1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A cleric is having fun ...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by thetruth, Feb 22, 2006.

1. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Thank you for the kind words guys :)

@ Faraaz

Of course ! (unfortunately :D )

On a side note - My cleric finished SoA with:

+3000 number of kills for about 17.000.000 experience :eek: (ONLY killing experience)
    So you don't have to worry,there is enough XP for your mage-cleric ;) (if you have the mods I do)

:hmm: ... Ehmm...what ? :D

@ Silverstar

Hehe,do not exaggerate now ;)

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@thetruth: Meh...that was just the geek-speak to say you rock. :) Emulating the exuberance and what not! :D

When's your next update coming up? My Mage is so boring...I'm hacking and slashing my way through everything...bah, can't wait till I get up to lvl 31 and then Dual-class. :D

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Well I am dying to see some Ascension SSs. How was Improved Illisera the Quick? :shake:

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Um...forgot to post this bit...17 MILLION XP? 17 MILLION? That's two solos and THEN some! :D HAHA!! I love this!! :eek:

5. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

I can't say for sure.She died too fast :p

I didn't have much free time these days,so my cleric,after killing Illasera,is still in his Pocket Plane.

But I found out something very interesting.I used the Fate Spirit to summon some NPCs (I want to have Immy and those who usually make my party,safe in my Pocket Plane :good: ),but when I tried to summon Aerie I see this .How does the Fate Spirit know this? :D
    I mean,when I don't play solo,I always romance Aerie.But not in this game ...
    Maybe because in my last (unfinished) game I had a romance with Aerie? It doesn't make any sense ...

Oh and of course I met my new butler,although he was quite alarmed when I told him to upgrade my sling :lol: :shake: :nolike:

17 M is only the XP for kills (and the 1,5M of experience for killing Melanthium is not included in this number since it was Quest XP!)
    I used SK to find out that my total XP is over 30 M only for the SoA part :eek:

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You see how the next line down is the 'normal' Aerie summon? That's part of the Flirt Pack, allowing you to summon a romance or just the NPC in ToB, in case you play a ToB-only game. Had you played a female cleric solo, you would have gotten three options for Anomen (LG, CN, and non-romance LN). You also likely got two options for Jaheira and two for Viconia, but you just wanted to yank our chain, didn't you? :p

7. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

@ Felinoid

Of course :doh: .

I forgot that.Yes I have flirt pack installed,although I didn't get these lines for Jaheira or Viconia thats why I was surprised.
    But there is an explanation to this too.
    I installed only the Aerie-part from the mod since I romance only her anyway...

(Hehe, Fel knows everything :shake: )

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

30 million XP? :eek: I could solo a Fighter/Mage/Cleric/Thief/Blade!! :D Hehehe...

9. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually no you couldn't. 3 big problems.

The Game Engine won't allow for that combination.

2nd Edition would only allow you to multi 3 classes.

2nd Edition stopped you from doubling up certain classes and in much the same way that Fighter,Ranger, and Paladin can't be matched in any way for all being fighter classes. You could not match a thief and a bard together.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@starwalker: Have you no sense of humor?? :p

I was just commenting on how my Mage/Cleric dual-class has absolutely nothing to fear with regards to XP in this game! :)

Also...before we go any further off topic, thetruth...your adoring fans demand further updates! :D

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes, keep the SSs coming! Please!

12. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sense of humor? Very little. sorry.

13. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

UPDATE - Improved Gronmir is dead too.Nothing special in this fight.
    Tomorrow my cleric will have to deal with the tough improved Fire Giants and Yaga-Shura...

And a correction to myself :

Harm ignores only Righteous Magic.Holy Power improves the THACO while Harm is active,although something is still wrong.
    Harm is supposed to create an undropped, +6 weapon in your right hand.Before the Harm my THACO,unarmed, is 0.After Harm it becomes +2 instead of -6. I don't understand... :confused:

And at last I had the chance to see an ability that only evil clerics have : Turn Paladins :evil: :grin:
    Another motive for Keldorn to kill Viconia :D

And it made me wondering...Could I had turned the Fallen Paladins at the Bridge District ? :p

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yes, it does create a +6 weapon, but that's only the enchantment; the THAC0 bonus is only 2. Still, it should be going to -2, not +2. TBH, that sounds almost like a non-proficiency penalty, but that would only be a 3-point penalty. So even then you'd be at +1, not +2; very strange. :skeptic:

15. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Thanks for the info.It's also very strange the fact that, while Harm is active, there is no THACO bonus from higher STR.25 STR does not improve it at all...

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

OFFTOPIC...but I've updated the Insane Dual-Class thread. Since I was the last poster...I couldn't make a new post so...if you're interested, you could go check that out.

@Thetruth: How far along are you now? Any further progress? I'm very eagerly waiting for Improved Sendai and Improved Draconis! :D

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I am speechless...You really are a masterful player. Sure I beat Ascension on insane but I had a party.

Hope your luck continues till the end, my friend. Do not sweat it!

18. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

UPDATE :

Just killed imp.Yaga-Shura and the road to Amkethran is now open.
    But before that I had to face the most ridiculous and unbalanced part of the Tactics mod,IMHO.The improved Fire Giants.

For those who don't know:

The improved Fire Giant is a 20-level Berserker who :

- has 22 STR and 190 HPs
    - is permanently improved hasted with 7 attacks/round !
    - has permanent Fireshield red
    - has the highest regeneration rate in the game which,combined with the imp.haste,make him regenerate : 10 HPs/second or 60 HPs/round !!! :eek: :nuts:
    - each hit : a)does +60 damage on insane
    b)casts lower fire resistance on target
    c)has a high chance of casting randomly: fireball,firestorm or summon a greater fire elemental on target !

- each time you hit him,again lower fire resistance is casted on your PC

I had to find a good tactic because with this regeneration my energy blades could not kill them fast enough.Fortunately they don't have MR, but when I casted Harm they could regenerate so fast that my next hit was not enough to kill them :eek: and even worse they get Morale failure:panic and they start running making it impossible to hit them quickly with a melee weapon.

So I followed this tactic : I cast Harm+Holy power+Righteous magic+Boon+ oil of speed.I go invisible (they can't see invisible) near a f.giant.I harm him and then immediately switch to my sling with 3 attacks/round to finish him off.

With this tactic I killed all the Fire Giants out of Yagashura's lair,but inside the cave the situation was a bit different...

Another one of my mods - Improved Battles, had improved further the fire giants, but only those inside Yagashura's lair,giving them 2 more characteristics :

- 110 MR (magic resistance)
    - the ability to insta-cast every few seconds: Stoneskin+mantle+prot.from the elements all at once :flaming:

So now they were immune to harm and I had to find a new tactic.
    Fortunately I remembered a few things from my fighter's solo and I buffed my cleric with :

- Protection from fire at max (127 FR) with 3 potions of fire resistance,which made fire damage to heal me
    - 2 potions of Stone form (they stack) for excellent saving throws, so I could save always against the lower f.resistance (This was the key in this battle.With my fighter I could use the potions of invulnerability,which are better,for the same purpose.)
    - I put on Roranach's Horn (Gronmir's helmet which grants 50% crushing resistance).This with Armor of Faith + the Flail Defender in the off-hand gave me 95% resistance to crushing damage and made me almost immune to the Giants' attacks.
    - The usual H.Power+R.Magic+Boon and improved haste from items (especially the improved cloak of protection +2, which casts a high duration's i.haste).
    - Better AC with: Prot.f.evil,potions of mind focusing,improved invisibility

Now I could attack them in melee with 6 attacks/round and the Flail of Ages,once again, proved why it's the best weapon in the game.
    Its slow effect not only slowed the f.giants but also it cut at half their regeneration rate !

The only real threat were the Elite Fire Giants who have better stats and they do slashing damage (they have axes).But with the Golden Girdle equipped (better AC against slashing),armor of Faith and the flail Defender the damage was limited.

And some screenshots :

- Elite Fire Giants
    - more giants
    - Berenn

And with this I had finished with the Marching Mountains.Then,after bringing Y.Shura's heart at the Forest of Mir and killing Nyalee, I was at the Siege Camp.
    The battle with improved Yaga Shura was too easy.After attacking him the first time,I remained invisible waiting for him to return.Then with my usual buffs on,I cast Harm and Yaga-Shura was dead ...

Abazigal is the next.Then improved Sendai and ...
    And you mean improved Abazigal - Draconis was not improved.

[ March 28, 2006, 02:52: Message edited by: thetruth ]

19. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

60 HP regen per round? :eek: I didn't know that!! Hm...I guess I'm going to have to rely on instant kill tactics when I hit ToB as well, which is probably going to be tomorrow or so. :)

Are you going to Abazigal first for any particular reason? I REALLY want to see the Sendai fight in particular..he he...because your cleric is going to have a hard time keeping up with the clones as well as the Drow reinforcements.

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^OMG, you have done well, my friend. Death to Giants! :D

Well, I encountered the exact same FGiants. Those in the lair with Stoneskins, MR, are soo painfully hard!

Your best bet is insta-kill spells indeed. A greater malison+doom (even more if they stack in your game for cheesiness) then a single FoD will finish (a good chance) right quick, saving you many annoyances!

That FG yelling NO MORE is very funny IMHO! :lol:
    And that liutenant thief actually uses Assasination? Oh my I did not know that! :eek: Good job indeed!

Yes please go for Sendai first, I am soo excited to see that fight!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.