1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your own console?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Z-Layrex, May 5, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] What if you had the chance to make your own console, what would you call it, what would it look like, what games would you pit on it?

I'd make a console called, a coral. It's be a small blue blob-shaped thing with a small CD drive and a larger DvD one above it. I'd have crap games like halo, project gotham racing and codename: outbreak just for the hell of it. It would fail instantly and i'd be forced to live off tinned peaches.

2. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Mine would be called Blob Goo. (Dont ask why) It would be smaller then the gamcube, only room for dvd's and games. I would put a good amount of games such as FF 1-??, all easportsbig games. Sports games. Maybe some other's like first person shooters, and tones of racing games. But no games that have no point, like Omnikan. I don't think it would make it to the high spots like PS2. But it would be neat in my mind:)

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm not sure, but one thing I do know; it wouldn't have a fan. I'm not sure how it's supposed to keep cool without it, but good old NES could, so I bet these youngsters with their "dolby surround" and their "real-time lighting" and their "3d" could get something together. :grin:

Seriously though, in my opinion part of the charm in a video game lies in how it's quiet, and with hardly any loading times... both ps2 and xbox fail in those areas, IMHO.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Heh if I marketed a console it would be heavily biased towards Star Wars ;). But I'd get some titles like Zelda and Smash Brother in as well ;). Racing games too. Gotta love speed, crashes, and destruction :grin:.

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

BOB
    It would have a little botton that you push and a small plate comes from the top. Just place the cd/dvd in their and it'll go from their. There would also be a clock showing the time on frount. It's over all body shape would look like a cirlce cut in half. It's dome shape gives it the strength to fall on it and step on it when your jumping up and down yelling "DIE! DIE YOU EVIL THING!"

The controler would be a circle with four bottons for each finger and two joy sticks for the thombs. It's circle shape gives it an easy grab.

All kinds of games.

6. yappie! Guest

Typo-Nator:

Only Zork and Typing of the Dead console...Zork Rocks!!!

7. jesper898 Guest

XcubeStationBoy:)

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited May 11, 2002).]

8. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I would call mine retro and it would come with a monster harddrive (120gb) and have every single nes game and arcade game. Can never have to much 2D

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Reading thorins post gave me an amazing marketing idea. This seems the most sensible place to post it so here goes -
    Right the console is sold as cheap as possible and comes with some really old 2D games (bad ones). There are some excellent adverts for it, all of which shows off amazing 3D graphics.
    The Catch- "This is a 2D console. You must buy an extra dimension in order to play those fantastically fun 3D games. HaHa." will be stamped in small writing on the bottom.

The extra dimension will cost somewhere in the region of £5,000. I will become imensely rich and everyone will be longing for the 4th dimension. Which will be sending money to the creator (me) and not getting anything in return ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.