1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Abusive DMs?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Drizzt, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Drizzt Banned

[​IMG] in teh game under vault games, couldnt the DM just create like a +10 imune to all sword, give it to his character, tehn go off and play with the ultimate weapons?

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] In different server "world" this will have to be addressed in different ways. The easist solution is to not allow DMs to have characher on the server. This is the step being taken by ALFA. No player can be a DM and no DM can run a PC. Besides this step all you can do is play with people you trust.

3. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] That kind of dirty trick is strictly forbidden. In ALFA you cannot be a DM and a player. If you are caught you are expelled. Also, if a DM gives a powerful item to a friend, that's showing favouritism and results in expulsion. They are going to great lengths to keep it clean and level.

4. Drizzt Banned

what if the DM has two comps side by side and on one comp he is the DM and the other he is in the same server and he makes himself the +billion sword of killing, then goes to another legit server?, while all this time, no one was in his server to see that happen. would other DM's see that sword and punish him by sending 30 dragons right at him? i know i would :)

5. ayecapitan Guest

What I think is that DM's are genrally decent and honest people, who are concerned for keeping the game fun for everyone, therefore they will not do such things

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Course there's plenty of worlds out there besides ALFA, so if you're interested in how such situations are handled in the other 99% of places to play NWN ( ;)), then I would check out their policies concerning such things. If they don't say in an FAQ, I'm sure you could always find some way to ask. And regardless of the world, really, I'm sure there are ways around all rules. I'm no programing genius (hell, I'm not even a programing idiot), but I'm sure anyone who really knows what they're doing could find ways to do what you've suggested. The best way to get around such things is to play where you trust the people you're playing with to play by rules that you respect. That's really the only foolproof way.

7. Drizzt Banned

what is ALFA anyways?

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Check out www.alandfaraway.net ; ALFA is/will be a 24/7 persistent NWN world looking to recreate the whole of the FR. Entry is via a rigid screening process for both players and DMs, which only 25% get through. Read their charter, you will see how keen they are to eliminate 'cheats'. The downside is that some see this approach as 'elitist'. Lots of SP people are in ALFA: eg Taluntain, Darien, Sir Bel & yours truly. Our faction (guild) AORTA is based in ALFA.
    There are other worlds, many have less strict entrance qualifications i.e send us $10/month and you're in.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.