1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well done, your aplication has been accepted!
    Finally! After months of me sitting at the computer telling my self that I should register someday, I got around to it last night.
    I've downloaded all the 2.0 hak thingys and brought SoU and now I just need to get the 2.1 hak thingys.
    So by the end of the weekend you'll be seeing a new face around Daggerdale :D

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Cool! :)

Post your char please so we will know you when we see you. There's a topic for that here.

We're becoming quite a number, we SPers :D

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

That's so fun!
    I entered Daggerdale for the first time today, and guess who was there waiting for me? A friendly Half-orc who showed me around.
    Unluckily I had to go to a D&D session, so I was only there for about 20 minutes, but I will be back, have no fare.
    Thanks Gothmog!

4. Gothmog

Heh, i just thought of a thing about my monk... I dont have a deity selected for him. Not that its necessary but he's a guy to have one.

So i'm thinking.... What deity is suitable for a monk?
    :confused:

Sure Illmater comes to mind, but my guy isnt made of any goody, sacrifical stuff. :)

5. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Velsharoon :) Like my cleric, give the people who ask for a bit of healing a shock when they see their flesh rot n die in front of their eyes and their minds fill with images of undeath whislt I heal their wounds.

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Whats the name of your char, Mr Writer?

Anyway, RIP Analia. Bring on... Cyantia! perhaps she'll be my first char to hit level 3!

Gah. I'm sorry Bel, but she doesn't like Rem right now :( . He dismissed Kyla, her little familier, I was at River Gate, And she was playing with Nuri and Little'Un, and they were playing tag, and Rem suddenly comes out through the gates and uses some magics to dismiss them! Mystras magics shouldn't be used to dismiss her own servants!

Took it better then Archibald, poor Archi, took Nuris sudden departure... badly, to say the least

7. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

Thraldur Sel'fer

Causes quite a stir where ever he treads as tonight seems to have proved, near war on the door step of dagger falls (well almost :p ) and a lynch mob after him, then huge skeleten guardians (Well played Bel group of 4 lowish level and you drop some uber undead on us :D ) then a vampire in the sewers of Dagger Falls.

Things can only get better :D

BTW Sir Bel, is it possible to add an item into the game, for my Char, nothing to fancy like.

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] @Frostbite: Sorry about the dismissal, but it is well known that Rem does not tolerate familiars or animal companions within the city or city limits (aka: the Gates) First warning is a dismissal, next it will be a fine.

@Mr Writer: If you have something, just e-mail me the erf file, and I will get it to you. Send it to [snip]. You may have to perform some minor task for it... ;)

As for the skeleton centaurs...Sorry about that, I never used them before. They were only a CR rating of 1...I didnt think they'd be that badass! I hope you had a good time at least...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  9. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

hehe I've seen some of your little tasks :D I'll knock it up tonight and send it to you.

Aye thought it was a bit extream, I half expected something to be waiting for us but not Forest guardians that kill everything in a few seconds flat :p

Had fun espcially with the vampire stuff.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yeah, the centaurs were a mistake...But how did you like Tethyanmarside? I wanted to get a "Night of the Living Dead" feel to it!

11. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

Hehe I liked it, although quite mean of you sending skeletons right onto me while im in the middle of a long sentance :p didnt notice them till they had hit me.

Looked really good with shambling zombies comeing out of every crack in the city.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Yesterday was action packed for me. This is the first adventure I had, two other stories to tell also!
    ---------------
    Cromasis was late. He had received a gruff invitation to the Ironstar Halls and was supposed to be meeting a group of his kin at Mark's cottage. His short legs walked as quickly as they could to get there on time, but looking at the sun he knew he was late.

Arriving at the cottage, he found Dain and Dralin engaged in a heated conversation with a sinister looking woman who was parked in one of the cottages worn chairs. "No harm intended, just insulting you" Dain was saying as Cromasis opened the door.

"We're insulting folk and I missed it? Damn!" Cromasis muttered as he took in the scene. Arien Ironstar was standing there accompanied by the elf druid Alendir. Bital and Bunar the two lovely dwarf lasses stood ready. A tall human mage named Aaron also stood, magic crackling around his staff.

Suddenly Dain took out his axe and shouted, "You can sit, but not in this chair" and proceeded to chop the legs of the chair out from under the woman.

The chair crumbled, but the woman deftly sprang to her feet and walked out the door. Cromasis muttered, "So we just let her leave then?" He was answered by action as Dain, Aaron and Dralin dashed outside after her.

On the road the three were engaging the woman. Both Dain and Dralin were wounded by the time Cromasis got outside with the others, and Aaron was filling the sky with streaming flares of fire, ice and magic.

Gripping his newly purchased enchanted club in hand, Cromasis put his head down and charged. He repeatedly connected with the woman's face, chest and sides, but saw no damage done.

The woman, laughing coldly, turned to flee up the road. She turned towards the area that has been known to be plagued by bloodhawks, and was surrounded in a box canyon. We engaged her again. Nothing hurt her, magic weapons, mighty spells, missiles ... all stopped before they connected with her flesh.

Then the world started spinning. When the vertigo ended (server crash), the strange woman had slipped away. No tracks were found, nor any other sign of her passage.

"Why would she lead us away?" Bunar asked.

"The cottage!" Dralin and Aaron shouted near on top of each other. We sprinted to the cottage, but found it empty.

We stood there stumped, trying to figure out what had happened. The only conclusion we could draw was that the Ironstar Hall was in danger. Mentally preparing ourselves, we began the long march through the Dagger Hills towards the hall.

The trip was uneventful, though a few got lost along the way and a more ordered trek might be wise next time.

As we reached the Hall's entrance Cromasis heard Aaron whisper, "Stop ... its a giant."

Creeping close enough to see for himself, Cromasis saw a tall fire giant holding a blazing sword, standing on top of the mountain and watching the hall's entrance.

We retreated to the foot of the mountain to develop a plan. After much debate we decided to send Dain and Aaron closer, to investigate whether the giant was alone or not. Then Aaron would cast invisibility on Dain, so that Dain could sneak into the Hall, make sure nothing was wrong inside, and hopefully summon the guards to help fight off the giant.

We waited, praying for their safety. We heard a couple whistles, signals between Dain and Aaron, then suddenly Aaron stared shouting for help.

I lead the charge around the mountain, hoping to get there fast enough. About half way around Aaron yelled again, "Stop where you are, Dain is dead and the giant is close."

I still don't know how Dain died, but somehow his death lured the giant away from the entrance. I found Aaron battered but alive. Praying to Silvanus, I watched his wounds close and asked him what had happened.

He didn't give much of a story, only that the entrance was cleared and now was our chance to get into the hall.

I offered to lead, and though no one responded I did find myself walking first. With another prayer I blended into the side of the hills, and snuck into the Hall's mouth, not seeing the giant or his corpse anywhere.

In the Hall Dralin and I searched for Dorna-Daal while Aaron and the rest walked slowly, carrying Dain's lifeless corpse.

After searching a few hours, the stress was too much for this poor dwarf's heart, and I collapsed in a cave to sleep (dire wife summoned me).

When I revived, I found that Dain had been brought back to health, and for that I am grateful.

I'm still not an Ironstar, but I'm hoping that my valor will continue to prove itself. This clan desperately needs an animal master. A good pack of wolves trained by me to guard the entrance would have raised the hue and cry, and would have saved Dain's life.

We need to find that shale-spitting Zhent lass and show her that she messed with the wrong clan

13. Gothmog

Hehe, if Roshnak were there he'd probably just charge and get that even-bigger-than-his sword from him. Imagine if he won :eek: :eek:

Must be a magical fiery sword i suppose. Wow

That woman was the same demoness that terrorised the dales for a looooong while now? *thinks* daughter of Orcus... :confused:
    Yeah, my monk will be smart... he should know who Orcus is... Who is he?

Math... you should write more stories like these... and yeah, in Flavours of ALFA. ;)

14. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

/me kills memmeth

My best char yet, one involved in alot of plots, at least player built plots has died

No problem... well it wouldnt be if it wasnt such a great char killed by lag death :( (

Such a shame as things were so good with that Char underhand plots, atempted murder, summoning undead, finding out intresting things about powerful characters (Who would have thought a lvl 1 cleric could hold so much power of several extreamly high level chars and not those that you would expect either).

So sad and such a waste all because of a stupid RL net problem its times like these that make me want to stop playing.

Thraldur Sel'fer So much promise, so much for isps :(

*Sniff*

[ September 10, 2003, 00:12: Message edited by: Mr Writer ]

15. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Oh oh oh! But Mr Writer! Things are always brighter at the end of the tunnel. We agree on this yes?

Yesssssss. Bel. In case you didn't realise it, there were two of us in your little undead showdown. Mr writer and myself, the two who kept being mean to you behind your back.

That was my first Dm quest in ages! And I'm glad to say I loved every minute of it. We agreed we were going to fry you about it, so sorry.

1. The way you played you paly was so... infuriateing to my cleric of Mystra. it was great. Very much why my cleric despises paladins. Yes - shes a cleric, but perhaps that her goddess is slightly more into magic is why she doesn't like them too much. And btw. Gantor could have beaten you to a pulp. Why? Because Aniel and I would be joining in. Sorry. We sided with Gantor.

Over tell. Azure: Oh no! Bels backing out
    Aniel: Chants fight fight fight!
    Azure: Hell yeah!

this is only a quick post, but I know it'll be huge.

Also. I liked the DM chamber, lovely decor. All that muck up over whos dead andwhos not... Why? because the server crashed and Tania and myself were alive, but stuck in the fugue plane.

this would have been fine. But I needed a few conditions. If I did have to stay in the fugue plane. I wanted a scyth. Big, preferable black. Black robes, also, I'd need a hack pack for glowing red eyes...

heh. It was great. Even though I was the first to be dropped. By two fecking fireballs coming my way! ... and the spider. Which was rather random?

Also, Bel, thanks for porting us down to the basement. I know I died, but I would rather have been dead by the extravagent end of two fireballs, then being a loner, with all my friends dead.

Would it be possible... to have a slightly lower level DM quest? Vampires... we took about 6 out. :) I'm not too keen on undead... but all my DM quests have undead in. :(

my 2 cents. thanks for the great night.

PS. I want your sword and armor. NOW!

16. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

Rem thanks for the gear :)

Thanks for the quest although the server crash was a bugger I had stole a few items which my Char wanted to hide for a bit then sell when it had all died down. Didnt want to ask for them because despite what people say they still treat you diffrently with OOC knowledge.

Poor paladin :) Should have had a fight with gantor and let him get battered :p

Nice quest again, you like your undead dont you and whom ever it was who did the little thing in the Broken Dagger genius :D

Alfa > all

17. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

It would be nice to have a low level quest, because at level 1. Being the target of two fireballs from zhent mages wasn't fun. :)

There were aboue four of us dead and we were deciding if we could make characters that all knew each other. Then Leaf poofed into this air. Then server crash.

The Tania and I come back, and we're stuck in the fugue. :( But we weren't in the nude anymore, so that was a plus :)

18. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

After an absence of about three weeks, Orbrin Brightaxe is back on Daggerdale. I finally bought SoU last Saturday. I noticed not much has changed in Daggerdale, besides the streets of Daggerfalls being crowded. I didn't know there were actually people living in Daggerdale, besides a few adventurers and merchants ;) . All those people made my pc slow, and I thought I had a pretty good machine.

Not much happened today, I met a person who described himself as 'obviously retarded', but I thought he was more a simplistic person who wasn't very intelligent. It was a good opportunity to show the helpful side of my pallie.

I learned about the recents threats to the dale; a rift in the planes that an elven wizard opened. No doubt we'll be seeing a lot of hell spawn in the dale in the next few weeks. Besides that, I had some other camp fire conversations, which were fine and all, but I guess I wouldn't mind gaining a few levels.

Looking forward to see all the new SP ALFAns online.

:thumb:

19. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

You met me then, im the lady in white :D Aniel Fairfrost

20. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] You met my Cleric of Mystra aswell. Azures her name.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.