1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

10 things to do before I die

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Because I'm an Anglophile. :p

I don't know...ever since I've been a little girl I've always wanted to live in the UK. It's always been a natural idea to everyone that I'd move there one day or another. And London is the only city I'd ever want to live in. It's hasn't got the snob atmosphere that's so typical of metropolises (*cough* Paris *cough*). All my UK experiences have been positive so far, so...

Plus, we once had this teacher who made us learn stuff about the Cotswolds by heart. I've been hooked ever since. *bleat* :shake:

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I guess it's not as bad as I thought....

Out of 41 posts (with several repeat posters) we only have three homicidal maniacs (two more with goals that would involve killing people). Yet, only one person wants to save a life. Sad.

Carceroth: I recommend you add swimming with stingrays to swimming with dolphins. Stingray city in the Grand Caymans is one of the most amazing things to experience -- the stingrays are two feet in diameter and they eat out of your hand. Hundreds swarming around you, you can feel them brushing against your legs.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Some of us homicidal maniacs are smart enough to not to let it show :p

5. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Thanks T2, that sounds like fun. I've fed stingrays before, at the London Aquariam and Seaworld in Orlando and enjoyed the experience.
    I'm hoping to swim with dolphins in New Zealand in October. If the conditions are good, (and the dolphins about) apparently you can jump off the boat to join them in the sea. I had the opportunity to do so with captive dolphins in the Bahama's but it seemed somehow... wrong. Can't explain exactly why.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Uytuun, how can you do that before you die? :hmm:

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Oh God, you just have to be pedantic don't ya... :lol: .

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Carcaroth, you don't need to travel all that distance just to swim with dolphins. You can just take a short £25 Easyjet to Ireland and swim with the dolphins here.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    @Dragonfly, now that's a secret Bhaal won't let me share with you. ;)

Aah, as mother always says: read the question well before you start answering.

I'll change it to "Not to have to suffer any painful illness or accident before I die."

I thought the good death sounded better though. :p

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, well, Felinoid wanted to create life :grin:

11. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Wow, this is kinda hard. How do I condense a list of more than 100 into 10.

1. Find the woman of my dreams, get married and have kids.
    2. Visit Antartica and Europe (I've been to the other 5 continents already :) )
    3. Own my own property in Montana and build my dream home.
    4. Never have to worry about money for the rest of my life.
    5. Retire from the military.
    6. Become an archeologist and discover a lost ruin/culture.
    7. Have a long and fruitful life.
    8. Meet my great grand children.
    9. Learn a few languages.
    10. Become King of the World.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

By cleverly combining several items into one, as you have done in 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 9.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    You've got to get up early to get past our Gaz!

14. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Cuchulainn,

Well I'm going there anyway. I'm hoping the water will be a little warmer than the Irish sea as well!

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

1. Retire by 50 (on target)
    2. Move to my house in Mauritius
    3. Tour the world playing golf
    4. Hot air balloon safaris over the Masai Mara and Serengeti in Africa, and the himalyan foothills
    5. Visit Asia (the only continent I haven't been to and I include Antarctica) specifically walk the temple route in Japan
    6. Scuba-dive on the barrier reef
    7. Spend more time in New Zealand
    8. Play in a Million dollar game of poker in Vegas (don't care whether I win or lose)
    9. Own a Jet and learn to fly it.
    10 Own a Monet

I don't need to assuage my homicidal instincts :D

16. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    1. See the pyramids.
    2. Walk at least a bit of the Great Wall of China.
    3. Play guitar on stage.
    4. Go Wreckdiving.
    5. Invent something, or have an idea, that benefits the world.
    6. Go round Silverstone at breakneck speed.
    7. Visit Japan, making sure to take in the rural and built up parts
    8. Build a Bridge.
    9. Do all of the above with someone at my side, be it a lover, wife, or simply a good friend.
    10. Get to the end, and have no regrets.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Live a good life
    Get married with a good and honest woman (I don't want to be cheated on, lied to, ignored anymore), keep her happy, make sure she never regrets it
    Raise the children well
    Write at least one book
    Refresh my German and French, learn new languages
    Doctorate, perhaps

This is only six things, so maybe I'll update this post if I come up with more.

18. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

For me it is-

1. Kill Sarevok in a melee-only battle with a Mage
    2. Become a Super Saiyan (what if I blow up when I do become a Super Saiyan :mommy: )
    3. Shoot balls of energy from my hands (I saw it on t.v so I must be able to do it so world beware!)
    4. Get 99999999999999999999999999 googol dollars
    5. Buy a mansion
    6. Learn how to fly (i saw it on DBZ i should be able to do it since Gohan taught Videl and Videl is pure human)
    7. Take over the world

-REALISTIC ONES (#1 and #4 and #5 was realistic though)-

8. Learn how to overcome my shyness so I can make some friends.
    9. Get a Girlfriend
    10. Get some kickass Elbow Blades (you know the weapon that Talim uses in Soul Caliaber 2)

For some reason i can't think of much so I putted some unrealistic stuff in there (I WANNA BECOME A SUPER SAIYAN SO I CAN HAVE BLOND HAIR AND SOME SUPER SPEED!!!)

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You forgot the tail, Banana. ;)

I know I have a list already, but I'd like to add a kitchen designed by me. I want plenty of counter space and the cupboards not six feet over my head.

20. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Then I'd recommend you get yourself out here in the next 5-10 years to do it, DarkStrider. That's about how long it's guaranteed to be there, since coral bleaching is threatening the reef.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.