1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2006 Ashes

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Stu, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hallelujah. NZ limp their way to a mediocre 210 but England manage to come up with an even more inept batting effort than us. At last we get a win, and with a valuable bonus point too. Hooray.

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I feel sorry for the Poms as their about to be crushed yet again on Australia Day :p

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We let teams off the hook all the time these days. That's one of the stand out things in our play the last year or so, compared to 2-3 years ago. There's no way that 2 years ago we'd let an underachieving Kiwi side make 210 after being 67/5. That and our abysmal batting. We've never really had strong batting, but we usually managed to get enough so that our bowlers could finish the job easily. Now that we've lost the golden quartet pace bowling attack and the best bowling coach in the world, we're just rubbish. Flat out rubbish.

4. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Apparently all our 1-day cricketers are partaking in an "Olympic style training program" for the world cup. Hussy expects the team to do progressively worse throughout the tri-nations tournament, but then be able to go all out in the world cup. England and New Zealand might have a chance after all. Adelaide game on Friday! I should start getting some tickets.

5. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Another win for Australia but this one was pretty much handed to them after the first few english wickets fell. A one day total of 110 really is piss poor. I feel sorry for Flintoff as he is copping it for his captaincy but it is the rest of the team that really need to get their act together as well. You cant blame the complete failure of this season on him alone as some critics are doing.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The batting in this tournament has been atrocious!

7. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I will be shocked and amazed if the kiwis manage to reach that total. Centuries by both Ponting and Hayden and a hard hitting middle order has put us in a very good position.

Edit: Bloody good effort by the Kiwis but it just wasnt enough

[ January 28, 2007, 13:57: Message edited by: TrueBlueAussie ]

8. Stu Gems: 20/31

Jeez they got close. I kind of wrote NZ off after the Aussie innings, I then returned in the last over to the possibility of a New Zealand victory (14 to get off three balls). What a batting performance though. Thats how its done!

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    The Kiwi's did really well. I was gutted, I was rooting for them there. Oram is in a lot of form.

10. Harbourboy

What a crazy game. When it gets that close you end up with a lot of "what-ifs?"

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Like what if Hayden was caught on one out of the three chances he was let off on.

However... McGrath going for 72 runs, you just don't see that especially when it's New Zealand doing the damage.

12. Harbourboy

It must have been a hell of a pitch. Exciting stuff nonetheless. Mike Hussey made a big difference yet again. That guy manages to change his game to suit whatever is required. Who would have thought he would have been able to come in and smash all those sixes like that? He is amazing.

Now watch us lose badly to England tomorrow.

13. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

If England only scored 110 against us and you guys were only 8 runs short of our massive total (highest international one day total at the waca) then the pom wont stand a chance.

14. Stu Gems: 20/31

Every six he hit resulted in Ford donating a grand to a local cricket club, and the commonwealth bank donating a grand to cancer research. I guess he responds to cash incentives.

15. Harbourboy

This is why I love cricket so much. You never really know what is going to happen next. Except for Mike Hussey being invincible. That goes without saying.

England might score 400 on that WACA pitch if they figure they have nothing to lose. Flintoff might get 200.

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    Or not. Flintoff doesn't have the ability to score 200. None of our batsmen have in one day cricket. Our only quick scorer, who can actually carry it on is injured. No-one else can score at a run a ball and get a high score.

17. Stu Gems: 20/31

Faith Barmy, faith. There's always hoping. After all New Zealand just proved that Australia's bowling attack can be belted for 300+, and McGrath for 7 and over.

18. Harbourboy

Well, England have more players injured for this game with Anderson, Vaughan, and Lewis out. Maybe Bopara will get a game and score 200.

19. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Once again Ian Bell shows why he should have never played cricket as a proffesion.

20. Harbourboy

Go big Jake Oram! He's a monster!

Good pitch though. England should be able to have a good go at this. Maybe Loye will get 200.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.