1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A new forum: Morrowind

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Hugo, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I think there ought to be a new forum
    For the faboloustastical game: MORROWIND.
    It's one I've enjoyed for many hours now, without ever getting bored.
    I would love to discuss it here with all you lovable SP-people.

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] No! You had to mention that game and instill in me the urge to reinstall it!

Nooo!

Why must you do this to me?!!?

I love that game, btw.

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Never finished it, don’t know if it was worth finishing ;x

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

There is a forum for it, and it's called "The Playground" ;) .

5. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The reason why there isn't such a forum has been said many'o'times. This site was mostly made for AD&D games, in forgotten realms that is.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Any fully D&D game gets covered on SP, and gets a forum. The others don't, simple as that. It's nothing to do with preference or game quality, but simply with the narrow focus of SP, which is D&D CRPGs. Morrowind has always been discussed in this forum in the past, along with all other non-D&D CRPGs, so feel free to post Morrowind topics here.

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31

Oops :o
    I thought this was more a general RPG site/
    Me LUVS it here regardless, I just missed that bit in the intro than/
    And yes it is definitely worth finishing, I really hope I get round too it some day soon myself.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It's not that good. :rolleyes: No plot at all.

Have you noticed, that this is the first Morrowing topic in a long time? ;)

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Hey, whatever you gotta say about Morrowind, shoot !!!

It's my all time favourite game.

10. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Was in Gamespy's top 10 overated games of all time if i'm not mistaken.

11. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Why I ortta...

Let me tell you something, you non-believers, Morrowind is one of the most enjoyable, rich, immersive, deep, detailed, addictive games I have ever played. The only thing that turns people off is it is so big, that to do everything that is possible takes more time and patience than the typical hack-n-slash (no reference ;) ) fan can stomach. For about half a year I was the nerevarine.

Average time to complete a game is perhaps two-three weeks, tops. Sometimes only one. Four and a half minutes if it's Diablo II. You could spend a year on this.

Now, if only I can sort out those mods and go back and finish the damn thing...

And I don't even have Bloodmoon. Oh but I will. It shall be mine....

In I as well, you have awakened too many old passions.

12. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I have the complete set, and while I do have the save games from werewolf island(not Balduran's Island... :p :p ), I decided not to play anymore because I kept getting dizzy. It's fun at first, I'll grant it that, but after a while it gets boring because unlike other games, there is no end, and so that feeling of immense satisfaction never comes, you know?

13. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Manus: sound good, I will try it :)

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31

That feeling of satisfaction came to me twice already. First when i defeated Dagoth Uhr, and the second time when i killed Almalexia. And i still haven't finished Bloodmoon, so i will have that feeling one more time. So to me this is a very satisfying game.

Mind you, with the help of an interactive map, i explored virtually EVERYTHING in Vvardenfell, every cave, dungeon, shrine, ruins, sunken ship, the whole package. I found every special item there is to find in this game as well. Once you have done all that, and finished the main storylines of both the original game and the add ons, THEN Morrowind will be completed, and you WILL have a feeling of satisfaction.

I know there are a lot of unofficial mods outthere as well, but i haven't bothered with those because of the possible buginfestation that could come along with em in combination with the plugins i already use. Even the installation of Bloodmoon caused fatal errors in Tribunal, which could only be bypassed by downloading yet another patch, or a cheatcommand. Very annoying.

15. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My problem with the game was the intense impersonal feeling i had playing it. I didn't feel like I mattered. There was no epic story to pull me in. You can be too-openended in my opinion and that is the flaw with that game. I never felt any urgency... no rush to save the land. Just much much boring walking around. That the game is beautiful I won't deny but myst was beautiful too, but soulless as well.

16. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What? Soulless? Morrowind has one of the most detailed gameworlds I've ever played. The political science! The theology! The politicized theology! It was like playing through a fantasy retelling of the last days of the Raj.

And taking a moonlit waterwalk along the northern Sheogorad shores...lovely!

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Puh-lease; walking takes 50% of all time, so if you like of it; I bet you got more than enough. Myself, I rather got out and walk there than do it virtually. :shake:

Like ywpark89 said, there is no plot or anything that would make that 'walking' even a bit interesting.

18. Pac man Gems: 25/31

There IS, you just don't see it. :p

About the walking.... that's just a matter of how you want to play. Personally i never walked all that much. I either took the Silt Strider, The teleportation option from the Mages Guilds, or used "Mark" and "Recall" spells. In the beginning when i wasn't familiar with the scenery, i walked around a lot, which wasn't boring at all, because of the stunning environment.

And then there's always the Wizard Staff, which you can use to levitate instead of walking.

No sir, you won't see me walking a lot in Morrowind. :D

Plus i found the running from A to B and back, only to do it all over again, in games such as SoA and Icewind Dale 2 a tad more annoying than the walking in Morrowind.

To each his own i guess.

19. Meatdog Gems: 15/31

You're forgetting both of the Intevention spells. I actually used those even more then Mark and Recall since they can get you to alot of places, even ones you haven't been to before. The downside is you need good map knowledge to be able to use them efficiently. At some places you can even make little jumps by alternating both. And by using the combination of both you can almost always get to some kind of public transport. So I must agree that there are alot of alternatives to walking.
    And BTW walking only gets boring when your speed is low.
    But I also agree that the tale isn't epic enough. I feel like doing alot for a bunch of people but I don't really feel any involvment with the main story. Maybe I just didn't get far enough. The Tribunal storyline starts better than the original is going on for the moment (got to love the assassinations, reminds me of BGI).
    Don't know, maybe I should continue with it and get myself Bloodmoon now that I've finished HotU.

20. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Besides, there's nothing quite so satisfying as sucking up self-proclaimed "demigods" Vivec and Almalexia into Azura's soulgem to use as a glorified nightlight.

Clap on! Clap off!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.