1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Advent Children...The game?!

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Gehn, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

FF7 will always be one of my top games of all time. With the CG movie of Advent Children coming out, i hear there is also a Final Fantasy 7 game coinciding with Advent Childrens release! I have also been told that this could be one of two things:
    a) A new remake of the original FF7
    or
    b) An actual new addition to FF7 in a similar fashion to what FFX-2 was to FFX. Of course it could just be the game of the movie. Regardless, an exciting prospect!

So, any other info and/or opinions on this matter?

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

there has bin rumors of remakes of ff7,8 and 9 for ps2, but as far as i know Square-enix, has put them to rest, by stating that they wouldn't make remakes of games that could be run on the ps2. this has spawned a new rumor(which i haven't bin paying attention to) that ff7,8 and 9 will be remaked for the ps3. That's all I've heard

3. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Hmm interesting. Although, the FF game coming out with Advent Children is a fact. It's definitely happening.

4. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'd be satified with just the cg movie..FFVII is the best game ever imho.

5. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I'm kinda sad they didn't remaked ff7 and 9 for ps2. I meen look at the graphic in ff10, I would love to see ff7 with that kind of graphic.

6. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Yeah, I know what you mean, that would be a sight. But still, like Icingdeath45 said, FF7 is one of the best games ever made, and I too would be satisfied with just the movie. It actually looks really, really good too. Spirits Within had potential but that was turned into some serious SUCKAGE! This however looks awesome :p

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sometime last month Sony announced that the Ps2 would be going for another five years before they release a Ps3, so you'd have some time to wait if they intend to release the remakes on it.

8. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm really looking forward to Advent Children.

I fear some of the "magic" would be lost if they remade FF7-9, though.

9. Gehn Gems: 7/31

I agree whole heartily there. But I would think that a game based around the evnts of Advent Children would be a more likely bet anyhow. I would very much like to see that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.