1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your best D&D experience in PC game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by carpman, Apr 23, 2004.

1. carpman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I tried this question on the NWN page but didn"t get the feed back I need. After my youth of playing pen and paper D&D, and loving it, ( we had a great DM and it was a great struggle to get and then keep a character at level 4-6 with at the most one maybe two magic items.) my question is I've played BG 1 and BG 2 and all the expansions and really enjoyed the solo D&D experience, where do I go from here? I realize I ran on a bit there but it's hard to get out all you want to say in hopes of good feedback. I have had a break from gaming for a few years and see alot out there new and old, older games are good but hard to find reviews of. I thought some where on this excellent web site i would find the info I seek. Thank you.

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Jedi: Knights of the Old Religion are the first that come to mind.

There's also the various MMORPGs out there, like Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, StarWars Galaxies and soon World of Warcraft.

Other than that, you might want to check your local gamingstore to see if there are ads for players wanted for Pen and Paper DnD games.

Good luck! :)

3. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What's Knights of the Old Religion? Isn't it the Old Republic?

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I would recomend Arcanum (not that I've gotten overly far in it yet).

RPG Codex are the people for all your obscure RPG gaming needs.
    www.rpgcodex.com

You should also be able to get some really old stuff at the Underdogs. However, you will no doubt be wading through much crap there. There are plenty of classics also.
    www.the-underdogs.org

Also, there are quite a few RPGs in development (posted a thread to that effect not so long ago). Goldenland and The Fall look rather promising.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.