1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2006 Ashes

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Stu, Aug 15, 2006.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Thats been the story for Mal Loye so far in this tournament.

Once again Ricky Ponting shows that he is one of, if not the best, batsmen currently playing the game. Cleansweeping all of the major awards last night at the AB medal ceremony. Though I reckon Symonds would have stood a good chance on winning it if he wasnt injured for the last game that counted in the voting.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That was really good batting by England. Why haven't they batted like that more often? They showed they have the skills. Flintoff should be ashamed as he should have really cashed in on the start he got. And as for New Zealand's fielding - the less said the better.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bond was 30 for 4 off 9 until that last over. That's immaculate that is. Can we steal him please? We'll let you have Saj Mahmood if you want.

NZ should chase 270 on this wicket against our bowlers, there's **** all in it. 270 is barely a par score here, very, very achievable.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You've got to get them though. Someone will have to bat well for us to get there.

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well after last night's match it is very clear that Vaughan's captaincy > Fleming's captaincy. Also Flem's ton was the most painful I've ever watched. If he could've eked out 15 more singles instead of leaving everything outside off, we could've won.

6. Harbourboy

I think it's a shocker how everyone is blaming Fleming. Last week they were complaining that our openers got out too easily to rash shots, and now they're complaining that he scored his hundred too slowly. The poor guy can't win.

Fleming did his job well. We lost because our fielding was atrocious (again) and because Fulton, Styris, Oram, and McCullum did not provide Fleming with ANY support.

If we had fielded normally (instead of like village idiots) we would have won 5 games instead of 2.

Oh, and well played to England as well. Collingwood had a blinder.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    How can Fleming be at fault? His batting was pretty faultless. The plan was for him to stay in and score steadily at one end, while your Oram's and Styris's slogged at a run a ball at the other end. Nobody stayed in with Fleming, but he did his job.

8. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Damn...another loss. England might be able to steal the finals as predicted. Someone really needs to ask the aussie selectors how to play a 160km/hr reverse swinging yorker..AND score runs. And then find out why Tait isn't there to bowl through the death overs. I mean, who drops a bowler after taking 1/26 off ten *and* bowls the fastest ball of the summer.

9. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I know, he and Stuart Clark should have been in the attack (although Clark probably wouldnt have got that hat trick that he got in todays Pura Cup game).

Poor Pigeon, Almost nothing went his way tonight and it is his Bday. Bet he's wishing that he was at home partying instead of losing that game.

10. Harbourboy

Wow.....

11. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Collingwood is my hero! :D

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    I'd absolutely howl myself to into a fit if we won the final after being destroyed by Australia all series. How funny would that be!

13. Harbourboy

How good has Paul Collingwood been in the last two games? Somebody give that man a drugs test!

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    He's got great mental strength has Colly. He's just not got the technique to go with it, but when you want someone to grit and grind you out of a difficult situation, he's your man. He'll nurdle the ball about nicking ones and two's and rotating the strike. One of the best fielders in world cricket, too.

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Hell yeah, did you see Colly's runouts? Terrific stuff.

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Unless Hussey can make something from nothing, I would say that England will have the fairytale ending to a dissmal season.

Ah well, we still one the important one 5-0

17. Harbourboy

Unbelievable stuff. England to win the World Cup now! With Pietersen back, they'll be unstoppable. From zeroes to heroes in the space of one week. Brilliant fun.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Come off it. We're still pants! Well lucky today, with the toss and then the conditions. A few good performances I guess though. At least we've won something after such a miserable Winter.

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

What a performance! Collingwood with another MOM performance, he must be completely buggered!

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Mahmood surprised me with that good slower ball of his. I've never seen that before, it must be something he's recently worked on. When you can bowl up to 95mph then send in a very well disguised 65mph (that's how slow he goes) ball it's a good weapon to have. He might be useful with his height as well on those dry and bouncy Caribbean wickets. We'll lose in the semi's though as soon as we meet a decent side.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.