1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A European's thoughts on world opinion

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Malaqai, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Laches, I understand your position completely. I ask you to please reconsider and stick around. You are one of the people here who actually debates. If you feel that it is not worth the trouble, then I understand. It is quite frustrating.

Yago, thank you for illustrating my point(s) so vividly. You are truly amazing. For a troll that is. :p

I'm done with this thread.

2. Fedja_1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Respectable Yago! You talk that we are inclined to mixing things, but it seems to me that it is the other way round. I dont even want to question American peoples worry for their sons in war and all other things you quoted but... First, nobody and I mean NOBoDY can run a war in the name of peace. It is not moral-and already that is an understatement. And second, true bushs intentions are obvious I think. It is not making peace and throwing down Saddam-afterall, bush is not such big "peacemaker"-but it also is not the oil as many are saying-oil is just a front. So what then? May sound stupid, but one reason could be personal vendeta on Saddam becaouse he tried to murder the older bush, you must remember that. And second and the most important reason is position.Geographycal and strathegycal. Take a map in your hands and look where Iraq is....see my point?

3. Malaqai Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Regarding me hating America and Russia winning WW2:
    1.The German army (the strongest millitary might on the planet at the time) broke it's teeth on Stalingrad. Germany would have beaten the crap out of the allies if Russia wasn't so strong and persistant. If you paid attention to your history classes, more people died on "the eastern front" than in the rest of Europe during the years 44' and 45'.

2.I don't hate America. I admire the foundations upon The US is built. Freedom, brotherhood, equality. But I am convinced that the present leadership of America is not fit to do their duties and avoid hurting millions of people.

Regarding me not answering to certain replies and claims:
    1.I respected what you had to say. Why debate about something you agree with (even partly)?
    2.I never had the intention of hurting anybody. But, the world is cruel and dark. And I may be a bit blunt when I am angry. And now, I AM angry. Why? Because the big-scale media and propaganda employed by the US army can easily cover up any potential problems that can rise and hurt the States. I DO NOT HATE the STATES. But I do hate the fact that 250 million people living in such a country can be led to believe that Iraq should be invaded because of weapons of mass destruction. And now when none of those have been found, NOBODY talks about them any more.

To Laches...
    I really doubt you are "thick" and I don't think that any real anti-Americanism exist on SP because I am a pacifist who respects intelligence, and all of you who visit SP and are from the States are pretty intelligent. Maybe you percieve me as an "America-basher" but I really am not. About the economy debate. Maybe yours and my resources aren't the same, but I think we proved the same thing. THE US IS NOT SO RICH AS TO BE VIEWED AS INVULNERABLE. Your essay seemed to give just that impression. My data is half a decade old because I didn't have time at the time to go scavenging the web for new info. I had some book right here, and I used them. And I agree that anti-Americanism is a problem to be dealt with, but you rally must ask yourself----why is this problem manifesting itself across the world? I doubt that all of a sudden a whole bunch of people decided to burn american flags just for a giggle.

About the stupid-people-from-other-countries. Ofcourse, every group of people has idiots. But I never called anyone stupid. And if you see somebody here calling anybody a "stupid American" and not calling me a "stupid Croatian", it is probably because my country doesn't do the kind of things that the US does, nor does my country have the power to do those things. I mean no offense to anyone.

[ May 02, 2003, 18:51: Message edited by: Malaqai ]

4. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Laches wrote:

Well, there are other economic opinions, which indicate that PPP should be used for comparison. I don't want to say Laches is wrong. I only want to point out, that other opinions exist in the giantic realm of economic science. That's science: Different opinions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/88635.stm
    http://www.colorado.edu/Economics/courses/econ2020/section6/ppp.html

http://www.dawn.com/2003/02/24/ebr6.htm

5. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Oh my god! It's like a bad acid trip. Suddenly I feel like I'm back in my college econ class.

Interesting, yet ultimately boring.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.