1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Today I decided to go for a walk, explore a little, so I went down to White Chalk or something like that. Once I'd explored through the town Arcanra decided to take a look out the other side. There he found two dwarves talking about hunting lizard men.
    They quickly invited Arcanra to join with them and we left off. I came near death a few times, although luckly one of them was a Cleirc.
    We killed all the Lizard thingys we could find and decided to go and hunt some Kobals.
    The two dwarves suggested that I should go infront to get some xp so I did.
    That went well until we came across this corner.
    Arcanra walks around it with his Helberd in hand, and with his fimilar at his side. There he saw five kobals and charged ahead. While killing the first one, another shot me with an arrow. That was fine. He continued killing that one and went on to the next (now on 2 hp).
    I hit the next kobal before been hit by another two arrows and that kobals weapon (what ever it was) which slew me instantly.
    So ended my 5th character :(
    Now Rotku has a Cleric called Alino Liac. Hopefully he will survive longer...

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm, a cleric casting barkskin and having a traveling bear named Rug. That, my friend, was the infamous doo-da (druid) Cromasis Thundermount.

And I feel terrible. That is the worst corner of the kobald cave. I figured you would back off when you saw the numbers...my mistake for not telling you. Darn slow fingers.

I'm new at this "high-level" stuff. Ask Bel, normally I'm the lvl 1 or lvl 2 guy getting killed in the cross-fire.

You left out a few parts though.

Like when we came around the back of the kobald cave and ran into 3-5 werewolves. If not for call lightning and Babras we all would have been dead.

Next time I'll do a better job watchin out for ya!

3. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have so many dead characters I need my player vault cleaned out.

RIP Azure. She was great.

Did you know...

Azure tried out Ariens wedding dress? I know exactly what it looks like. :) Its lovely

Bring on Thistler Mystal - Custom armour, thanks Bel. And a more upbeat attitude then old Azure.

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Orbrin is lying on the bed of his rented room, looking up to the ceiling. He is thinking about the events that occurred today. His eyes drift away from the ceiling towards his shattered axe in the corner of the room. He sighs as he stands up. He walks towards the window and sees the raindrop on the glass; it is pouring outside. Suddenly Orbrin sees his own reflection. He looks deep into his own eyes and remains standing motionless for a moment, after which he walks towards the small desk and grabs his journal. He flips through the pages which are already filled, until he reaches an empty page. Orbrin puts his pen in the ink and writes the date on the top of the page. He looks out of the window again for a second after which puts his pen on the paper.

“Today began quietly. I went fer a walk outside of town, after which I went to the market. On me way to the market, I saw Cob, a man I met before. Cob is a simplistic man, not as bright as others. He was with an elf; he didn’t seem very nice to me, like he was pushin’ Cob around. He told Cob to hurry. Cob didn’t seem to see me, but I took no notice of it. The market wasn’t crowded fer that time of the day. After I returned from the market, I saw Cob again; he was still with the elf. Again the elf seemed to command Cob, like Cob was going with the elf, against his will. I greeted Cob this time, he seemed like he be wanting to talk to me, but the elf told him to hurry, as if he was forbiddin’ Cob to talk with me. Again, I left it fer what it was. After a moment a young lass passed me by. I actually already saw her at the market, and she seemed to be new to town. She was to do some tasks fer Lord Morn, and she asked me fer assistance. I agreed and just before we were about to leave, I saw the elf again, Cob was still with him. I asked if I could have a word with Cob. Cob greeted me and he seemed to be willing to talk with me. “Hurry Cob! Walk faster.” the elf said as he grabbed Cob by the arm to pull him with him. Cob yelled to me that I was a bad man. The elf must have been filling Cob's head with lies. Cob seemed scared of me all of a sudden, and I didn’t want to frighten Cob more, so I decided not to follow.

I went with the lass called Thistler. Lord Morn asked her to investigate some strange activities, near the place where Kessla collects his berries, for his wine. Near the berry bushes was a bear, but I was a bit hesitant to kill it. We were standing on top of a small hill; the bear stood peacefully not hurting anyone. It didn't feel right to just throw me ax at it and kill it in cold blood. I walked down and yelled at the bear to scare it away. Instead of walking away, the bear attacked me. I grabbed me ax and swung it at the bear. When the bear went down, me ax broke into two pieces. Thistler said we should report it to Lord Morn and we went back to the city.

We arrived at the River Gate, where Cob be sitting on the ground, he seemed emotionally hurt. The elf be standing with him, as well as Gantor, a man who I met before. The elf said that he found Cob runnin’ around in the streets and that he followed him here. I knew he was lyin’, fer I had seem them together. I said to Thistler that she should continue to see Lord Morn, to claim her reward.

Cob seemed to be under some sort of spell, the elf denied that he put it on Cob, and the elf said that he followed Cob after he came out of the bordello dressed in his underwear.
    I said: “Ye took Cob to the bordello.”
    The elf denied, I knew he was lyin’.
    “He was walkin’ with ye all the time,” I said, “ye must have led him there!”
    The elf denied again, and I was gettin’ pissed of.
    The elf said: “You are telling lies dwarf.”
    Gantor turned to me and asked: “You sure of this master dwarf?”
    “Aye lad, by me beard!” I said.
    Gantor looked at me with some suspicion and he asked me which clan I was off. “The Brightaxe clan” I said with a proud voice. Again the elf claimed I was full off lies.
    I tried to calm down for a moment and said in a softer voice: “Cob, what happened exactly?”
    Gantor stepped between us and said: “Why should he… these two people seem to have the exact same story, even though they have first met now.”
    I heard the suspicion in Gantor’s voice, he must have thought that somethin’ wasn’t right. I got the feelin’ that Gantor mistrusted the elf too. Cob was lookin’ from me to the elf at that time, he was nervous, he said he was sad.
    I said to Cob: “He has been commandin’ ye, usin’ ye. Why else wouldn’t he let me talk to ye?”
    The elf quickly looked at me and said: “Typically for a dwarf to say that to an elf, trying to spread evil lies about the elfs.”
    “I come from the Silver Marches, I don’t judge by race!” I said with a raised voice, almost shoutin’.
    “Another lie!” the elf said.
    Now he was tellin’ me that I didn’t know where I came from? The elf got me more pissed off every second.
    Gantor stepped between us and said to Cob: “Are you scared of this man” as he pointed to the elf.
    “Nooo” said Cob with an uncertain voice.
    “You see!” said the elf.
    “Than what are you afraid of,” said Gantor with a gentle voice, “you can tell us, you are safe now.”
    “Cob scared of him a bit too” said Cob while he pointed at me.
    “Cob, was this man pushin’ ye around?” I asked him.
    “Don’t you see you are scaring Cob here, with your shouting! You evil dwarf!” said the elf to me.
    “In the name of all that is holy, I will not leave Cob with someone I don’t trust!” I said to the elf.
    “But does Cob trust you!?” the elf replied.
    “Cob not sure, Cob all confused now… Pointy friend, but, but… him take Cob to clown place. And tell Cob sad things.” said Cob.
    “If you two can’t stop the quarrelling leave both of you” said Gantor to me and the elf.
    “Clownlady tried to take off Cobs clothes… Cob got scared” Cob said.
    “Let’s stop the clownlady,” said Gantor, “then you be hero.”
    “NO!,” said Cob, “Cob no want to be hero! That’s what pointy said too.” Cob pointed at the elf.
    “If ye go to the clownlady, the elf be stayin’ with me.” I said.
    “Don’t command me!” said the elf, spittin’ out the words.
    Cob said: “Cob be hero, so Cob go do what heroes do said pointy.”
    Gantor turned to the elf and said: “You are not telling me everything elf, please do so know, or this will be an assignment for the guards.”
    Gantor excused himself for a moment, and went to talk to Tania, who was sittin’ nearby.

“You are my friend Cob” said the elf.
    “Cob all scared... and naked… and it your fault.” said Cob.
    This was all the prove I needed that the elf didn’t have good intentions with Cob. To protect Cob, I said: “Elf, take a step back!”
    “Watch it dwarf!,” the elf said, “stay out of this.”
    “I want to see you near that store, in three seconds!” I said.
    “Can you even count to three?” said the elf with a slight grin on his face.
    “Is that an insult lad?” I said.
    My hand now slowly went towards my ax, but I realised that it was useless now it was broken. I wonder what would have happened today, if me ax was intact, and I pulled it out to intimidate him.
    “Do you think that’s an insult?” the elf replied.
    “Now everybody mad, and it be Cobs fault.”
    “It is not your fault Cob,” said the elf, “now see what you did dwarf!”
    I was perplexed about what the elf said, he was tellin’ me that I was a bad influence on Cob?
    “We’ll both walk away, so neither of us can influence Cob anymore.” I said.
    It seemed like the best option at that time, but as I wanted to take a step backwards, Cob said: “Mr. Orbrinmansir? Cob sorry not saying hello last time. Cob confused. Cob think you maybe bad man, but not sure… you forgive Cob?”
    “Of course I forgive ye.” I said.

Gantor now returned with Tania and told Cob that there were now evil women in the bordello. I told them the elf wasn’t comin’ with us.
    “Stop you’re quarrelling men,” said Gantor, “if you are both his friends, than you should be friends as well.”
    “The elf insulted me to me face!” I said.
    “And you insulted the elf” Gantor said.
    “I did no such thing!” I replied.
    “Yes you did!” said the elf.
    Luckily Thistler had returned by now, and she was able to get us out of, what might have been a fight.
    “What is going on, Orbrin?” she asked to.
    The elf looked at me with fire in his eyes. “I’m warning you dwarf!” said the elf.
    ‘For what?’ I thought to meself, “I didn’t do anything” I said. The elf was now tryin’ to hide his grin.
    As Tania was about to show Cob to the bordello, to prove that he shouldn’t be scared of evil women, I said to the elf: “Can I have a word with ye please?” With some doubt the elf went with me.

“Let’s set aside our differences and do what’s in Cob’s best interest. I will leave now, but if ye hurt Cob, ye’ll have an ax with me name written on it, in yer back.” I said.
    “You watch your back dwarf, you’ll never know what hides in the shadows.” said the elf.
    The elf walked away, and I turned around to walk the other way. I walked towards Thistler, and said: “I don’t trust that elf.” Thistler promised me she would keep an eye out for him. We said goodbye and I went back into the city, back to the inn were I could get some sleep.

I hate writing conversations. I hope it is understandable, and I hope the dwarven slang isn’t to hard to read. It is getting easier to write now, but I’m still not consisted enough. I’m actually also using that dwarven slang to hide grammar errors. ;)

I think I made an enemy yesterday. It is my duty as a paladin to defend the defenceless, and help those in need, and I think Cob is in need. It is also my duty to punish those that harm or threaten innocents, something that I never even considered before yesterday. The elf is named Leos Lient, by the way, but I didn’t put that in the journal, because Orbrin doesn’t know that. Now that I think of it, I doubt anybody keeps a journal as detailed like this, with whole conversations in it.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ah yes, I forgot about the Warewolves. Are they really that strong?
    And once again, don't worry about not telling me, my character was stupid to have wanted to charge in there with out looking around first...

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Hmm hoo. Kaali found some dire bear...s.

More then one. I have to go out there to keep an eye on them, when an elves in need, she truns to corpse looting. Those dire bears might give me the corpses I need.

I swear, I should be CE rather then CG. :p

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] hehe, that really is waaay more CE than CG ;)

You see there's one problem... Bears will attack you too :rolleyes: :lol:

Happy running :thumb:

8. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Animal empathy :D

Hi everyone meet my new friend :p

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Some 4th or 5th level cleric tried to hit the Dagger Hills goblin caves solo last night...I possessed the shaman and gave her an interesting fight...The last time I saw her, she was near death, huddled in the corner of the Teshford Arms conference room. Muwahaaahaaahaaahaaa!!!!

Beware shamans that actuallt cast their spells! Teehee!

10. Gothmog

[​IMG] hehehe , beware Bel's on a rampage :p

I fought a really tough shaman too once... i guess thats why it was so tough.
    And another time i was hunting there with Roshnak... DM (Thingray) spawned 2 goblin archers and goblin elite. Archers were dead in two rounds... Elite chased me around a bit (i missed with 21 :eek: ) but then i rolled 20. And when determining critical hits another 20 :eek:
    Biiiig luck.

Keep buzzing daggerhills hunters :thumb:
    Just dont kill them if you can help it ;)

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I've been struggling with making up cool adventures for people...I guess I'm having creative brainlock.

I do enjoy possessing various static NPC's and monster spawns to interact with players...That's how most of my DM type quests come about...From talking to the players.

12. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

*scowls at Bel*

I hate goblins now.

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Teehee - Just make sure you plan tactics when you are in the spawn hideouts! Because if I'm on...I WILL drop in...

14. Gothmog

[​IMG] For anyone who have updated on 1.32 yet and cant play here is a revert patch. :)

Seems bioware updated and changed the looks of patches/support. For the better imo.

15. Mesmero

Early this morning, there was a man waiting for Orbrin Brightaxe outside the inn in which he was staying. It was a messenger, who told Orbrin that he had an urgent message from Dorgal Brightaxe. The messenger gave Orbrin a note and left. Orbrin unfolded the letter, which was written in the Dwarvven language. Orbrin slowly read the note. The letter was from Orbrin's cousin. He wrote to Orbrin that he didn't have long to live, and the shrine which he took care of didn't have a new caretaker yet. He asked Orbrin if he would be his successor. Orbrin was honoured by this request and immediately left Daggerdale behind to head towards the Savage Frontier.

Orbrin soon arrived in Beliard, where his cousin was waiting. Dorgal died a few days afterwards, leaving the shrine to Orbrin. Orbrin sees this as a new challenge to fight for the good cause in Moradin's name.

As the visitors of the ALFA forums might already have read, I've stepped out of the light and became a member of the dark side. I have become an ADM on Yartar, so I guess I won't be seeing you around on Daggerdale.

I’m taking Orbrin with me, for he is a very good character to play, and don’t want to leave him behind. I think this is a valid reason to bring him to Yartar, and this way, I hope to keep him involved.

Arwen gave me a tour yesterday and it looks great. This might not be the nicest thing to say, but Yartar looks like a pearl, compared to the stone that is Daggerdale. Daggerdale was probably made to be efficient; Yartar was made to be the best of the best of the best. I can’t compare it with other servers, for I haven’t played on many, but I’m sure Yartar has a lot to offer the players who like a good looking environment and NPC interaction (you can even make a goblin dance if you pay the owner a few gold pieces ;) ) Arwen has done a great job making everything in detail, and I feel like I will fit right in, as a perfectionist myself.

I hope that maybe a few of the SPers will visit Yartar some day.

16. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] You know we have to get Xenmaster to join SP now. My ALFA name is Seebo Mesmero :)

17. Mesmero

I actually already knew you are Seebo.

If we get Xenmaster to join, we'll probably also need to get Arwen back to SP.

And what about Erran. I haven't seen him around here recently.

18. Gothmog

I play a monk now. Gothmog Nefzvros.
    He's mad and thus will not live long.

Next char will be a halfling druid. Amazingly he will not have a bear or a dire wolf for a companion ;) Also there are no hin druids afaik.
    He'll be a smart guy and quite agile. Loves to hide and startle people with sudden appearances. Thus his companion will be very much like him. Panther :) Both sneaking around :cool:
    Havent chosen a name yet though.
    Ah, he'll use a sickle and an oaken shield combined with hide armor. Likes to throw darts :)

19. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Bad News

Well anyone who knew her of followed her storey Earania is dead :( and she never did find Tojan.

Good News

Talmad's offer of Tee-shirt goodness was too much for me to refuse I plan to acept his offer to ADM on Baldurs Gate. The lag issue is so much better now the guards killing bandits loot problem has been sorted.

/me cheers

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, Cromasis Thunder-Mount hit two major goals last night.

First, he was officially inducted into the Ironstar Clan.

Secondly, he reached 6th level.

Joining the Ironstars was a tough battle for old Crom. As a follower of Silvanus he felt at odds with many of his dwarven cousins, but he did feel the tug of clan and kin. As an animal master, he saw a need for his services in the Ironstar Halls, and therefore began working towards entrance into the clan. It took nearly a year (game time) before he was finally invited and sworn into the clan. Last night he found himself in the bowels of the Ironstar Hall, kneeling before the anvil of Moradin. The Soul Forger himself was to test his soul to deem his worthiness into the clan.

Surrounded by allies, he stepped to the anvil, voice shaking and palms sweating. He had long sought solace from Silvanus, and knew in his soul that the Oak-Father understood his devotion to Moradin and the dwarven gods, and was content as long as Silvanus was first in his heart. Lifting his voice, he spoke the words that flowed from his heart:

Praise be to Moradin my Rock
    Who trains my hands for war
    my fingers for battle
    He is my loving God and my fortress
    my stronghold and deliverer
    my shield in whom I take refuge
    who subdues peoples under me, my clan and my kin
    Ol Moradin, accept me as your servant
    lift my arms for your work
    train me to rally even the heart of nature to your cause
    Send forth lighting and scatter your enemies
    Reach down your hand from on high
    and deliver your clan from the mighty waters,
    from the hands of drow and Zhent
    Then our sons in their youth will be like well nurtured plants
    and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace
    Our halls will be filled
    Blessed are the people of whom this is true
    Blessed are the people to whom Moradin is their God

Finishing this prayer, a dim light and dull thud sounded through the hall. People look confused at first as the previous candidate had been welcomed by a clear, distinctive flash of light. Forcing a confident expression Cromasis marched to the high priest and waited to hear the decision. "You should a been a priest lad ... but Moradin welcomes you to the clan!"

Having obtained this goal, Cromasis now is beginning to prepare for a long trip. The details cannot be shared right now, but he will be gone from the dale for many months.... be at peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.