1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Aendhiir did not have "a full life"

Tonight a new adventurer looking for justice and glory will enter Daggerdale: Orbrin Brightaxe.

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Hehe, i feel sorry for your bard <insert new PDN here> :hahaerr:
    Hey, i met you today!
    In the mines you were getting some exoskeleton wit Valydr (or something) the berserker. You stole my ants right in front of my nose!
    Hehe, i got them by now. I was that half-orc, Roshnak.

I probably did a wise decision today.
    Roshnak was with couple of buddies (damn powerhauses all lvl5+ :rolleyes: ) and killed a few Zhents. One DM generated group and the patrol for me to make the quest.

Then we realized we were hell of a force (There were about 6 lvl5+ guys) and tried to decide which monsters are the biggest nuisance to the DD.
    We said thats mountain beasts. The thing is i was the only lvl1 guy there :rolleyes: So they advised me not to go hunting the mountains. Sure i could survive if i went but perhaps i wouldnt... you never know when you get an killer arrow in your face.
    And i already have about 750XP :eek:

So i went to sleep (IC) and making cookies(OOC). :grin: :grin:

EDIT:
    One quick question: The smith in White Chalk Hollow that makes armor out of ant shells. If you give him 10 exoskeletons and the queen one you get a medium armor + tower shield + helm.
    Now i'fe heard you can give him more exoskeletons to make you better armor.

So, can he make full plate and how many exoskeletons does he need for that?

[ July 27, 2003, 16:41: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

3. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That should teach you BTA - you just can't trust those hin ;)

If Yuki had healed you above 0 while the fight was still going on, there's a good chance you would have died again anyways. And that is *so* annoying. Especially when there are archers or an enemy mage with a few magic missiles handy.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, if I didn't know better I'd think that Rem guy was doing it on purpose! ;)

But that was the whole thing Gnolyn: The Sorcerer was gone and there were only two melee-only monsters left (there was actually only one left when I died, but I'm not sure if there was enough time to get healed after that).

I think I had a great chance of surviving even if I had healed just over 0. Eh, but it's water under the bridge now, and like I said, at least I'm still alive. I'm even back to 3rd level with my Rapid Shot again, so I'm happy. :)

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Also...Yuki may not be what she claims...Does anyone even know what her deity is? I NEVER go anywhere alone with her...Just my two cents...It may be unfounded...But there it is.

By the way....about you dying with me around. That just hurts, man! ;) :p

6. Mesmero

I had a (crazy) idea this morning: The Knights of Sorcerer's Place (or maybe Taluntain's Angels, I haven't decided how to call it). Nothing special, just the SPers going on an adventure together. We'll make a great team; Math, Sir Bel, Gothmog, BTA and I (Gnolyn and Frostbite are also welcome to join if you are on Daggerdale). If you all think it is a good idea, I might be able to convince a DM to make a special quest for us. Convincing the DM might be hard, but if I mention the great Rem Stoneybrook will be in the party, it might be easier.

7. Gothmog

[​IMG] Wow Silvy!!!

Thats a GREAT idea if you ask me :grin:

I can be the frontline... very soon i'll be 3rd level with lots of (43)HP and i hit quite surely too. And i have enough money to buy myself much-needed big iron (full plate)

But you'll have to direct me at every step... i'm likely to get lost. ;)

We'd have: frontliner(me Roshnak)
    Scout/backup fighter (BTA)
    rogue complete scout (Bel)
    Another backup fighter - pally (Silvy)

Now i dont know what characters Math, Gnolyn and Frostbite play.
    One serious flaw though... we have no healer. And you know how is that hard in ALFA.

Edit:
    Oh, man Whats wrong with people?!?
    I've been attacked twice now... in two days!
    First time was completely for no reason... i was AFK and when i get back i see some guy beating **** out of me.... i was already at 5hp only... i ran and screamed what is he doing!
    He summoned a hell hound and attacked me again... i killed him in one blow though.
    I mean WHY?
    At least he'd say something... like he hates orcs or anything.... but nothing... just attacks. :mad:

And now was the second time a minute ago. I met a guy Mord something... He said he needs help to clean out the crypt. Roshnak is nices and likes to help so he went along. We partied and he was lvl2 cleric apparently...22hp full life. And i had 23hp and my rage.
    He summoned a dire badger... and casts mage armor on himself (cleric domain magic)... i though to help kill the zombies... but then.

At least this guy said he's been hearing that a halfbreed like me was attacking the people in DD. Then he wanted all my money or i'd die.

Roshnak not give up easily so he Rages and attacks the bad man!
    Damn bastard was good and got me down to 2hp... then my mighty blow killed him... then the idiot logged off. Just that i wouldnt get my deserved loot! :mad:

I really dont know... perhaps this was the same person... but he really picked up on me it seems... his player name is something like: a143183 (yeah, thats right... i remembered it becouse its so stupid). So watch out for him... He really seems an idiot!

But i have a BIG problem now... I'm in rage and have 2hp left... as soon as rage ends i'll probably be at -x. Thats damn bad!

Please, i would really need a healer there... Its OOC to be there when i log in but you were hunting zombies ;)
    I know Silverblade can heal with his Brightaxe... lay on hands that is.
    I just checked... i should still be in rage but server doesnt show that... it says i'm at -2. :(

If we could time each other so that i would log in and you'd heal me i would live :) And you'd surely have my help thereafter whenever you'd need it :)

[ July 29, 2003, 13:37: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

8. Mesmero

Isn't that metagaming, that isn't allowed :nono: You should go to a cleric and let yourself be healed instead of asking for help OOC. And besides, I can't heal 3 hp. I can only heal 1 hp with my lay on hands ability. I intend to play by the rules for once :good:

Math is also a pally BTW. Galen Halenmyst, or Halen Galenmyst, or Malenhyst or something like that.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Galen Malenhyst ... who you can see lying in state in the Temple of Lathander. (don't ask ... uggghhhh, long story, ruined day)

I am now Blaise Lyonsbane. Cleric of Lathander, almost half-way to second level. I am a lawful good powerhouse, and the clumsiest PC I've ever played (10 Dex). I never realized how much I'd miss the +3 to AC and hit with bows. This is the worst AC I've had and my BAB is so bad with a crossbow that it took me over 50 arrows to kill eight zombies! The Villan in Black almost chased me back to the River Gate. After I licked my wounds and rested, I went back to fight him and found a dwarf engaged with the brute in hand to hand combat. I wanted the dwarf to get his full reward, so waited (he was uninjured) but the Villan got a few good licks in, so I charged in with my morning star, got a critical hit, and toppled the brute. The dwarf was near death, so didn't mind loosing the 9xp.

So, in short, you have a healer!

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Adventuring together would be fine, but I only know Rem out of all of you so far, so there really isn't any reason for a DM to make an adventure around us.

We can certainly say when we'll be on and get to know one another (I usually get to know Mat's characters pretty quickly ;) ) and go adventuring together for a while, but before we're good friends IC and have common goals, I doubt a DM would take the time to make us an adventure.

They seem pretty busy already, since I still have not gotten one to repair my MW longbow yet. I almost got Kipper to do it Saturday, but then something more important came up, and he was too busy.

Where are you Gothmog? If you're inside the crypt, it's doubtful anyone would be there to heal you. If you're outside somewhere, then it might be possible, but I have no healing to give you even if I wanted to metagame it.

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

It is odd that Hallen has been able to strike up fast friendships with Altga, Aramis and Galen. He's just a likeable guy!!! Lets hope he and Blaise will get along as well.

On the adventure together ... the best thing would be for all of us to hit LVL 3, join Rem's Freedom Fighters, and then he can set us apart as the SP-Force. That would give us lots of IC reason to hang out. (now if I can just live to third level ...)

12. Mesmero

In case we don't hit 3rd level...

We don't have to be good friends IC to have common goals. A paladin of Moradin and a cleric of Lathander could probably work together without even knowing each other very well. I have been working together with Roshnak the barbarian (Gothmog), but we made a strange team; a barbarian and a paladin, with the barbarian being twice as big as the paladin. Some strange things must happen for a paladin and a rogue to work together. I think that we all play good characters or neutral character that lean towards good (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think we should go for the 'everybody was in the right place in the right time to except the quest'-approach. If one of us is given the quest, and he knows another person, who knows another person to help out, we could get the team together that way. We would trust another, by trusting the person who introduced them, when he says that person can be trusted. That idea actually sucks too.

The common goal would have to be something that is essential to every adventurer in Daggerdale. We don't share the same race, alignment, or class and except if you all come from Citadel Adbar, The Silver Marches, I can't really think of a goal that might be only essential to us.

I will contact HDM Memneth to ask if they are even willing to make a custom quest for a small adventuring party.

13. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Goth, you should give Memneth a PM about this guy attacking you and then logging upon death. It's not inconcievable that he could have had a CLW potion on him and that could have saved you. Also this looks like griefing if the cleric isn't of evil allignment, inviting you into a party to take you out and kill you.

Oh and it's official now, I'm an ADM for Yartar. :happy:

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Congrats Capt! You, Xenmaster and the lovely Arwn should have a wonderful time.

As you saw, I've already died on Yatar, so it is officially blessed with my blood! ;)

15. Gothmog

[​IMG] Wow we have a DM in our midsts :eek:

Ok, i'll send DD DM a message about that fight.But actually i'm more dissapointed in the first fight, becouse of completely no IC interaction and frontal assault.

Well, we are all of good alignment (i belive). Another thing is... I dont think one's profession or race makes a big difference in friendship. Sure its a bit harder to forge one, but after that its not of relevance anymore.
    I belive that most of all which decides about who are you friends with is your character. Unless you're some great zealot of (actually any it doesnt matter) faith you should be able to accept a holy man who dedicated himself to a good god, if you're a good person as well.
    Naturaly then comes characters attitude towards gods and their followers.

Talking about that know that Roshnak doesnt like gods. More about it IC.

Eh, i'm just babbling again :rolleyes:

And...Whats griefing?

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Griefing is causing other players grief (usually killing their characters) just because you can, and you take pleasure in other players' (not characters') misery.

At an extreme, you kill their characters just so you can piss them off and then laugh at them and call them names afterwards to piss them off more.

17. Mesmero

Gothmog, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying that race or class matters to make friendship, I was saying that different classes, alignment and/or races might have problems working together towards a common goal. A tactic to get the job done might not suite all the players. As a paladin, it is not my job to lie or cheat, which might seem the easiest way out, but my moral code says I should not behave like that. I could also not continue an association with someone who consistently offends my moral code.

18. Gothmog

[​IMG] Hmmm... that i agree with yes :)

And in this aspect our would-be company goes quite well together i think.

Paladin chalenges his foes with his ritual challenge and then fights valiantly without fear until either evil is vanquished.
    (Silverblade)

Barbarian enrages delivering poweful blows through his unmatched strenght fueled by his boiling anger, preventing him from fleeing cowardly.
    (Gothmog)

Ranger has a different, more subtle approach to combat, prefering to weaken the enemie from afar before closing in on melee. Or even better keep the enemy at bay with your rain of arrows.
    (BTA)

Rogue prefers to avoid direct combat all-together, but when necessary can strike with deadly accuracy from the shadows in which he was unseen a second ago. Not all rogues are murderers though... some are just survivours adept at avoiding danger and escaping unscathed where others fail.
    In our case with Rem it is the later, and his goal is noble so this should not be a obstacle for even-so-noble paladin.
    (Sir Belisarius)

Cleric or Lathander devotes his life to preserving good and life, sometimes matching paladins zealous desire to do good and punish evil, and at least matches if not surpasses paladins faith in his deity.
    (Mathetais)

Why now... We're destined to make glorious forever remembered legends together, no? :holy:

19. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sounds like an interesting idea. Unfortunately, my character (Raina) is heavily involved in events on Arabel at the moment.

Tomorrow night, a small group of us (3 possibly 4) will be attempting to rescue a lone halfling from the clutches of a powerful orc tribe, the 'eaters of flesh'. We've spent two whole gaming sessions just preparing for this trek! Since the orc guards are level 10-12 equivalents, we'll be taking *great* care to not be seen or heard. We even hired the services of a Diviner to learn everything we can before we head out. If we live to tell the tale, I'll be sure to post it here, in-character.

20. Mesmero

"This will be a heck of a story on SP ;) " - Mathetais

Since Math hasn't told the story yet...

From the journal of Orbrin Brightaxe, servant of Moradin

I was looking for a quiet evening in the tavern, but that was not meant to be. A follower of Lathander, named Blaise Shatterstar, told us that he saw bodies lying near a crypt, and undead walking around. It is my duty to get rid of those foul creatures, and I joined in. Voran Ma'fer, Morf, Cat Silversnow, Yuki Spellcold, Galil Asen, Tania Vendura, Blaise and myself, travelled to a graveyard, not far from the city. Soon we found the bodies Blaise mentioned and a scout went into the crypt. Foul creatures were in the crypt, and I felt the need to put my axe in them. We all went in, and a vampire with two skeletons appeared. Morf's bear attacked first, soon followed by arrows and a throwing axe of myself. Tania took out one of the skeletons. I'm ashamed to say that I was the first to flee the crypt. Everybody got out save, except for Blaise, who died in battle.

I will swith to OOC now. With Blaise (Mathetais) dead, the rest of the party discussed whether we should go back for the body. I was standing closest to the entrance of the crypt, and I thought we were save outside. Suddenly, the vampire and the remaining skeleton came out of the crypt. Before I knew what was going on, they had both hit me and I was send to the Fugue Plane. There was Mathetais waiting. He told me that there the fight wasn't necessary, for the vampire tried to negotiate with us. This is something I completely missed in the battle. Math left soon however, and I was standing there alone. Luckily Yuki contacted me spiritually and asked if I wanted to be raised. I was only level 1 (almost level 2) and I preparred myself to loose all my experience points. I told Yuki I wanted to be raised, because I like this character, and I didn't want to make all new friends again, and get the role-playing blues again. Yuki searched for a scout and found Falling-Leaf. He suddenly got a hatred for dwarves, and didn't want to help. Ariana Sonnenschein got my body away from the vampire, and I was succesfully raised. Luckily I had 500 gp on me, that was required for the raise (never hurts to keep some money aside for things like this). Orbrin Brightaxe lives to see another day, and with all his experience points remaining. :D

A few comments:
    - You might notice that I didn't write the journal with 'ye' instead of 'you' etc, as I usually speak with Orbrin, but this actually made is easier to write.
    - And Math, what on earth made you decide to take that portrait. You looked like a drow. I actually wanted to kill you for being a drow, but luckily, your description said you were human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.