1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Jun 14, 2000.

1. [​IMG] Well, yeah Arthur dies :(, but there are parallel universes aren't there? And what about a sequel with Zaphod as the main character or even Marvin?

Hey Fat Egg, I picked up a couple of the Red Dwarf books on ebay on your recommendation. I haven't read them yet, but if I'm not happy you owe me $5 :p

Since we are speaking of English Satirists, Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is very very similar to Douglas Adams, only fantasy based instead of science fiction. In fact he is so similar that for a long time I was convinced that he WAS Douglas Adams.

[This message has been edited by Lord Balduran (edited August 06, 2000).]

2. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Terry Pratchett? Oh God, not him.

3. What's wrong with Terry Pratchett?

I think he's pretty funny....

[This message has been edited by Lord Balduran (edited August 06, 2000).]

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Terry Pratchett is awesome, read some of his work before. As is Adams, Grant, and Naylor.

5. Darqnezz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] So, the answer is 42, huh?

Well, then what's was the Question?

BTW, both DA and TP are xtremely cool..or is it weird??

[This message has been edited by Darqnezz (edited August 15, 2000).]

6. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The question is "What do you get when you multiply 6 x 9"

In Mostly Harmless, The address of that night club, (the Beta thing), is 42. I assume that it is on the corner of 6th and 9th.

But we all know that assume makes an *ss out of u and me.

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I agree with the Hooligan, Pratchet is now shit. He started off good, but he's not any more. And in defense of David Eddings' novels, they're funny book's with a great story. The sequal series' are never as good as the first, but hey, you can't have everything.
    I'd recommend them, as well as David Gemmel book's, to anyone who want to read fantasy as it should be. It's a pity that a lot of the TSR novels I've read haven't been as good.

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Terry Pratchett kicks ass! =)

9. hooligan_inc Guest

*****Immature South Park Joke Alert*****

Terry Pratcett DOES NOT kick arse...he does something else to arse, yeah...

Robert Rankin (nice name) is a really good auther, btw

10. Calis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Vermillion: Pratchett is now shit???
    Dude, his later books are BRILLIANT!
    Carpe Jugulum is a masterpiece, and so is The Last Continent.
    And Interesting Times is the best he's ever written.
    I would also like to add that I just don't like Eddings all that much. i don't know, there's only so much "Aunt Pol" I can handle.

11. Wingfoot Guest

and to all you X-File fans, Mulder's apartment number is 42. hmmmmmmmmm...

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Yes I have read his later books. Against my better judgement, but I did. Why do you think I can still give an opinion on him? And yes, there is only so much "Aunt Pol" people can handle, but the story was so good that it made the "Aunt Pol"'s tolerable. It's probably always said in a whiny voice too. It's the voice I've alway's imagined Garion has.....

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Lets put it straight! The answer is 42! Arthur says so! It came out of him and Ford did the equation! Get it right! 42 is the answer...pity earth was destroyed by the bogons!

14. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

42, alright. No doubt about it.

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Too funny! The number I've always had on my hockey sweater is 42...I've always liked that number for some reason, now I'm wondering if all these subconscious references to 42 have something to do with it!

And I always thought I was being original.

16. Sol'Kanar Guest

Weren't they vogons? If you were ever to meet a vogon, you would wish you had never been born. Or, if you were thinking more clearly, that the vogon had never been born. Or something like that...

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

WEEEEEE!!! Nothing like re-visiting old threads!

The Vogons only destroyed the Earth in one dimension! If you remember, at the end of "Mostly Harmless," the Vogon commander (can't remember his name), was thinking. He was thinking about how they had destroyed Earth like eleven times or something like that.

Remember, Arthur and (what's her name), were sitting on that interstellar airplane when (what's her name), disappeared. Maybe she didn't disappear, maybe he appeared somewhere parallel to where he was. In other words, he co-existed in the Space-Time continumumuuum (how do you spell that word?).

18. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

the number i had on my high school basketball team was 42, OH MY GOD IS THIS AN OLD THREAD!

19. hooligan_inc Guest

who the hell dug up this crusty old thing?

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I thought the question was "how many roads must a man walk down?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.