1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A little help, please.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Mordokai, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ok, I finally decided it's hight time for me to complete Baldur's gate 1. I went for it once, but due to a bug, I was forced to end it prematurely. I was in the Baldur's gate city, and got poisoned by that Iron throne mercenary. I did everything correctly, but due to a bug the poison was stuck with me, and that was the end of my party :p Due to the lack of save games, I was forced to quit, and I didn't fell like starting anew. Now, I'm back, and determined to finish it :flaming:

Since I don't want the same thing as last time happening to me, I would ask you folks to point me to some fix pack for BG1, something like Baldurdash for BG2? If there are any good mods for BG1, I would also appreciate links to them. Nothing that changes the game fundamently, just something that spices it up a little. I heard there is a mod that adds banters, where would I get that?

Oh yeah, one more thing! I already started playing, and when I came to Beregost and go to Thunderhammer, he's not there :p Another bug, or was I too fast? It's been about two in game days. Oh, and that chick of the Flaming fist that's paying you for a bandit scalps is also missing(forget her name). Any idea what could be wrong?

I'm using vanilla BG, no TuTu for me yet.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The banter pack from gibberlings 3 is for TuTu so as youve started already you'll have to start again if you want it installed. If its your first time through I recommend just using vanilla BG, if you patch up you should'nt get any major bugs. Thunderhammer is only there in the day not at night and officer Vai only turns up at the Jovial Juggler after you have cleared the Nashkel mines.

3. Iraelonn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Are you goiong to Thunderhammer's shop at night? If you are he will not be there. Have you cleared the Nashkell mines? The Flaming Fist officer doesn't appear until you do.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    The previous posters are spot on. Officer Vai will only appear after the Nashkel Mines and the Thunderhammer only works during the day (appropriately enough). The BG NPC Project will work if you have either Tutu or BGT installed. I don't believe it is compatible with vanilla BG.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I was waiting for someone to post that :lol:

Mordokai, could you tell exactly what you did in the Lothander & Marek quest?

7. Mordokai Gems: 6/31

@Taluntain: yeah, probably a good idea :p Can I install it over the saved games, and keep on playing, or do I have to start a new game?

@Trellheim: went to the Prophet, got the onswer i needed, went to that temple of Umberlee(spelling?), went to the other temple to get the tome of wisdom, killed the priestess, used the book, gave the scroll of reversal to Marek(I think he's the one under the geas), and went to kill Lothander. Then I used his antidote on every party member, and went on. Later, I still got that, your party is poisoned message, and when i went bac to Marek, he said I asked the wronged question, and that we are all doomed :p Then he vanished. Sometimes later, my whole party just died.

Something along those lines. I'll post more accurate description later, right now it's two in the morning, and I'm kind of tired :sleep:

8. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Lothandar is the one who is under geas. Marek is the guy you kill.

You don't need to drink the antidote. It is enough that it is in your inventory, and usually you get a message about the poison been cured plus you get some nice XP. As you mentioned you probably ran into a bug.

Baldurdash doesn't fix that, according to the readme file, but it does fix other annoying bugs and close some exploits.

And it should work if you install it over saved games.

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wait...wait...

Did you talk to Lothander before you killed Marek? I think you need to talk to him first and kill Marek after that...

So it might be a bug, but a rare one, since I guess everyone's always given Lothander the Remove geas scroll before they've killed Marek...

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@IT: Note the bolded part in the quote below...
    Okay, now switching the names, did you talk to Marek before you killed him? The antidote isn't what cures you, it's Marek's dialogue before he attacks.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I believe you can install Baldurdash fixes at any point, but they're not retroactive, so it's always best to apply them at the beginning of the game.

12. Mordokai Gems: 6/31

I do believe that was the case. He spouted some profanities at me, and then attacked me. I do not remember exact words thou. And yes, I now know that antidote isn't the cure, but I didn't know that at the time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.