1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Took a big part? Tharag also took a big part in a DM quest thing at Silverymoon.

He found an injured half elven lady while he was walking through the woods one day, and worked out that she was froma small elven village deep in the forest and had been attacked by werewolves.

Tharag took her to his temple, the temple of Cyric, to see what they could do. The head priest of the church prayed to Cyric for a few minutes before informing Tharag and Illana (the half elf) that Cyric would not help her because she does not worship him, and warned Tharag to be careful in his chose of what he does next.

Remembering the quote from Cyric's holy book thingy, "Any means or method is justified if it brings about the desired end." So Tharag decided to take her to another temple. On the way to the temple district (the Temple of Cyric is outside the temple district for certain reasons) Illana feel down and was surrounded by a pool of negitive engery. That soon cleared away and Tharag ended up carrying her to the nearest temple which happened to be a temple of Selune.

The priestess there said that she could cure Illana but Tharag'd need to collect 3 different sorts of herbs (Mandrake, Nightsglow and Thistledown). After a while Tharag decided to try the library place, where he learnt that a gnome who owned a potions shop, had a book which showed the herbs. Tharag quickly found the gnome and got the book, and I convinced him to give me a supply of Thistledown which he had in stock. Tharag also found out the rough location of the other two herbs, which where to be found in the forest.

Tharag decided that he shouldn't go into the forest alone at night, so he went to the local inn, where he met two people who he knew from before, a paladin of Tempus named Tayla, and an elven rouge. He ended up convincing them to help him find these herbs by promising Tayla some battle inside the woods and then saying the elf could have half the reward (which there was none, but he wasn't going to know that ;) )

Together we ventured into the dark dark forest, staying well away from any orc or wolf. After a while of searching they found a druid shrine with some druids around it. After a quick talk, Tharag learnt that the second herb, Mandrake, could be found by a river to the north-east of where they where. The adventures travelled up there without any thing happening, but upon arrival they met an elven ranger, who was standing over the Mandrake. The elven rouge in our party (who I later learnt was the leader of some band of mercenries) spoke to the ranger awhile, in some elven language, which Tharag couldn't understand. The elven ranger ended up giving us the Mandrake and telling us that the Nightglow could only be found in a hill giant cave to the north.

After a quick rest, Tharag and his two companions were quickly up again and in search of the cave. Unfortunatly for them, the hill giant found them before they found the cave. Tharag managed to convince it not to eat them, and it agreed to help them in return for a favour.

It lead Tharag and them to it's cave, where it told them that it was bored and needed some entertainment, and that if they killed the orc it was holding prisoner, he would help them. Tharag, been a quick minded priest with a dislike for the elf who was travelling with him, suggested the elf play his panpipes to entertain the giant. The elf ended up been hopeless at playing the panpipes and hurt the hill giants ears. Running out of options, Tharag was just about to agree to fight the orc, when Tayla suggested they play a game. The giant liked this idea and asked Tayla to explain how it was played. It was a simple game, she said. The giant had to hide and then we'd come find him, and then it was his turn. The giant quickly ran off to hide, and so our search began for the herb.

The elf quickly found it and then they ran for our lives. Right through the forest they ran, right through a pack of wolves, while all the time they could hear the *thump thump* of the giant running behind them. About half way out of the forest, Tayla tripped and twisted her ankle. A quick healing spell took care of that and they where off again. Emerging from the forest, Tharag and the elf could no longer stand the running, and fell down upon the ground. Tayla raced off to get a gaurd to help us, and quickly returned with one. Together they crawled their way back inside the city gates, where Tharag, while trying to catch his breath, informed the gaurd that a hill giant was heading towards the city. The gaurd told his captain, who sent a squad of soldiers out to "deal with the giant".

Meanwhile, Tharag told Tayla to take the herbs back to the temple so that Illana could be cured. She reluctantly agreed to that, and left her armor with Tharag so that she could run faster.

After a short while the squad of gaurds came back victorious, with only a few lost limbs. The elf and Tharag then decided to crawl there way to see Tayla and Illana. They ended up meeting half way to the temple, where Illana told us that she was better but needed sleep. Tayla said that she also had to rest so together they went to the inn, forgetting Tayla's armor. The elf then asked for his share of the non-existant reward, and Tharag handed him over the left over the remainder of the herbs, while laughing. The elf then stormed off, saying that he had found some gold in the giants cave and was going to keep it as a reward.

Tharag then headed off to the docks, as he had promised himself that he would head off to Yartar once he had helped Illana. On the way there he remembered that he still had Tayla's armor and sat down in thought. He couldn't decdie whether he should take the armor and leave, or wait around and give it to her, as she did help a lot.

And that's where I an now. Thinking about whether to go or leave. And Tharag is only 20xp away from becoming my first character to get up to level 2.

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Nwn. Check!
    SoU. Check!
    All needed .hak files. Check!

okay :D

Now I just need to update, and then downdate to the correct version and I'm ready to go :)

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Welcome back to ALFA then!

I've got a new character just started in Daggerdales, as Tharag had an unfortunate accident just after he got up to second level, and became my very first post-level-one character.
    My new character's name is Mr Thel, any more information on him can be found out by meeting him, possibably :p

4. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Kaali lives!

*cries for joy*

I need to make new friends... Then I'll start trying to make a name for myself ^_^

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Welcome back Frosty :D

Rotku - try more running ;)

I'm taking a break from ALFA. Playing HotU instead. It'll be implemented in ALFA in about march i hear. Not certain though. But it most surely will be.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I saw Kaali the other day in game...Always good to see a familiar face! Welcome back!

Now we just need to get BTA and Mathetais back into it!

7. Gothmog

I wasnt up for the last 3 days... and i dont expect to be for some while still.
    I have lots of exams (Its already past end of this semester dammit! :flame: )
    Plus i'm trying out HotU :grin: (no spilers)

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Pretty boring round the dales, but I fancy staying around rather then travelling to a new server. Heard tell of Gnolls... a gnoll invasion? Ooo, sounds like a good place to put my ol' ranger skills to the task.

::cries for joy::

I finally got enough gold to buy the magical RANGER ARMOUR! yeah! Unfortunately, I am now broke. No chance of spawning some zombies on me again Bel? But this time with plenty of gold on them? :D

I have a ton of new friends to make though, the few people I've seen online who I can remember are Sulak and Arien. Glad to see those two are still around.

9. Gothmog

I'll get back to ALFA in monday probably - also making it to the Springs meeting. And coming to DD to meet Zarjazz's and Frosty's new character, as well as meeting up with fellow (and probably the only founding one left) The Unwanted member - Sulak.
    I hear he recruited a new fella in the party... Fritz iirc.

We're also recruiting other members! See Himo or Sulak if youre interested! :thumb:
    details IC of course. Actualy it has no other limitations than to be accepted by all other Unwanted members :)

10. Rotku

My latest character had an unfortunate run in with some wolves :(
    Critical hit = instant death

Now I'm trying to work out what type of character I should try next, and where abouts I should go...

11. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

:D Himo... I'm interesting in joining a faction or group of some kind, it'd be a good way to get to known new people and travel around. I'm in the same time zone as you I guess, and Sulak is nearly always on when I am.

I'm about to hit level 3, but I haven't done any exp gaining runs in some time. So I'll cling to level 2 for a while yet. There's usually only about 4 people online, then I log off, and forget to come back :( Some motivation would be great.

Anyway, a level 2 Ranger/Cleric of Corellon, I finally managed to buy the expensive magical ranger armour +1 :D go me! *is now broke*

12. Gothmog

Thats cool!

Be around in monday and tuesday. I'm sure we'll met then, couse Himo and Sulak will be looking for my lost stuff. :)

Edit: Sulak most likely wont be around :( . Bad, bad job.

[ December 14, 2003, 09:41: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Your gear is ready...You just need to come and claim it

14. Rotku

Rotku fell down to the level of an ADM, tonight. So he is now a ADM of the Pirate Ilse, which he recomend everyone here coming to as soon as possible!

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Fell down? That's a promotion! Pirate Isles is still in Beta, right? I might check it out, if I have the time.

16. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Hmm, when (hopefully not for a long time) Kalli kicks the bucket, I'm thinking of trying another server. :D

For some reason I tried to travel to the desert with some friends, but my internet wasn't being agreeable. Server switch doesn't like me. Bel, you're stuck with a weird elven lass for a while longer at least ;)

I'll got onto ALFA later, and see of Gothmogs there :D

17. Gothmog

[​IMG] Hehe, Himo just killed his first two orcs :grin:

At level 3 already. Two orc grunts firing their arrows quite skillfuly (+5 to attack), but they were no match for Himo. He didnt even get hurt at all :)

18. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Harente has already fought orc and survived, and he is level 1. Me and two companions cleared out that area easily enough, none of us got hit. So far Herente has met two good companions and two good guides. One is Arctos BearBrother. And he is a good man, we did a kobold cave with him, and he showed us around the Dale. The other one was Glorfindel(sp?) an elven fighter/cleric. He helped me with my first static quest.

On another note I am a powergamer. :-( Already almost half way to level two and I just started that character. Just to let you thick golf out there know I wasn't actually powergamer, me and my companion are trying to gather up some gold. Glorfindel said he had a short sword to sell me, so I need to get the lotta gold required to buy that. Ah well, a mercenary is always in need of gold right?

19. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

These orcs that Gothmog means, they are NC orcs. Nasty buggers if ever there were.

Insanely fun over the last few days, Himo and Kaali have taken a field trip to NC, and what is the first thing that happens once we arrive. We're ported over to help a group of high levels with a DM quest.

Eventually, I find my level 2 ranger/cleric leading the whole party, as we track some cart tracks into the graveyard.

the final battle... guess whos the first and only to fall, yours truely. I'll add a better account later.

I've found were all the old DD people I used to know are hiding, Yuki and Voran.

Anyway, Himo and me are returning to DD on monday, Druid meeting that I'm going to with Himo.

As much as I love DD, NC is growing on me...

20. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Northern Cormyr and Arabel City are a lot of fun :) It's been a long time since I've been, so I might head down there on my way back to the swamp.

Yeah, the Orcs of Cormyr are a bit tougher than your run-of-the-mill orc. Of course, Grunts are just the garden variety in Cormyr. Bravehearts and Champions on the other hand....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.