1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3.5 Character Sheets

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by RingMaster, Aug 17, 2003.

1. RingMaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] We had recently printed out the new 3.5 character sheets and ran into a lot of dislikes in it. Then again we haven't yet made the switch from 3.0 to 3.5 We did though noticed they removed the space to write down your Melee and Range base attack combined with your Str and Dex. Any reason for this or lack of space?
    My group has come to the decision not to make the switch, after reading the reviews and glancing over some of the books we are staying with v3. Then again we said the same thing when 3.0 first came out about staying with 2nd edition. Anyone really enjoy the 3.5 switch?

2. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think we're staying with v3, but one of my new player's bought the 3.5 handbook rather then the 3 hand book, so I'm thinking of raiding that for a few house rules, but I don't know....still have to get a campain off the ground.

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The 'space to write down your Melee and Range base attack combined with your Str and Dex' was removed, because it is useless. Your total attack bonus isn't the same with all weapons, and is different with one handed, two handed, or dual wielded weapons. In the old character sheet you could write down you're standard total attack bonus, after which you had to add bonusses or substract penalties, and write it down again where you also wrote down your weapon.

My group switched to 3.5 and I haven't heard any complains. We started with level 1 characters and one of the players (who plays with a dwarf) was very pleased, because he could use a dwarven waraxe, without an exotic weapon proficienty.

If I compare the two character sheets, I would have to say that the 3.5 is better. The ammunition right after the weapons is better in my opinion, as well as the seperate fields for feats and special abilities. The extra space for two other protective items, makes you not forget about rings you wear. The only thing I am dissatisfied about is the smaller space to write down the 'other possessions' (everything except weapons and armor.)

4. RingMaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I believe dwarfs are already proficiant with a dwarven waraxe in v3 anyways by a racial modifier

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Well, actually it is a bit different. In v3, a dwarven waraxe is exotic if you use it in one hand, and martial if you wield it with two hands, despite whether you are a dwarf or not. In v3.5 the same rules apply, except dwarves can use the waraxe in one hand as a martial weapon.

6. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

V3.5 seems to be the step forward.

It will take time for everyone to become accustomed with it.

Everything changes a little.
    Many spells changed their level or ability to be cast by a character (based on classes). Their "naming convention" has changed.
    Some feats changed.
    Some skills changed.

It will be a nice time to "explore" the new posssibilities.

7. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] I love it! It is a great improvement to the 3.0 rules, and the sheets are better as well, more room for relevant stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.