1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA Apps Lost

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] From Mandos, head of ALFA apps:

"I regret to say that I recently deleted my Windows folder (long story) thereby loosing about 50 applications to ALFA. If you applied before September 9, 2001 and have yet to receive an acceptance or rejection letter, your app was lost. I apologize for this, and hope that no one has to retype a long character background. In any event the application page will be turned on soon.
    On another note, the never-ending and excerable "How Many Times Has ALFA Rejected You?" thread has produced some good fruit. The suggestion for a set of writer's guidelines has been adopted, and I am currently working on them; the guide or a link will be posted on the app page soon.
    The coaching rule has come in for review, and is being strongly debated. I do not know yet what the final answer will be, but suffice it to say that a spirited and substative discussion is underway. If there is a change is policy it will be posted immediately.
    A third suggestion was on the rejection notes. Prior to my tenure as the application screener no rejection notes were sent out. My policy was to right each person a response, but it was very brief, usually along the lines of "This character has been rejected." I think in response to some of the comments here I might go for a longer, more explanatory form letter for rejections.
    Thank you to those folks who gave substative, thoughtful advice and suggestions...I mull through them all and try to have a an ear that hears and a heart that listens. I am happy to entertain other suggestions for ALFA's improvement either through posts or an email."

So the moral is, if you ain't heard, reapply!

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Reapply, sure!

But not on ALFA of course. If they lost apps now, think what they can lose when NWN gets released? And you call that place serious...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.