1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Good Story

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Sarevokā€¢, Aug 25, 2004.

1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Actually, there are god endings for a good character in BG2, but I don't think the tale has to focus on <charname> at all. Of all the book/movie series out there, how many of them only follow one person? Baldur's Gate has kind of moved away from Baldur's Gate and followed the children of Bhaal, but no one said it had to be this way, and no one said it had to be <charname>. I still think my Time of Troubles idea is good.

2. Luzifer's right hand Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Playing as a god would be cool.

Fighting against demi-gods(replacing the goblins and other weak creatures) and other gods.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Imho, you were already a demi-god at the time you ended ToB. I think BG2 went a wee too far.
    The time of troubles idea sounded tempting to me :)

4. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Here are my thoughts on BG3.

If it is a sequel; through the travels in BG series you encounter numerous young individuals who want to be just like you, an adventurer. What would make sense is using any of them as the new main character for B3 or even your child you had with Aerie. Either way it gives the developer options for a sequel.

If BG3 is a prequel they have a lot of things they could do. First off they could make us actually be Baldurian, this would definitely explain the BG3 title. Or they could use any story line contain Gorion and the group he worked with or even use your mother as the main character, etc... There are so many options out there it is not even funny.

One thing that I think is very important is trying to stick to the roots of the BG series.

1) Great story line
    2) Great engine
    3) Expansion that added to the story line
    4) Variety of premade magical weapons
    5) The ability for mods

Even if they incorporate 3.5 rules they need to keep in mind that many of us like the way 2e rules work. If they play by 3.5 rules they might have to tone or modify some of the rules to incorpate some of the things many of us enjoyed.

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This could only be doable if Aerie was the canon romance.

(Tal gotta incorporate a Bewitched notifier on the boards, so I could just say "Fel", and Felinoid would teleport in.)

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@olimikrig:
    BOO!!! :lol:

I heard (in this forum, no less) that it's definitely going to be a prequel, so any sequel musings regarding canon romances into BG3 are moot. Besides, think how many people it would p*ss off when they picked the "wrong one", no matter who they chose.

The wrong party members can be forgiven, but marriage to the wrong person would be unforgivable. Not to mention it'd put a definite answer to whether <CHARNAME> is male or female, and no successful company is that stupid.

7. olimikrig

Media:
    Yay :thumb:

When talking canon, none do the preaching better than you :pope: , you got an almost creepy ability to see through what' ere argument, and spell out the obvious (and when coming to explaining anything 'canon' you do the job much better than I ;) )

P.s. Maybe you got an innate Bewitched notifier, and simply sence when people need your skills and BG knowledge :rolleyes:

8. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Felinoid it still could be a sequel given that the PC could of influenced numerous young fool hardy kids who want to go out and adventure. So that could lead us into a sequel. As for the child thing yes it would actually upset those of use who ended up romancing x,y or z. But didn't they also assume the party you adventured with in BG1 at the beginning of SoA? Why couldn't they do the same for BG3.

If BG3 is a prequel they should go with the Baldurain story line. That would be the easiest one to pull off and you could end up with him as your partner of sorts, like Imoen, but unlike Imoen you can't remove him from your party.

9. Felinoid

@Abdel (Silver Knight?):
    I didn't say they couldn't, I said they weren't going to. From what I've heard, they've already started work on BG3 (using 3e rules :( ) and it's going to be a prequel.

I like the Balduran idea, though. :thumb: He shows up so much in the first two games, and would probably make a great NPC tank. You could be the unmentioned companion of Balduran who helps him achieve fame and glory (not to mention all those cool magical items). It'd still be just barely clinging to the BG series storyline, but would be different enough that you could have all-new NPCs and areas.

10. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Felinoid

New areas would be cool. I would like a ship since Baldurian was a priate. That would definitely make the game funner. And to end the game you should end up at Werewolf island and that is it. Since that would go off the BG1 game about how Baldurian and his crew died.

11. Felinoid

I don't think it should go that far. Games with predetermined bad endings don't ever get very good reviews, and it's kind of a downer to realize that everything you've done is for naught. I figure it should end once you've gotten Balduran to "really big hero" status. After that it's his own damn fault if he screws it up.

12. olimikrig

Media:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Balduran idea is actually quite good. It would also somewhat justify calling the game Baldur's Gate III, instead of just making it a new game like NwN...

13. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

I heard NWN was BG3 at one point in time. As for BG3, does any one have any updates from other websites other than here?

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If there was any news, it'd be posted here. That's why we have the news on the front page. There's been nothing since we reported on it last.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.