1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Little Foppish Idiot?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Get used to it!

Think of all those late night Civilisation sessions that will be masquerading as "looking after the baby".

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That would be reason #2 for why we haven't had any kids yet.

Seeing as it's Aug 15th now, I'm sure that the little Idiot Jr. has popped out but now. Hope he and Mrs. Idiot are doing well.

One thing I learned from my mom - CostCo is a godsend. :p :rolling:

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Baby Jack (mini-fop) has now arrived. Officially it was at 5:24 PM eastern time, which would make it 11:24 PM SP time on the 14th. So, around 30 hours after labor started, he finally got here. He was quite small - even by baby standards - at just 6 pounds, 3 ounces - or about 2800 grams. Baby and mom are resting comfortably in the hospital tonight, while I stopped at a grocery store to re-stock the house before going to bed tonight, at home. It will be the first night of uninterrupted sleep I've had for 3 days, and simultaneously the last night of uninterrupted sleep I'll have for the foreseeable future.

He looks a lot like his dad - except (ironically) he has more hair! We're trying to get him to latch on better with the breast feeding, but it is frustrating for a couple of reasons. First, a newborn baby's stomach only has a volume of about 7-10 mL, or about 1/3 of a fluid ounce. That's really small, but it's also impossible to know when he's had the right amount. Boobs don't come with volume demarkations.

I actually saw everything at the birth. I wasn't sure I wanted to - and I will admit it's pretty nasty - but I think I'm glad I did.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's awesome, Aldeth! Fantastic. Glad to hear it's all going well.

Please do keep us posted on how things go from here.

It won't be long before you're telling us about Mini-Fop #2 being on the way!

5. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Outstanding, Aldeth! :thumb: Congrats to you and your family. :banana: All the best people are born in August, btw. ;)

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Congrats to you and your wife, Aldeth! :banana:

7. Old Raven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Congratulations! :thumb:

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Congrats, and don't forget to post the link to the pictures :)

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'll get pictures up eventually. Unfortunately, the digital camera is with my wife at the hospital. We should be bringing mom and baby home today - this morning with any luck - and then I should be able to get them loaded on snapfish or something like that. Everyone who didn't make it to the hospital wants to see the pictures. And also, it seems like everyone wants to come see us at the house - like we're going to have all this spare time to entertain visitors. I'd rather if they gave us a few days to get our bearings before this started.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Congrats, Aldeth! :thumb:

Well then, you better get him on a weight training program. Like father, like son! :D

11. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Yay, Aldeth! Congratulations to you and Mrs. Fop. Young Fop will be a joy, I'm sure.

Have Mrs. Fop keep at it on the breast feeding. It takes a while for the baby to learn how to do it, but it's worth it.

As for the horde of visitors - it's probably not possible to say no, but it is possible to let go of any self-expectations about entertaining them. And you can be quite ruthless about telling them Mrs. Fop needs to rest, Mini-Fop needs to rest, you need to rest, thanks so much for coming.

Again, many congratulations.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Awesome, buddy - best to you and yours.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  14. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations, Aldeth.

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Congratulations, AFI, life as you knew it is over. (It gets better.)

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Congratulations!

I hope you have as much fun with mini-fop as I have with T3.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Congratulations Aldeth!

18. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Congratulations!

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/me lights up a biga** cuban cigar and hands one to the Foppish Idiot

20. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Congratulations!

have fun changing 90 gazillion dirty diapers!!! :D
    and remember that 3-5lbs on the diaper box is not the amount it will hold!! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.