1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adahn's Items?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Firestorm, May 1, 2004.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] Well, I called myself Adahn quite a few times, and I finally met 'im in the Smoldering Corpse bar. I made him give me money, a ring and a dagger. The dagger is enchanted (+1), but nothing special. I'm still holding on to these things, as they appear specil, but they're starting to annoy me. Do I need them for anything later? Or should I just sell 'em?

[ May 01, 2004, 22:20: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The adahn bit has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome. It is there simply as an amusement, and example of how belief can affect the planes. The items can be used, sold, turned into a cake(maybe not that one). It really has no bearing. :)

3. Firestorm

Alright then... I'll just go sell 'em then... But in this game, you never know... The silliest things are of the greatest importance...

4. Takara

Media:
    Like a certain odd smelling sphere perhaps? Really, you wont miss anything by selling them.

5. Firestorm

Actually, if you have Adahns dagger, you can skip the entire Curst Prison thing, with Trias. The game believes the dagger to be Celestial Fire, and therefor you can cut the chains with it... Major Bug!

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Actually, if you met Adahn, then you get another possible outcome with the Transcendent One. You don't need his items to accomplish this, though.

7. Takara

Media:
    I didn't know that. I still think the best outcome is through the bronze sphere option. But that is still another reason why the game is so great. It has so many different possibilities

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Quote/
    Actually, if you met Adahn, then you get another possible outcome with the Transcendent One. You don't need his items to accomplish this, though.
    /end Quote

I never used the Adahn name but I'm currious about the option it gives you can you tell me I don't have time right now to play the entire game again on this moment...

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Something about getting belief as an option as to what can unmake the planes or somesuch.

10. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

^ It does provide an alternative to the beginning of the Belief option to end the game (as does having unmade Vhailor) if you have low Wisdom. But since you won't have enough Wisdom, you won't actually be able to go through with it... Wis is really the only way to do that. So the Adahn thing doesn't give you an extra way to end the game.

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Cool, I did unmade Vhailor. So I guess I did read the believe part. Thanks!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.