1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Cool Screenshot

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Athalon, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Okay, if I knew how to send in screenshots, I would. But, I got this awesome VERY cool one. Well, after going through the game once, I imported my character into a new game. I got another Cloak of Mirroring, and after I left drow city, I went to defeat the trolls at the D'Arnise hold. I gave Jaheira my cloak of mirroring and gave myself one two. Knowing that the Yuan-ti mage on the second level would cast Chain lightning, i sent only Jaheira and I in. He cast chain lightning and those bolts went crazy. Yuan-ti mage had spell deflect as well so every time those bolts touched me jaheira or the Yuan-ti mage it bounced off. IT was CRAzZZYYYy. IT zapped most of the trolls into submission and eventually killed the Yuan-Ti mage. Kinda funny yea? But thats not the main part. Now the little Mirroring thing that pops up when magic hits you is permanent. And for some odd reason my mirror is facing towards Jaheira and hers towards me. Looks like we're using some love bonding LOL

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You probably mean the Cloak of Reflection... It is well known that it is bugged - leaves original electrical beams to fly through plus creates another one.

The only thing I actually don't understand why did you leave D'Arnise Hold to clean up AFTER Spellhold.

3. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Cloak of Mirroring and Cloack of Reflection have the same effect on electric, except Mirroring does almost all the spells. I left it till after Spellhold cuz I accidently told Aran Linvail I wanted to go, when I didn't want to go yet. Couldn't help it, and you can't get back to the normal areas until Underdark. Longest adventure ever I'd say.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm, well, how hard is it to miss the link to submit screenshots if you load the front page at http://www.sorcerers.net/index.php, scroll down till you hit the current screenshot and click on the link below it?

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 23, 2001).]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.