1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A new forum: Morrowind

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Hugo, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think Morrowind is amazing. I don't mind some walking because you never know what you're going to find when you are walking. I just wish I had been able to run it on my computer because I'd like access to all the user-made mods etc. I did get a little frustrated in the game because I took an item before I ever knew it was supposed to be a quest item and then sold it....god knows where.

2. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There are plenty of alternatives to walking, in fact, being able to plan a series of journeys by siltstrider/boat/mark-recall/intervention/mage guild teleports and therefore simulataneously complete a half-dozen quests and return where you started is satisfying in itself!

Plus, walking is fine with the blinding boots of speed and a couple of self-enchanted items.

And I think this is the game I most identified with the main character in. You know how satisfying it is to be able to say I am this Island!? Having explored every tomb and dungeon, to be the head of every guild on the face of Vvardenfall; Primate of the Imperial Cult, Patriarch of the Temple, Master Thief, Grandmaster of the Morag Tong, Arch-Mage, Knight of the Imperial Dragon, Fighter's Guild Master, Spymaster of the Blades. To be the Telvanni Archmagister, while the other houses whimper at your feet. To have defeated any challenge that looks in your way, and the undoubted master of every skill and discipline there is!

Yes, it is good.

I once slaughtered Vivec at an early point of the game, it was an accident, I found my way into his sanctum, and was met with hostility. I reloaded, not wanting to 'sever the lines of fate' and being caught up in feelings of irreconcileable guilt, but that was great enough in itself.

And the feeling when one storms the compound of the Cammona Tong, single-handedly bringing down the most nefarious crime syndicate on Vvardenfall, (the thieves guild are nice guys, really, The Bal Molagmer are heroes!), to leave Orvas Dren a hollow shell of a mer, to liberate all the slaves in the name of the Twin Lamps, to decimate the vampiric scum, while praying that you yourself are not infected with their blight, (until you have met with the corprus, at which point you fear no-one, man, mer, or beast, for the disease they may spread is below you, you are beyond it!), or to join them, and lead them to glory as the unrivalled masters of the ashen wastes.

I am sure that to see the bloodied skies lifted from above Red Mountain would serve as the greatest accomplishment one could hope for.

Now, perhaps I speak for myself, but for months I was cursing as B'vec or N'wah, so ingrained was I with the land of dunmer.

Never had I seen such a world, so complete in it's history, in it's political and religious struggles, in it's strange, yet all too familaiar blend of past and mythos, and so staggeringly beautiful in its surrounds. The sight of sunset upon the coastal Daedric temples of the West Gash, Sheogorath, Zirfibel Bay, is one to behold, to remember the first sight of a netch among the swamps of the Bitter Coast, or the lulling candle-light upon the ferns and ampule pod-glow within the guilds of Balmora and Ald Redoran, after the blinding passage of a dust storm. The sight of the forests one to dream for, that they might come again.

Never befoer have I held such reverence for the starlight, to wait anxiously for the twin moons and their clear vigil amongst the heavens, cascading off the obsidian pools between the tortured rocks stark in their magnificance, or upon the grassy plains and Alit herds, and the trees amongst the death. The moonlight, that just for that instant, seems to wash the blood away from your hands, the bood you wear because it is the only way you can save those people, who all, though they may not know it, depend on you and you alone.

No, I did not find it soulless.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Preach on brother. :D

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Outstanding! I just received Morrowind for Christmas, the edition with the extra packs. But I have not had any time to install it yet (been playing CoD and NWN Hordes). After all this controversy over if its any good or not, I'm going to make it a priority to install it this coming week. Now I can't wait.

5. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Careful Chandros, you have a daughter now. Are you sure you don't want to see her again until her 12th birthday? ;) :D

6. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Walking is never a problem for me...the boots of blinding speed are awesome, i dont see how i ever got around before i got them. Also, theres a mod called private mobile base you can download, that really helps...it's a big flying base that can teleport to 20+ different major locations around vvardenfell, solsteim, and mournhold. The base costs over 10 million gold to get it fully upgraded to go everywhere, but I have an extremely easy way of making tons of money fast...alchemy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.