1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Little Fantasy: #1 Withdrawl

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Dec 21, 2009.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am suffering severe roleplay withdrawl. It's not even funny.

Apparently Warhammer Quest COUNTS as roleplay, though my RP-Senses do not tingle in it's presence.

As a result I've gone a little overboard.

I have calculated the number of vampires (from Vampire: the Masquerade) would exist in the UK. I calculated 616 individual would reside there with room for a few PCs.

So then I took that figure and calculated dispersion by clan.

Then I divided up 12 nucleal points for Vampiric interaction (Including fictional Sarbourne, and found a place near Glasgow called Dykehead... why am I not surprised?)

Then I figured out which areas are Sabbat, Camarilla or Anarch interest and designated points.

Now I'm working through making 616 character sheets for NPCs.

I need to get a goddamn game!

2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, how did you calculate the 616?

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's supposedly after the inquisition roughly one vampire for every 100,000 people. Pretty much looked up estimates of UK populations, taking an average (median), which was 61,634,599.

Using the same method you should get 75 vampires in London alone, however I decided to distribute kindred populations differently and ended up with 71 in London, and 72 in Sarbourne, a fictional town/city near Bournemouth which has greater travel routes and is higher population due to a Sabbat incursion and Anarch rebellion.

I took 20 to be the number of 'officially' isolated vampires to allow for the fact while many will do their own thing, very few can avoind cities indefinitely and most will associate with one of the territories that has a society.

Vampires are called to blood - the blood of kine calls to them for sustenance, but the blood of kindred calls out to them as well, almost pack instinct. So most 'isolated' kindred are associated with a town, they're just not regulars.

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    That's actually really nice since it corresponds to the supposed real number of the beast. Yay symbolism!

5. 8people

Media:
    I hadn't actually thought of that :D

I'm usually big on symbolism as well! lol

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.