1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adventures on the Daggerdale ALFA Server...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sir Belisarius, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Wow!!! Last night's session on ALFA was a fantastic, if gloriously bloody end to an Assault on the Constable's Tower in Dagger Falls!

My pc (Nimbul Alewine, halfling rogue, 1st level), joined a band of hearty adventurers that dared to brave the wild magic infused Constable's Tower. We were asked by Lord Randall Morn to attempt to clear the Tower, so that he can claim it as his new residence. Apparently, a stronger party was needed...

We set off with a very large group: me (as scout)
    , a 3rd level gnome illusionist, a 4th level dwarf fighter/cleric, 2nd level dwarf fighter, a halfling fighter, elven sorcerer, elven ranger, elven rogue, a halfling fighter, and a human fighter...all 1st level.

At first, we did pretty well. Which may have been our downfall. I scouted each room before the party enter, telling the group what dangers lay ahead. We were able to clear out the entire first level, and two pocket planes, fighting tieflings, quazits, zombies and skeletons. Our successes were hard fought, but we had no major injuries or deaths.

The second level was fairly short, and we dispatched two shadow mastiffs, and descended to the third level...For many of our group, it would be the last level.

The 3rd level was a complex maze of storage rooms, and long, dark halls. I continued my scouting ahead, reporting locations of enemies, and we planned how to take them out. We came up with pretty good tactics...I would get the monsters to chase me into the main group, then we would attack en masse. We had great success killing 3 minotaurs, with relative ease.

But as our successes mounted, some of the group became haughty and over confident...As I continued to scout ahead, I spied a bugbear in the corridor, walking toward a door at the end of the hall. I reported back to the main group, whose leader was a strong dwarf cleric/warrior, by the name of Dougan.

Upon hearing the word "Bugbear," he and the other dwarf along with the gnome charged toward the door...To our doom! We were ambushed by 2 bugbears, 2 bugbear heroes, and a bugbear shaman. Their onslaught was ferocious! I was barely able to loose an arrow, when I saw Tharn, our dwarf fighter go down!

By this time, one of the bugbear heroes began attacking our main group as Dougan amd Midoc the Gnome wizard held the rest at bay. They killed the 2 regular bugbears before succumbing to the power of the bugbear hero and shaman. After seeing our vanguard fall, and the rest beginning to break and run...I slipped quietly into the shadows, to assist where I could.

By the time I caught up with the remainder of the party, only one bugbear hero followed to challenge us. We were able to kill him, but our party was decimated. All of the survivors were badly wounded, and there were few of us. Of the ten that descended to the 3rd level of the Constable's Tower, only 4 survived to tell the tale: me, Droomi (halfling fighter), and the elven rogue and elven ranger.

We were unable to bring our comrades back, because we could not carry them to the surface. Thus ended our fateful foray into the depths of the Constable's Tower.

*** Multiplayer is sooo much fun with a group of dedicated roleplayers!!! The DM also controlled the bugbears during the fight! I have to say, I've been having a blast!!! If you are a member of ALFA, and haven't made it into the game yet...You should! It is well worth it! Stop by the Dagger Tavern...Look for me, we'll stir up some fun! ;)

~Nimbul the Rogue

[ April 28, 2003, 20:31: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Sunday May 11th, 20hr gmt, Teshford arms. Be there or be square.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] WOOOWW!!!

This sound great ! Cant wait to get over with school to join the fun out there.
    Quite cool to be a rogue it seems.... While most of the others are being slain you can just hide in shadows and sneak out or help as you wish.

But still,... I'm a druid :grin:

It really is cool out there it seems.

4. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I guess I was late...What fun did I miss??

By the way, if you meet a halfling named Rem Stoneybrook...That is me. My paladin died yesterday. Front line fighters are hard to keep alive...

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was late too. By the time I checked here, it was 1am GMT... Ah well.

6. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Darksteel ;) 'Nuff said!

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Bugger...My last pc was on that quest! Now I have to get ol' Rem into the action...Shouldn't be too hard, I've been travelling with 3 dwarves lately!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.