1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alternative Chapter Three

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by 8people, Jul 12, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] TSB - I want to try and keep it within groups already in the game. I need them to be realistic to the game. And I am not changing anything else apart from what is neccessary to make the mod work - which is to give alternatives to who you exchange services with.

2. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Right!! I will make efforts to help you in this project! I hope I can be of use!
    Any chance of another planar travel with that damned group of artists (forgot her name)? Is an existing group and isn't explored so much. A good chance to improve this quest. Maybe they are in trouble again...I remember of someone of higher rank than that Cambion and he doesn't appear personally..only his name!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] TSB - I will not be making any new areas. It is just too difficult.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wouldn't it be possible to just seek out Havarian directly?

5. 8people

Media:
    Well - I was thinking - For getting there yourself...

You accept aid from another group but turn them down when you discover they aren't going to help you and just going to use you. You quit the group and Saemon Havarian comes and is pretty angry saying he isn't going to be paid and that he had to turn down another job to do what was quit... yadda yadda yadda... You realise that he was the pirate/sailor blokey who was going to take you there and you seek him out.

6. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

There's no need to create a new area...just use the same! With some new enemies and a few changes of quests...just to find them again and then put them to go back to Amn to solve some mission!!
    Ahhhh..that's a great idea to use Havarian! I always thought his presence in the game was short. And there's that group on the second floor of a tavern within Waukeen's Promenade (Den of Seven Wicthes..or the other one??)..just a thought. But the idea of Saemon Havarian really amuses me...

[ July 19, 2003, 03:04: Message edited by: The Silver Bear ]

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Saemon Havarian will have to be used in with all the groups. I am oly trying to change chapter three. I will not be changing any existing quests unless it is absolutely neccessary.

And it's the Den of the Seven Vales. And those people usually attack you - it's unlikely they'd help.

I need groups that are easy to get to (eg, not hidden or not only appearing after certain quests are done) and ones that are likely to help (eg, non hostile groups, groups that know of you, etc...)

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I say go with something from BG1, just to strengthen the plot a bit. How about that huge spider thing that said something about an Icarus. Now if you translate that as Irenicus, give it a relitive or something and shove it into the sewers or something then that may work. You could also put in the sword Spiders Bane for kicks, or maybe as a quest item.
    Failing that you could get some of the characters who you have killed in the past to rock up in ghostly format and demand something. First would be the two you killed at Candlekeep, the Gorion, Mulhay, ect. They can demand things of you, send nightmares and stuff, ordering you to do things before finally directing you to Saemon.
    I think I like my second idea the most.

9. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

Well...I was thinking...could use the group of Mercenaries of Mardulf on Umar Hills!! They are almost useless (and the Shield of the Lost is just not worth the quest...only the experience is good and not that all) and are part of a quote (If I'm not mistaken) of that Captain in the City Gates that receive Black Lotus from a contrabandist.
    Sorry if I'm giving a lot of ideas (even all until now being very very fool) but I really liked the idea of creating an alternative Chapter 3!

10. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What about Drizzt and his friends? I know some people maybe not like him, but there are others who like him. Maybe Regis got into trouble again, and Drizzt need your help save Regis as he... huh... arghhhh!!!! Swords not words!

Oh man! I just couldn't think of a proper reason of why Drizzt will need your help. :bang:
    But I hope someone can think of it.

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If you use Drizzt in any way, shape or form I will personally track you down and gouge out your eyes.
    Now that that's settled, the black lotus idea may be useful in subquests involving the other major ideas. Maybe you have to find someone who can sell you the stuff. Or maybe you could just give it a larger role for the hell of it.

12. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I don't use him. But I will befriend him and Beware! If you are going to do as you said, he will be the first to hunt you down. All of his trustworthy companions and friends will also join him to fulfill his cause!

Just joking! :D

13. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

I have nothing against Drizzt but...you know...he's just too powerfull to need any help from you in Chapter 3! If only it happened in Chapter 6 when you already can be considered very strong.

14. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Change the the rouge wizards to the Amnish sect of the Red Wizards of Thay, so that you can still get Edwin, he could be your guide!!

the Temple one would be easy as you only nead to add one person per temple to make it work, It could also be incorperated into the stronghold thing, Defeat the Eyeless and get a ride to Brynlaw.

For Ribald, you could get that mage he knows (the one who returns the Knights of Samoa in the Planar Sphere) to do it for 20,000 (this could be justified because it is illegal to take someone to spellhold)

For places to bese the groups, try these

There is a house in the middle of the Docks distric Next to Valygars home with nothing inside bar a cat with shifty eyes, Ive never found any use for it, but if you try to steal something someone notices (I suspect the cat)

You could alter the mercheant above the Adventurers Mart, he didn't have anything good anyway :D

There's an unmarked house in the Bridge district (about 3/4 up on the right, next to a bridge pylon thingie with a party of 6 mages)

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I don't think Red Wizards of Thay ventures out of Thay all that often, despite Edwin running around, but then again Edwin is a renegede in BG2.

16. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

The home of the "shifty-eyed cat" ;) in the Docks ditrict is used for the paladin strongold.

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I might have a monk thing - I'll have to run the idea past Frosty, who will be away for the next week or so. I was thinking of trying to import a few sprites/animations from IWD2, I don't know if it would be possible but I'll give it a shot, if it does work then we might be able to include demons or white dragons or something. I don't know.

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    You know, there's a program on TeamBG somewhere that's DESIGNED to extract animations from IWD2.

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought TeamBG went off the web?

nevermind...

And no Drizzt! I've said before we are not having him.

20. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

What do you mean by this? :eek: I thought you were not going to involve Monks on this...as you said in a reply for me! :jawdrop: Anyway...I like a lot the idea of having Monks!! :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.