1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

*shrugs* I was trying to figure out what all can he beat. And i didnt know Bodak has death ability.

Anyway today was quite awsome. Having around 6 characters (all lvl 15+) running around in the dungeon. Nasty thing is that they enter the dungeon, i run a full circle around it setting encounters, traps and loot, and then they walk through one room, find a ladder upwards (with a trap hehe) and go up. So there i go again running around placing stuff.
    It was all cool, while i only had Frosty and Jaxtor(iirc he's jaxtor). All i had to do is run ahead, place some stuff and posses some monsters. But when a lot of players came by, time started running very short. There was a Velsharoon priest, who'll attack the party for looting/escaping the tomb, a n00b ALFAn asking questions and a party to guide (which was luckily quite buisy with their own members). Well, i think we had much fun anyway :)

BTW, Shifter is really cool!
    Especialy when char is just rezzed, without all items and must retrieve his stuff from a dozen mummies ;)

But regular ALFA with nice low-levels and a good story behind every quest is much better.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Aye, it's great fun with low levels adn a good story. Although every now and then one needs to throw some fun monsters at a high level character, just to get a change. Or of course have the monsters thrown at him, which is also fun.

Oh, on a side note, ALFA Live Vault should be up by this time tomorrow, if not before hand.

3. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@BTA Vault will get resest again anyways so it doesn't really matter.

*note to self* Do not go to NC

And I get to remake my Red Wizard again, woot. Drokkar is giving back XP and gold that was recieved during his wensday campain too.

4. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Gothy! Don't forget about our own little traitor.
    From my own character, Darkfyre the drow - (glossed over though. My fingers are freezing and typing is a pain)

Darkfyre the drow befriended Jax, the very very cool halfling, together, we were doing great, until that is, we headed up gothys bedamned ladder. In the name of the underdark! How many mummies did you spawn on us? After we came back, much fun was ot be had, as it seemed that someone must've followed us up, and also gotten killed by our mummies, we continued to loot their stuff along with organizing our own.

On the way up, we met another adventurer, dwarven by the looks of it, claimed he was looking for some guy or other. At this point Darkie wasn't really concentrating, her mino form was more eager to sniff out undead then lsten to small folk talking. The dwarf ran off, we followed, andm much to Darkie's joy we met lots and lots of skeletons, so Fyre was happy to cleave those up for a while. We rescued the dwarfs friend, but he ran off afterwards *sigh* thats human gratitude for you.

After that, the terrible two met up with another halfling, a nasty piece of work he was, Darkie didn't like him at all. Jax was okay with him, but he hated Jax by the looks of it. Bah, next thing he does? Turn invisble on us and run. Darkie and Jax weren't having any of this now. A few words, and Darkie was shifted into a huge drider, and Jax used some of his magical gems to see through the halflings trickery.

Small folk *rolls eyes* All we wanted to do was to ask him if he wanted to team up to get out of this dark bedamned pit. Eventually, after much running around, Darkie the drider cornered the little bugger. And then, he had the indignity to try stick me with his knife. Now, Fyre wanted none of this at all. Jax was inclined to agree. We decided dead people didn't ned their stuff, and carried on, a lot more richer then before.

Now, up onto teh third level, by this time Darkie was running low on shifts. But as luck should have it, we met with another two adventurers, Bekka and Hart (ALFA'n newb) The larger party continued on. blah blah blah

Interesting bit, and pretty close to where my story ends -

A drow male appears from no where (PC) So... well, Fyre decides to call him "male" not a good idea on her own part really, so inter party relationships get off to a bad start. then Hart tried to pick pocket him while we were arguing. Not good! Hart escaped nearly unscathed, but the drow male wasn't a happy bunny. Anyway, a few minutes later through the dingy corridors... and bloody mummies. Everywhere! Darkie chops a few up, but has to retreat blah blah blah long boring fight.

Hart and the drow male dispeaed off round the corner, so Darkfyre followed. And what should she see! But the drow male bringing the halfling within an inch of his life with one of his Banite spells. Darkie sticks up for the little guy, and the drow plays innocent. But anyway, everyone sided with me, and I resulted it getting blown away by onw of his spells :( Had to log off after that.

Great fun though, last night darkie was 6druid/7shifter :( he was 20 cleric.

But I made a script this morning for leveling up and shoved it into my toolset, so now... 10/10 druid shifter!

:D Ready to exact some wrath, and looking forward for some more fun tonight.

5. Gothmog

Yee, i'm back to online world :love:

Sunday night our electrician's were playing around. Shutting it down... and release it for a second and again and again. I pulled the plug out, but seems it was too late. My modem got burned :(
    So i had to wait, and 5min ago i finaly got one :)
    BACK! :D

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

:( Azira died evil lag death, so I maintain my amazing ability to not get a character above level 2. Hopefully Thari will do better

@Gothmog :p Empty your PM inbox out, its full.

7. Gothmog

LOL today was a great day.
    Basicaly Hignar and Voran badly cheated a poor Ettin he was left in the end with 15gp instead of hundreds if he sold everything. Bad, bad people. But they did make him a king too.
    Cand post today, but i'll edit the whole thing tomorrow.

@Frosty
    PMbox emptied :)
    Tell me something about the new knockdown&toughness 1xp, 10hp 14, 13, 13, 10, x, y druid Thari. :)
    Might make some action for ya to stop dying at lvl1... at least you'll die lvl2 ;)

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

:D still got my amazing 1 exp three days after creation, yes, I haven't killed a thing :D Voran was telling me about the ettin :)

9. fade Gems: 13/31

Kric Bendt reign of terror is continuing!

Me and some crazy gnome barbarian(my roommate) are tearing through Selgaunt. Give it a tenday or two and the entire city will be OURS.

Umm, yea, more like doing DM quests and trying to find a red robe.

Btw, anyone here interested in playing an evil cleric? We need healing :D

10. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Bah, my roleplaying ALFA abilities have gone way way way dorwn hill since the death of my beloved druid, Taemarya. Now a days my characters tend to last for neigh on a week (or less - more often then not less)

Check this out - Never ever hit level 3 on any of my 20 odd characters, :( at least I could hit level 2 on DD, or, I did at least twice.
    I have a vault clean out a few days about 3-4 days ago, blah, already two dead characters in it.

:(

eh. Ignore me, I'm just being depressive.

11. Gothmog

[​IMG] Make a wizard with 2hp and live for a month, while actively playing every day or so. :)

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I only got one character to level 2 out of my 20 odd characters, let alone level 3! But then I was exceptionally terrible at keeping characters alive *shrugs*
    You'll eventually find a character you like and keep it alive.
    Prehaps try a new server or something if you can't keep a character alive on that one. Waterdeep is a great place if you're looking for a change.

13. fade Gems: 13/31

Maybe I am just luckey. My second PC hit level 3, and my newest one just hit two.

Psst, start a character on Selgaunt, you will have fun. . .I promise. :evil:

14. Rotku

We've hopefully got a ship to ship combat session coming up this tuesday, at 11pm GMT, in TPIs. Come along if you want, it's open to everyone! There's more info about it posted on the ALFA boards.

15. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Ooo, I have a new character, Tris :D

She might travel more then my others, as long as Gothmog doesn't kill me first ¬_¬

Shes a fighter, how evil will it be to not play a healer character

16. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Im not missing anything, am i? ALFA is still down, yes? I tried to download the hakpacks from an earlier post, but the links were broken. I feel so disconnected!

17. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

nope, ALFA is up, and has been so for a while.

18. Gothmog

Just take a look at the ALFA community boards, and you'll find the haks download pages in no time.
    Yeah, everything is back to normal. Good old ALFA :)
    Except that quite a few servers have disapeared. Ah, well at least we who remain get more players :)

19. Rotku

Apart from the fact that some of the players have disappeared with the servers :(

20. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Hmm, I haven't seen Anysha in a long time, does she still play any more?

On a side note; WooP! 59 experience *cheers* Largest amount I've had in a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.