1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

7+ characters per party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by angryguy, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Soloing at Insane with Tactics mod is easy...so I don't know how having more than 6 overpowered characters running around with godly equipment and levels with the difficulty level up justifies things. :p

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, with more characters, you would level up slower, and that might the game more difficult.

3. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

This would be a nice idea, but impossible as far as I know. Plus, would the extra characters be worth it in a game that has been designed for a party of 6 anyway? Battles would be too easy, moving would be a pain in the rear in tight spots, exp. gained would be decreased athus probably being immpossible to reach 8 mill exp cap and inventory mangagement is hard enough as it is with 6 of ya, let alone 7+... ewww the torment.

OffT: I had an idea that I stole from Flallout that I thought would be nice to implement into BG and NWN games; NPC limits should be decided to the charisma of the leader (or the primary stat, which eva works best) on the same way Strength calcs. the cary wieght of a char so that the party limit could range from 4 - 8 characters in a party, thus giving the game more scope as you progressed in levels and stats (e.g char-8 = 6 characters but char-20 = 7, char-22 = 8 and so forth)

4. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Chevalier: I don't think there is such a mod. You may be thinking of the mod Company of Eight, though that didn't increase party size, and I don't know where it is.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

The XP wouldn't really be a problem. You would get less XP for slaying beasties and some quests yet there are other quests that give the same amount of XP to every party member (i.e. 40,000xp for every party member no matter how many party members you have). Your characters would be a bit weaker. It would be worth it for the banters alone.

6. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The only reason I´d want more pty members is because I´m a military officer and would like to have my own personal army :)

Although, since there would be so much chatter it wouldn´t be a very effective one.
    And to be honest, most of the npc´s dont fit in the army :p

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Personally, I would like to have 7 characters in my party so I wouldn't need to make that difficult, difficult choise of having to boot either Minsc or Jaheira. The EXP would be even more divided, but I could live with it...

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The XP really isn't a problem in SOA, as you're likely to hit the cap anyway far before you finish the game (if I take my sweet time going to Spellhold, I always hit it in the Underdark). And I think adding even one extra slot would make the bantering so much more fun without really adding to the micromanagement significantly.

Anyway since there's no practical way we're ever going to do this I don't see why we keep drooling over it :)

9. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

We can dream. Forget the army thing, or the extra banters, the reason i wany more npcs is because whenever i hit that limit (and have to tell someone not to join) it becomes less real and i remember that its just a game.

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It wouldn't be so bad if the NPCs didn't get so WHINY about being left behind! I used to get SO guilty about leaving Imoen behind because of all the "you're abandoning me! poor me!" discourse she gives you.

11. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I likethat idea. It should also have the rule: Leader's Charisma 3, or 4 = you cannot hold your party together. Charisma 5, or 6 = max of 2 companions.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Maybe this will be incorparated into BG3. It would be cool if it could be gone for BG2 though...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.