1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A powerstabbers dream?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kaplin, Jun 20, 2002.

1. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Then staves it is ;) Staff of the ram?

Yep, you said that, but there were also 3 other opinions in the posts above, so I put it there to show the outcome of the test, so everyone knows for certain.

2. /me wonders where the opinions were in his post :hmm:

The entire post of mine was truth, and tested.

Yes iirc the Staff of the Ram is useable to backstab with, but who would want to?[edit]I mean from a Role-playing perspective, but you can "Backbash" with it for lots of damage :D[/edit]

[This message has been edited by DeBhaal Stasion (edited June 27, 2002).]

3. purerflames Guest

ok lets sayt this simplly

ASSASINS RULE

i love there x7 B.S. i have beat the game 3 times with them . . . . . .

4. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@purerflames:
    solo or grouped? What difficulty setting?

I didn't say post I said postSSSSS

The topic is named a powerstabbers dream. So logically I suggest a powerstabber weapon, not a role playing weapon

5. [​IMG] @StressedE, yeah I realise that now, jsut dont feel like editing it. ;)
    But wait.. It is Powerstabbers Dream so then the Staff isnt a viable solution. :p

---------------------------------------------
    For multiclass solo powerstabber(basher) would be a Fighter/thief at the ToB XPcap limit, weilding the Staff of the Ram +6. Why, Because you have great THAC0, toped with Str enhancements and Belts and such and HLA's make it all the better.
    1d6 damage +12crushing +1d4peircing, thats a possibility of 14-22 damage then add in Str bonuses. By this time you ought to have Str 23 on this character with the Fire Giant Belt, which gives an addition +5 to your THAC0 and +11 to damage.. which brings damage up to 25-33 damage a hit.. the Staff of the Ram also has a +6 to your THAC0, so your in the negatives there... then.. imagine that 5x over...that is 125-165 damage without a critical hit.. which with two points in Two-handed Weapons style is on 19-20instead of just a 20. Wait! I forgot to factor in if your Specialized with Staves.. that will be on a normal hit.. roughly +1 to THAC0 and +2 to damage, while that doesnt seem like much, can be a lifesaver. Two points in Two-handed Weapons also reduces Weapon speed, the Staff of the Ram is already speed 1 so it almost hits first always.. with the specialization in Two-handed style, it will be either 0 or -1(not sure if it can be negative) so youll probably hit first, hit multiple times, you will also hit very hard.. Your first attack ought to always be from the shadows, so thats an easy 165 or so damage straight off.. if whatever your attacking is still alive after that, then you can go into Melee or drink a potion of Invisibility and backstab again.
    If your into hacking, then an even more powerful form of that would be the Kensai/Thief(though its nto very RPish to play a Kensai"sword saint" with a stave..) for the "Kai" ability for max. damage right before a backstab.
    Or a Fighter/Assassin with the *7 multiplier which can cause even more damage.

Now if your really into hacking.. you could play a Cleric thief that uses Staves... and use Righteous Magic to give you an extremely good THAC0...

So thieves can be extremely good :) If played correctly, and their strengths or played to the fullest. Or some things are exploited, and you "backstab" with the best 'Thief allowed' staff in the game. :D

[edit]
    Woohoo! 300 posts :) :hippy: :D
    [/edit]

[This message has been edited by DeBhaal Stasion (edited June 29, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.