1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2007 Cricket World Cup

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Harbourboy, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well South Africa lost yesterday so if England can beat them on Tuesday they will be able to qualify without relying on other results and net run rate. Though even if we did manage to qualify chances are we'd get Australia in the semi's. :rolleyes:

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I love it when NZ beats South Africa. I see Kallis is blaming the pitch. What a weaner. I wonder why there aren't very many South Africans on SP.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Styris is in imperious form and the resurgence of Craig McMillan continues.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sri Lanka vs. Australia tonight...to be frank it feels like a rehearsal for the World Cup final... :D

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Except for Sri Lanka's 3 main bowlers aren't playing ;) . Their main strike bowler, main stock bowler and main wicket taker are all rested.

The England game tomorrow against South Africa should be a scorcher. Always fiery with Pietersen and South Africa.

6. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Wow - South Africa kinda beat England

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Nice one, Fletcher has been given the boot. About bloody time!

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

England have been pathetic this year, except for a bizarre two weeks where they beat Australia and won the VB series.

Go the Black Caps! Actually, Sri Lanka will probably take us apart.

9. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Nah I reckon we'll crush Sri Lanka. As long as we're chasing.

10. Harbourboy

I agree - so long as we score more runs than they do.

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yeah we all know our bowling attack is somewhat useless if Bond and Vettori don't fire, Bond in particular. Everyone seems to lift if Bond has a good day. Also wish they'd play Jeetan Patel more, he was the best bowler against Aussie the other day by a mile on a flat track.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    West Indies v England - best game of this WC by a country mile. Now we play one day cricket, when we're fighting for 5th place...

13. Harbourboy

Huge game on now. Jayasuriya gone early, but Bond bowling rubbish. Nervous times.

14. Stu Gems: 20/31

South Africa v Australia tonight- and its televised! If it were yesterday (the day before ANZAC Day) I'd definitely watch it, but with uni tomorrow all I'll probably end up seeing is the 1'st hour or so before hitting the sack.

15. Harbourboy

Excuse me while I go into the corner and sulk.

:wail: :cry:

It's so disappointing that we caved in so badly in that semifinal, after four years of build up.

Although South Africa look to be playing even worse than we did at the moment.

16. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

New Zealand were shocking, Bond and Vettori didnt bowl well at all. Malinga ripped through the top order, Flemming and Oram did'nt look comfortable at all.

17. Harbourboy

South Africa are even worse semi-final chokers than NZ!

18. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I think we got the makings of a very good side, just need some more experience in key areas - Vincent, Taylor, Fulton, Oram, McCullum, Patel are going to be very good players in the future. Styris is gun at #4. Bond, McMillan and Fleming won't be around forever so we need capable replacements. Otherwise, it's not all doom and gloom, I think the 2 best sides in the world are in the final and it should be that way. NZ are a bit short of the mark right now.

19. Stu Gems: 20/31

Wow - South Africa are even bigger chokers than I gave them credit for. Just imagine if they say England's tail - I mean after 5-27 they were quite lucky to put another 122 runs.
    Here's hoping for a ripper final in which McGrath goes out in a gripping world cup win.

20. Harbourboy

Here's hoping that Malinga rips through Australia and they get thrashed with Jayawardene smashing McGrath for a massive six to win the game. Go Sri Lanka!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.