1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ability Scores?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Sir Belisarius, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] ROTFLMAO!!!!
    You sure you weren't hit by 20 mind flayers at once? :D

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited January 21, 2001).]

2. herf Guest

[​IMG] oompah- that was then, this is now, i have a few friends now, and i didnt post it when i came to the boards, i have been here since october!

3. Just wondering Herf, don't take offence, as none was intended.

4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

str: 16 (I can mp about 240, and squat thrust around 330)
    dex: 12 (I can fence reasonably well, accuracy is not all that great with projectiles though)
    con: 9 (I can't run for crap, I'm rather overweight. Although I practically never get sick, let's be real...if you get tired swinging a blade, you won't last long enough to get sick)
    wis: 12 (I have quite a few of those D'OH! moments)
    int: 16 (Still in college, but I was top in my HS class for history and I contested at the National level for math)
    chr: 12 (I'm not quite the most charming person, but I don't think I'm butt ugly either)

As far as intelligence goes, let's face it. We're talking Dark Ages intelligence. The average person couldn't read, write, or do arithmetic. I can outdo my Grandfather when it comes to that, and he really isn't that old. You'd probably be hailed as a god if you quoted the works of Pathagarus or Newton.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

What are Sorcerer's stats?
    Intelligence: 25
    but what else?
    Charisma 3?
    :D :D :D

[This message has been edited by Shura (edited January 22, 2001).]

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Only to those of evil alignment. If you had checked the site a year ago when I still had my picture up, you would see that I'm not that bad looking. ;)

7. Cool, why not put it up again Tal?

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Raise me strength to 14. I just found out this morning i can leg raise 150kg! cool!

Yeah Tal show us your pic and i'll show u mine!

9. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Sounds...KINKY!

You know, this might have little to do with this thread, but paladins have the tendency to suck in BG2. They gotta have high intelligence and charisma. Not only that, but their intelligence and dexterity have pretty high requirements too. This gives them about 17 points to throw around, and who ever imagined a paladin who was weak, couldn't fire a bow if his life depended on it, and had low hit points?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah... But the good thing about Paladins in BG2 (oh wait I could be wrong since I've only imported in BG2; it's true for BG1 and IWD though) is that if the random roll comes out less than the minimum score required to be a Paladin, it is set to the minimum score. That makes it easier to get more high scores, and higher totals overall...

11. Taluntain

Media:
    The only one I have scanned is still that one, like almost two years old. Heh.
    I'll try to get something more recent.

12. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'd have to be a cleric/mage or something of the sort because my intelligence and wisdom are quite nice, however, my const, dex, and str suck! And to think I gripe at Ariee because she's weak. Heh. Anyway, I'd say I have pretty good charisma, climbing every day though :D

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

yeah, i saw the pic of you taluntain, not too bad

14. Sorl Guest

[​IMG] Has anyone of you played with a character having the stats you just published (except Hooligan and Septic)??

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    No way! Then I would just be running around in a game world as me! There's no fun in that. The whole point of playing RPG's and CRPG's is to be a hero in the world...Someone with exceptional abilities, skills and talents.

Most of the scores I listed are pretty average...The one thing I know for sure, is that I am a lot stronger physically than most people...Other than that, I am just another inhabitant of Mundania...That's the last thing I want to be in a fantasy game.

Plus, PC's in the game are supposed to be "exceptional" that's why most of the people are o level 4-6 hit point, but the adventurers can increase to high level with much higher abilitiies, hit points, etc...

Well, so much for my Wednesday morning rant...

16. Sorl Guest

[​IMG] Come on !! The reason we aren't really cool heroes is that there aren't any really cool dragons running around!!! :cool:

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I suppose that's true too...But if there were, I don't know how long of an adventuring career we'd have. Monsters tend to be mean. Plus, the closest thing to the Underdark I've seen is a submerged cave in Mexico. :D

18. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Then you haven't been to Washington DC.

Anyway, did you know that there are dragons in the Old Testament of the Bible? Yep, and supposedly, a bunch of saints also killed dragons in the middle ages. Who knows perhaps there are dragons, or were dragons.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Well there are plenty accounts of dragons throughout the history, most of them coming from the oriental parts of the world.
    But dragons, such as we picture them could never exist for real.
    The biggest problem being the fact that they'd have to have wings 5 times the size fantasy artists present them with, if they were supposed to be able to fly, not just crawl on the ground. ;)

P.S.
    Most of those accounts of dragons were later attributed to various species of lizards who could get pretty big and scary-looking, but alas no dragons. ;)

20. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Like Monitor lizards, crocodiles, etc....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.