1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alternative Chapter Three

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by 8people, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
  2. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Aegisfield cannot be raised. But you can prevent his death by hunting down the tanner yourself first. After the tanner have escaped then you report to Aegisfield about the tanner.

3. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about you working for Firkraag? I think this is not a bad idea, considering that he does know Irenicus, and possible his plan too (need to change some dialogue here), you can convince him to lead you to Irenicus, and must do some errands for him. (of course he has to kill the goody-goody there first):

Quest 1: you must steal the golden statue (cost 10000 gold – unsellable of course :) ) from the Mayor of Trademeet for Firkraag, if you cant steal, then just kill him.

Quest 2: there are a group of Paladin sent to investigate the murderer of Garren, and you are sent to “deal” with them.

Quest 3: there is another Dragon near Umar Hills (the Shade Lord quest), which is Firkraag’s competitor, you must kill him and bring back his scale as proof (you get to keep it though).

After everything is in order, he will give you a scroll of teleportation which will take you to Spellhold when used.

You will need to modify some dialogue for Saemon and Bodhi though. And you are not drugged this way too (if you dont bring Yoshimo along), so you can choose to fight Irenicus this time, he will summon some monsters for you to fight (preferable Shadow Thief), then knock you unconscious after you are “weakened”.

And when you get back to Athkatla (sp?) in Chapter 6, all Shadow Thieves will “disappear” (being destroyed by Bodhi), and you can find Aran’s trinket in Bodhi’s Lair (cant miss them :D )

Everything then proceed as normal.

The only problem is that this is an evil path as well, but I prefer to have more options :)

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] What about the Zhents? Xzar did say something about knowing about Irenicus, and Xzar's a Zhent...

5. Kralizek Gems: 7/31

What about the slavers ? The quests are there already, but the guarded compound has none attached. Why not work for them ? Don't know, maybe they want to raid Brynnlaw for new, ahem... goods :evil: . And nobody said you had to fight for Celestial Fury... :D

6. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The compound was a part of the Twisted Rune quest. Maybe you could tie all the Twisted Rune quests with the slaver quest and then they would hire you to raid Spellhold with some of their cronies. :)

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@Deathmage - In Baldur's Gate 1 you finds out that Montaron and Xzar arnen't actually Zentharims, they are just hired agents. But the idea is good, and he can hire you in theirs name and let you do missions for the harpers.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I am going to have a max of six ideas - so far I think that - getting there alone, Harpers, a Member of the council of Six, The Rogue Wizards and Firkraag will be in. One more idea.

Saemon will have to be invlolved with travel - we do not want to disrupt the game, just broaden it. And I'm sure you all want the Sahaguin city. I want to refrain from High Level Encounters, because people may not either know much about them or may not want to get involved with something until higher level.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hm, maybe one of the inmate's friend want to break them out of Spellhold?
    I wonder what Tiax's friend would be like.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Please, Radiant Heart. This would be good for people who play Paladin.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay. I'll try with the Radiant Heart.

That makes it:
    Getting there on your own
    Harpers
    Helping a member of the Six
    The Rogue Wizards
    Firkraag
    The Radiant Heart

Is this okay with everybody?

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This sounds like a great idea for a mod. I certainly agree that the lack of an acceptable choice for an ultra-good character has always bothered me. I would say that five of the six options you listed sound interesting to me. I am not really interested in the Fikraag option but that is just me and it does make story-wise for an evil party.

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I don't really like the Firkraag option, but any of the others are good.

Of course, with the 'Get there yourself' option, we run into a few problems, but I think they could be solved. For starters, what's stopping the player from jumping straight to the Asylum right out of Chateau Irenicus. And second, what determines when the shift from Chapter Two or Three is? You'd need to solve these problems before making the mod.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I think I've got a pretty good idea about the chapter change for 'getting there yourself' if it doesn't work I have a few backup ideas as well.

@Rastor: If you can think of an alternative I''l do that instead :) unless Firkraag gets a fan club and they kidnapp me and perform horrific tortures to keep him in :)

15. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Any chance of creating a new group? Like a temple dedicated to Monks...I know it would be a hard one, but it would be very interesting!
    Anyway, I also think that taking that group of the sub-quest of Jan Jansen (SPOILER, sorry), the name be Enlighted Ones I guess, is good too!

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I am creating a new group - The Rogue Wizards. I don't think many monks would willingly take part in this.

17. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

That's ok!! Look, I'm not a programmer, nor I understand a word of it! But it's a hobby of mine to spend hours and hours creating these kind of stuff! Like a saga to a character, his background, etc. I spend a lot of time writting these things to coming sessions of RPG with my friends. If you need some help in this...I would be more than glad to be of use!
    See you.

18. dAS Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Great idea. Makes the game more personable to the PC. If you'd like any help for dialog or voices, I'd be glad to help, although my Resume is, well...I havn't one :( . Hope all turns out well, and thanks in advance :p

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Perhaps if someone can come up with an alternative to Firkraag - I will be shot by my 'business partner' if I include him as an option. Either that or we'll leave it at five if nobody suggests somehting else.

20. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

When you say an alternative to Firkraag...you mean anything??? I mean...I can send you a saga of a class I created to my sessions...it's a little different from the classes within BG2 ... and I would have to translate it to english. But if you want it anyway..just let me know!
    Another thing...you could improve the quest of some of the dragons in the game. Like some kind of revenge for the killing of that specie of Dragon...as worshippers of Firkraag (yeah, I know you want to take Firkraag out of this..but it was just an example) or any other of them...the Shadow one, etc...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.