1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2007 Cricket World Cup

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Harbourboy, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Canada has a cricket team, but it is mostly based on the English side of the country. But Canada has the talented John Davidson (even if he is part Australian) who has scored some of the fastest 50s and 100s in Cricket World Cup history.

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Woohoo, Matty Hayden is on FIRE. I hope that his form will last out at least until the end of the world cup

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

A hat-trick for Lasith Malinga!

EDIT: Four from four for Malinga! Stunning!

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Damn what a screaming performance from the Slinger!!! Nearly won them the game!

5. Harbourboy

Malinga is one of the potential matchwinners in world cricket. Just goes to remind you that in a run chase, the fielding team are never out of it, because it only takes 1 ball to get someone out.

Anyway, go the Black Caps.

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Bit pissed off Lou Vincent got injured, he's one of my favourite players.

7. Harbourboy

Normal service resumes with Australia beating England this morning.

8. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeh I very much doubt we'll qualify now. Really miss Tresco and Jones. :(

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tresco hit 256 in 116 balls in a pre-season friendly for Somerset yesterday with 18 sixes. England could have done with that yesterday.

10. Harbourboy

Yes, 256 from 118 might well have done the trick.....

11. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Jone's is playing domestic cricket aswell, touch wood both of them will make an good international comeback. So what do you guys think England need to do about their top order? Vaughan out? Pietersen moved up? imo Vaughan is quality and cream always rises to the top, but he's never made a odi 100 so is his position justified?

12. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

South Africa are chokers :p . Or perhaps Bangladesh are just doing alright for themselves for a change. Hopefully its only a matter of time until we reclaim out number 1 spot.
    Btw, is anyone getting any decent TV coverage. Down here we haven't had a thing.

13. Harbourboy

I have been getting up at 2am to watch just about every game.

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We get all the games. Start about 2.30pm, end about 10pm ish. It's pretty ideal really, I don't miss *too* much of the games, and I don't have to lose sleep either.

There's not much we can do with the line up really in terms of bringing other players in. We could shuffle it up a bit maybe.

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

At least England haven't slipped up against Bangladesh like South Africa have... not yet anyway.

16. Harbourboy

Go the Black Caps! Bring on the coffee! :coffee:

17. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

And we finally get a televised match! I can be up at 11pm-2.30am and 3am-7am to watch... Australia vs Ireland. Yeah, I'm still annoyed about not being able to watch the South Africa Match the other week :(
    Should the matches be played more often, rather than all spread out in the 1-match-per-day sorta thing thats happening? There was some concern that some teams have had little to no match practice leading into the finals, the West Indies for instance have played just a single game in the past eighteen days.

18. Harbourboy

If they played more than one game a day then I wouldn't be able to watch them all.

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Sri Lanka are looking the goods...

20. Duffin Gems: 13/31

NZ were almost as bad as England today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.