1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

About Frozen Throne

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Oxymore, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A couple of things:

#1) Where can I find good tutorials for the world editor? It looks very promising but I'm having trouble with some features like making in-game movies, creating new races and stuff.

#2) Are the 128 MB of RAM on my PC enough to actually achieve something with the editor?

Achtung! Spoilers!

#3) Saw Arthas beating the crap out of Illidan without breaking a sweat? Man, Illidan is a freaking demon, getting smashed like that isn't like him, I was disappointed seeing that sorry fight.

#4) Many points of the story are on hold, think we'll have to wait for warcraft IV or maybe another expansion set for WC3?

#5) Am I the only one who sees huge parallels between the plot of Warcrat III and Starcraft?

Thank you for your time.

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1) Try playing the orc bonus campaign. I've heard it's a tutorial on how to use the World Editor, and a fairly good one at that.

2) 128MB RAM should be servicable, although more RAM always = good.

3) Hmm. Take a Level 10 Death Knight versus a Level 10 Demon Hunter? I'd say the Demon Hunter wins everytime with manaburn, immolation and metamorphosis.

4) The plot in the WC3 game/expansion has always been rather screwy. Perhaps another expansion pack will come along. Or WC4 sometime in the future.

5) No, you are not the only one. Arthas is frighteningly similar to Kerrigan. Although I would rather be a mighty Death Knight imbued with unholy power anyday rather than an ugly thing in charge of a bunch of disgusting bug-like creatures.

3. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

I've played the Orc campaign. "To be continued, download the rest on battlenet when it becomes available". No signs of a world editor tutorial...yet.

4. DarthMuffin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

My advice is to check at www.gamefaqs.com for an editor guide. There is a pretty good one for WC3 vanilla, and you should be able to figure what the new stuff is about when you understand the vanilla editor.

5. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

Thanks, Muffin.

I found out about strange theories saying the universes from WC and SC are actually connected. Some say the Zerg is yet another plague sent by the burning legion. Also some parallels between Xel'Naga ("Naga"???) and the Titans mentioned in WC. Puzzling.

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

actually it would take more than that Shura. One has to bear in mind that Illidan story wise quaffed a heavily loaded artifact and thus increased his powers considerable, making it an even more horrid fight.

and no, I noticed the parallels to starcraft (and broodwar) as well. The more you think of it, the more the story seems the same. Even though it's a good story, it's limited how many times you can keep it good.

I heard rumors of another expansion, but b-net is full of rumors. Hopefully we'l see another, but to be realistic I think we have to wait till world of worldcraft.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.