1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Mod] Ayden Project 2.5

Embrace the Shadows

1. Keneth
    Prelude

Ayden has been my pet project for the last decade and a half. Whenever I'm testing new techniques or engine features, they invariably end up as part of the project in one way or another. Initially, it was only meant to be something fun for me and my friends to mess around with but, as time went on, I decided I wanted other people to experience it too. This will be my first public release of the mod, marking the completed integration with SoD. I don't know how many people will decide to play it, but if it makes a single person enjoy their BG experience just a little bit more, I'll consider it a success.

About Ayden Project

Ayden is primarily a companion mod, but comes bundled with a set of additional components.

• Warlock Kit: Warlock is a Thief class kit based on the Warlock class from 3rd edition D&D.
    • Ayden NPC: A recruitable NPC with custom dialogues, banter, and quests.
    • Shadow Walking: A feature offered by the NPC to reduce travelling time.
    • Ayden's Refuge: A pocket plane where the party can rest and store items.
    • Item Crafting: A simple item crafting system offered in the form of a dialog with the Forge.
    • Wands for Thieves: Enable the use of wands for all thief kits (including warlock).
    • Thief Proficiencies: Enable mace and spear proficiency for all thief kits.

Installation
    1. Make sure you have an updated version (v2.6) of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition installed on your hard drive.
    2. Extract the contents of the archive to your Baldur's Gate installation directory.
    3. If you have BG:SoD installed you must also install the DLC Merger mod before anything else.
    4. Run Setup-Ayden.exe and follow the instructions that appear on the console screen.
    5. It is recommended that you start a new game to make full use of this mod's features.
    Example Installation Directory:
    • (Steam version) C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    • (BeamDog version) C:/Program Files (x86)/BeamDog/Games/00766
    • (Custom installation) C:/Games/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Data

More Info

For a more detailed description of project components, please refer to the readme file inside the archive (Readme-Ayden.html). You can also open this file after installation when prompted by the program. There are also additional readme files for curse eater and item crafting features inside the same folder for completionists.

For any other questions, feel free to post inside the resource thread or message me directly.

Have fun! :shake:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.