won their first World Series title in 28 years last week! Winning it all makes toughing out the losing years a little easier...

10. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    American Football is called full contact chess by some.

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

1-8-1. Good work :grin:

12. Merlanni

Media:
    How about the Raiders vs Bronco's.

13. Merlanni

Media:
    Miami wins the division. If someone had told me a year ago,...

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ugh, Patriots deserved to go this year... Cassel played brilliantly with an injury-riddled team and had the same record as Miami :/ That being said, it is always cool to see a terrible team turn it around. Good luck in the playoffs Miami.

15. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yeah, it's too bad for the Patriots that things didn't work out... They probably deserved the playoffs, but I wouldn't say it was unfair; I like the rules set up for it.

Good season.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.