1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

All the weapons which can hurt Kangaxx

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Chris Williams, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

how bout the staff of striking? Aint that a +9 weapon?

2. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Nope, the Staff of Striking is only considered +3 when determining what it an hit.

3. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Apologies for resurrecting an oldish topic, but I've just downloaded Near Infinity (excellent program, BTW - I'll have a peek at the source at some point) and can add a couple more weapons / weapon-like spells whose enchantments are +4 or better:
    • Sunstone Bullets (considered +4)
    • Fireseeds, Sol's Searing Orb (from spell, considered +6)
    The attacks from the totemic druid's spirit creatures are considered to be +5. Damaging spells requiring touch (e.g. cause wounds, harm, shocking grasp, etc.) all seem to have an effective enchantment of +6 or better. Shame Kangaxx is immune to them.

Hopefully, the complete list of items and spells which can damage him will allow the use of tactics other than rapid application of a Protection From Magic scroll.

4. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

According to the description the Priest of Helm's special ability "Seeking Sword" is considered +4 when determining what it can hit. Then it too should be able to hit Kangaxx.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Add Black Blade of Disaster (+5) to that list.

6. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Yes, the Seeking Sword will hit.
    No, the Totemic Druid's creatures won't. They were supposed to, but they don't.
    There's a fix for this by Extremist in the SP BG2-downloads section.

IIRC, I believe some other special ability was able to harm Kangaax - forgot which of those.

7. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Oops! I'm really sorry.. It has been so long time ago when I played BG2.. I just started a new game and realized it wasn't Kangaxx I killed. It was just that elemental lich.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Just thought to note, that if you buy Warblade (was that in the list? :hmm: ) and use protection from undead, Kangaxx is actually pretty easy. And it's not even cheesy. :cool:

9. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yes Warblade was mentioned but Protection from Undead will cause Kangaxx lich form to hover at near death and not turn to demi-lich form (has to be triggered by Kangaxx seeing a party member). Use the protection from undead only AFTER he turns into demilich.

I heard a cheesy way was to recruit Keldorn with Carsomyr and have a mage character. Let him be imprisoned then cast freedom immediately. Keldorn once freed will continue attacking Kangaxx but Kangaxx will ignore him since he is not considered a party member anymore LOL. Of couse your mage had better have spell immunity abjuration on and help Keldorn with MMM. Hopefully it will be the mage that puts in the killing blow to get xp as I don't think you will get xp if Keldorn kills Kangaxx without being in the party.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@Jeremiah
    Then just talk to him, or show another character to trigger the event, then retreat him. The protected character can then resume to whacking. ;)

Guess you have it all collected to that list.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.