1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Abnormally long loading times

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    FINALLY back to normal for me as well. I just hope it lasts.

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Woooo back to instant loading times :D

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I did notice a longer delay, roughly a minute for BoM, just moments ago. The other pages I was surfing simultaneously loaded much faster.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Mine still makes a slight (15s) pause before it starts loading. It's only the front page though.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Takes up to 30 seconds for pages to load for me as well again. :mad:

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yup. It's back :(

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

It took me a good 30 seconds to get onto the second page of this thread.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. The occasional 5-10 second delay, but that's not unusual.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Right now it's working fine, but it wasn't working correctly earlier today, or Friday. It seems like it comes and goes.

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have had it as well, thought it was something wrong with my cmoputer.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The Bom has been fine for me up until just now. It took 1-2 minutes just for this page to load. :bad:

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have very long loading times this morning, too. :(

13. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Great fun. Any idea how long the delays are expected to continue? I'm addicted to BoM and it's giving trouble getting my fix!

14. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Happens every other day now. Yesterday, fine, day before like it is now...

15. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

My loading times are still slow now. I thought this post would never get submitted.

16. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

1 to 2 minutes load times now. It takes a long time for the request to go through, but after that it loads fast. I have seen a similiar problem before and then it was solved with some tuning of the web server configuration.

17. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    1-2 minutes to load everything. Back to abnormality.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1-2 minutes here as well.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Same for me as well... our server provider can't seem to figure out why this is happening. First they blamed their tier 1 providers, who of course denied any responsibility, then they looked at the server, which again apparently wasn't the culprit. The fact that the loading times aren't persistently bad is only making it harder to trace the root cause. We're looking into it is all I can say unfortunately. We'll be moving to a new server in the next few days and if these issues appear there as well we'll be troubleshooting it from that point.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yup, lag in loadtimes here as well, been that way a long time, I guess it was on saturday this worked normally, but today's been slow as anything...at least 30sec load times...

edit: ...and now, a few minutes later it's back to normal again...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.