1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

All the Classes VS the Bard

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Scythesong Immortal, Dec 12, 2003.

1. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I think wish might actually recharge items afterall, I had Imoen use the spelltrap from Staff of the Magi, I then cast Wish and wished to make it like I rested and I checked the SotM and it was recharged. I'm not sure if this is a mod or bug or not however.

2. Meatdog Gems: 15/31

It's an ability that can be reused every day (which means every time you rest, which in turn does almost never coincide with an actual day) so if the condition of your party is reset to when you just rested, it is very logical that the items they carry are also refreshed IMHO. I always considered that part of the wish spell as some kind of weird time manipulation.

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Well...if thats what the idea is behind recharging items with SoTM, then I think it should apply to all items as well, as they are also recharged after resting.

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31

They probably should but I haven't tried it myself though. But not all items can be reused everyday, some actually have charges that don't recharge after resting. :p
    Can anyone confirm either way if the other once per day items also "recharge" by using wish or if it is only with the Staff of the Magi?

5. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    It doesn't really matter. With the Blade, just sell the item and buy it back again. The merchant will recharge it for you, and generally rogues have a semi-endless supply of gold. ;)

6. casey Gems: 15/31

so does any other character you play as.

7. Meatdog Gems: 15/31

It does matter since wish can be used in combat but stores not.

8. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    Why cast Wish in combat?
    Once you get all your spells back it doesn't matter anyway.
    And yes, I've tried Wish on me and I didn't get back my item charges, sadly. (Staff of Magi)
    I'll try it on another item later today. Did you mean rest-charge items only?

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31

Yes, I meant only rest-charge items. It wouldn't be logical for the other charged items to be recharged by wish.

10. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Actually I recharge items using the nishruu trick, it has yet to be patched as far as i know. Just have a nishruu attack you while you use charged items, and it eventually wraps your charges, so my wands all have around infinity charges. Its just annoying for me to have to sell and resell when I have an item I can use the whole game instead/

11. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    Maybe it's because I have the official patch installed (as well as a few mods) but after some testing no rest-charge items have been recharged by the Wish Spell so far.
    It was also like this back in SoA, so I'm assuming the trick only works in unpatched ToB?

12. casey Gems: 15/31

I'm fairly sure I've patched it.

13. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    Then I'll just un-install all my mods, reinstall the game, and try it again.
    There were also signs of faulty installation anyway. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.