1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A few ToB questions

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by nl255, Feb 6, 2004.

1. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I just got into ToB after beating SoA and have a few questions. First, do items dropped on the ground in the pocket plane ever decay, I tried resting 27 times and all items were still there. Second, is it possible to get to watcher's keep before saradush is destroyed? I am not sure exactly when saradush is destroyed and you can not go back there. Also, is it worth upgrading the golem manual or is it better to stay at a lower version of the manual, such as a stone golem instead of a juggernauth golem. Finally, if I were to cast stoneskin on my sorcerer giving him 10 skins, then summon a juggernaut golem, would I have to be hit 15 times for the golem to be dispelled or only 5 (i.e. would the stoneskins prevent the golem from taking the hit for me). If it would, then could I be hit over 100 times with a non-magical weapon and the juggernaut golem would still remain?

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I think that I can answer all of these questions.

1. No, not to my knowledge they don't, but you can store items in tose containers in the pocket plane if you want to keep them safe and handy.

2. You can go to Watcher's Keep straight from SoA. And even if you don't, you can go there at any time during ToB (with some exceptions of course).

3. Yes, it is worth upgrading the golem manual, because each higher golem you get will have better resistances, defence, strength, ect. then its predecessor. And you can never downgrade your manual by using a more powerful page and then a weaker page.

4.As for the last one, no. AFIK Those two spells are independent of each other.

Hope this is accurate and helps. ANd if it isn't accurate, there are a few dozen people to correct me.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I'll elaborate a bit more on one or two of them.

2. From the start of ToB until the destruction of Saradush, you cannot go to Watcher's Keep. You also cannot go there after the Ravager fight. Any other time in the game, you can.

4. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Actually, you can go to Watcher's Keep as soon as you get out of Saradush (ie kill the big baddie there).

5. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yeah, you don't have to wait until the destruction of Saradush to go to WK. As soon as you've gotten outside the town, rather than heading over to ne of the two areas you need to go for the Yaga-Shura plot, you can go to WK. The only times you flat out can NOT go there are in the very very beginning, before you've gotten out of Saradush, and as said above, after the Ravager fight.

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Why not after the Ravager fight? I went back to Amkethran after killing the Ravager (I needed to butcher some villagers to lower my reputation so I could have Bodhi in my party) and if Amkethran is still reachable then wouldn't the same apply to Watcher's Keep?

7. Xindell Gems: 6/31

Hmmm... maybe you can. I guess I've always just gone straight to the final fight and didn't realize you could do anything other than that.

8. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Since the juggernaut golem goes away after 5 hits, and stoneskin or protection from magical weapons won't keep it around longer, is it still worth going from a stone golem to a juggernaut golem? Also, the clay golem is completely immune to everything except blunt weapons. Those two things were the reason I was asking if it is always a good idea to upgrade it.

9. Xindell Gems: 6/31

I've never had a problem keeping the Juggernaut Golem around, really. The skins go up on the caster that summoned it. And the skins have to be knocked off of the summoner, not the Golem itself. So, as long as you keep your caster out of the fighting (which you should always be doing anyways), then it shouldn't be an issue. That being said, then yes, I do think it's always worth upgrading. The CLay Golems non-blunt immunity is nice, but the Juggernaut GOlem is just a lot better, overall!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.