1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Rotku, rotku... you need to learn to survive !

I think i'm experienced enough by now not to just kill a char even the same day i make him :)

Himo is currently dead though :cry: But he WILL live!! he must!

If you manage to die on the same day you created the char/next day, you have quite a lot to learn. Smart-playing that is. And ALFA requires a lot if it.
    1: Constant vigilance
    2: Always when you intend to kill a monster that you do not have to, ask yourself - is that baddie (x xp and some loot) worth of getting myself killed ??
    3: Have luck. Lots of luck. Like Himo (he survived two direwolves twice ;) ). Unfortunately Beshaba smiled on him, becouse he's dead now... still.

BTW... lemme tell how he died.. He met a farmer who asked him to kill the Kobolds behind his farm. Himo's a good fella so he went there and did it. Came back, but the farmer said there are some left. He went back and started down some tunnel. On the end of it were 3 goblin thugs and 2 crossbowmen. He had 24hp and 22AC. He managed to kill three thugs, but another one came at him.
    Here i broke one of my survival rules... i didnt run eventhough i was already down to injured. I thought... if i could get three thugs i can get this one too and those crossbowmen are easy anyway. Beeep! Wrong
    In the next round he got shot and hit. 5 and 3 damage.. Getting me down to something like 6hp. Too late i tried to run away... another hit by a crossbow for 8 points :( Boom! dead!

The most unlucky part it that the kobos needed to roll natural 20 to hit me!
    That means they had 5% to hit me twice! and yet they did... extrodinarily unlucky. But if i followed Himo's experiences (=run!), i'd still live.
    For the third shot my dex AC got negated becouse i was running away... had 18 then... but the kobo still neede to roll 16 to hit. Of course he did :cry:

He'll probably get rezzed today :grin:

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I read on someone's signature line on the ALFA board one of the truest pearls of wisdom regarding 1st level:

"Any time you draw steel may be your last."

3. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ah! Bel. you have a good eye on what happens in ALFA. :( Could you Pm me stuff from the last 2 months. Just a simple news real. I'll try get online. But I cam't promise.

I heard Falling Leaf died. Kaali's still in the player vault, I know that.

Damnit, shes 4 months old, and hasn't been active for over half of that.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Just log on Frosty, it's not hard to get rumors.

And Gothmog, I made Ereb about a month back, that you very much :p

5. Gothmog

[​IMG] @Rotku
    Just as Frosty said... made a long time ago, but being inactive for half that time.

I think i'm getting rezzed in 30 minutes or so... I'll update this once i get. i WILL get. Must.

BTW... you should all try some traveling. Across the servers i mean, not just in DD. Its not nearly as dangerous as you might have heard. Himo went from DD(Daggerdale) to Arabel and Northern Cormyr (two servers but tightly connected), and from Arabel to Shadowdale.
    On the way i have encountered a hungry wolf(hp17) and a goblin warrior(lvl1 or 2). On the way to Arabel. Another time when i went again from Arabel to DD i met three hungry wolves.

The thing is that i must not kill them(i'm a druid after all). But they chased me all the same :( Used animal emphaty on one... he engaged in combat with the other two. Then i came to the next area, with the charmed one with me. The other two did not follow us. I released my wolf... and he attacked me :heh: . So i charmed him again and ordered him to stay where he is. And just before another AT i let him go.
    Day is saved :)

You can also make a lot of money out of traveling. In arabel i found a mace and a short sword - both with extra damage. Like d6+1 bludgeoning and d6+1 piercing. In the shops you can buy these for nearly 700gp!
    So now i'm selling for about 400gp. Himo likes gold btw ;)

EDIT: I LIVE!!!
    Gold and fame and gold! I'm alive :grin: :grin:
    *does a happy dance*

[ November 21, 2003, 00:41: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Thats just the problem. I can't log on. My PC is cacked.

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] What is "cacked?" That's a new one for me...

8. Gothmog

hmm... did you save your char on your local disc?
    or at least do you remember what xp&money did you have? and any important items too of course.

Then you could just ask Mem (got to be HDM) to purge your character vault. Then you create the same char with the same name.
    DM gives you back your money, xp and any important items that you might have.
    You even keep your journal logs if you make them. :)

9. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

cacked. excuse my homemade English there Bel.

It's buggered.

Anyway, I can access the player vault from a friends PC, but he doesn't have the .haks, so I can't actually play. So I know that my player vault has been cleaned out, but Kaali's still there last time I looked.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, Hallen's dead again and I've told them not to bring him back.

Got killed at the undead battle around Teshmere... Just bad luck as usual.

Maneuverability at the gates of Teshmere was just too bad. Took level drain from some undead, then a Flesh Golem ported in and headed straight for me. I tried to run, but in the tight quarters I accidentally hit the AT and the golem followed me through. Took one hit immediately on the other side (+11 to hit with those guys; pretty much guaranteed to hit me) for 15 damage, and because of the level drain I had almost nothing left. Tried to keep running, but the golem caught me with an AOO, and I went straight to the fugue.

Hallen was pretty much the only reason I continued to play in ALFA, even as rarely as I did, so I doubt I'll be going back now that he's gone.

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hallen's dead?!?!? That totally sucks!!! Dude, you gotta come back! We'll miss you!

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Waterdeep is soo different to Dagger Dale. It's much less combat orientated and more RPing involved. It seems like just what I need. That way I don't get killed so often :D

The bigger player:DM ratio is great as well. But Tharag is soon planning to travel to Silverymoon, by ship.

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

If you travel there Friday or later, it will get you through Yartar. We currently have a 4:0 DM:player ratio, but we hope that will change once were Live on Friday :D .

But seriously, drop by if you have the time for it; it's a great place, and I'm not just saying that because I DM there ;) .

14. Rotku

It's not open yet? Then why is the boat place selling tickets to it? Strange :rolleyes:

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I enjoy reading these threads to remind me of how lucky I am to have my own pen and paper group :1eye:

No seriously, online NWN is getting pretty good actually, although I prefer servers that inspire and not require roleplaying.

16. Rotku

Tharag has started to explore the world! He's traveled over to Silverymoon, by boat. I've been there about a week now, and it's fun! They've even got a church of Cyric there, which Tharag is happy about. Next I'm off to Yartar, I think, before heading back home to Waterdeep, and then hopefully of to Buldar's Gate :D

Has anyone been to Yartar before? What can you tell me about it? I couldn't find much information on the ALFA forums, but from what I have found it seems to be a brand new, bug filled server. Oh, and is it possible to have more than one character, I mean, could I keep Tharag alive but at the same time play another character somewhere else?

17. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] No, only one live character in ALFA at a time. Arwen, a former SP regular, is the mistress and HDM of Yartar. She's pretty cool, so if you go in, tell we said "Howdy!" Or "hi" ...Whichever you prefer.

18. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Anything you wish to know (there is also some information in the Player Manual, and I hope the Yartar website goes up pretty soon). The city of Yartar is basically one of the most visited trading cities of the north, and probably one of the biggest cities in the Savage Frontier. Wealthy merchants visit Yartar, and a lot of other people stop there, on their way to Silverymoon or Waterdeep.

But there is more of course. In the south of the server, there is my jewel, called Beliard. It isn't exactly finished yet, but I'm working hard on it. It used to be inhabited by dwarves, but now humans moved in (there are however still a lot of dwarves walking around). Near Beliard is the Stone Bridge, one, if not the oldest dwarven engineering master pieces in the realms. Also, near Beliard are the ruins of the Halls of the Hunting Axe, a dwarven citadel many years ago, but now abandonned (and haunted :evil: )

The Yartar server is filled with wilderness areas, like you should expect from the Savage Frontier. It is filled with dangerous beasts, who either plan to destroy the human civilisation by brute force, or by well thought of plans.

Besides that, there are two small towns where Waterdhavian stay, when they are on hunting trips, and of course Calling Horns, the place where men and dwarves defeated a large troll army.

We have recently gone Live, and there are probably a few bugs, but I guess there are in every server, even those who have been Live for much longer. We went Live, with more material and things built than the average server that went Live, but we're still trying to make Yartar the best place in ALFA.

Arwen has done a great job making a magnificent server, and with Capt. Tripps and me (and Xen Master of course) on her site, there is guaranteed fun for everybody who drops by.

/plug

19. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

I'm reinstalling NWN! I'll be back!

Anyway, Kaali will return... eventually

The return of that chaotic good, elven Ranger/ Cleric of Corellon Larethian! (sp?) Level 2! I will hit level 3... eventually...

:D

20. Gothmog

Haha!

Himo took part in a big Northern Cormyr quest :D
    Retrieving some items for Shifty from the Kobold cave. Found out there were orcs taking over kobold deepercaves. Himo stepped on some traps, got bitten by a wolf once but Yuki was always around so it was no biggie.
    That is until we met the dragon !
    The cool thing is that Slice(DM - disnt get his name for slicing up players ;) ) emulated the wind from the dragon wigs with Gust of Wind spell.
    It was awsome... a roaring beast above you and you trying to stand on your feet, all the while shivering in fear.
    Too bad the DC was only 16. Con save. But when the Dragon landed on us (ON us :) ) we all ran away immediately - fear DC 32!!! Next to impossible to save, and only possesing high-level character.
    Himo finaly fulfilled his long-time wish... to see a dragon. Eventhough it was all black and evil :( .
    Next week we're gonna slice it up :p

It had it all... Fun, fame, gold and xp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.