1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You May Not Rest At This Time

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by WickedPixie, Aug 7, 2002.

1. WickedPixie Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] okay, so i understand not being able to rest if i've fleed from a combat. they want me to come back, finish that fight, etc. But I'm just running a quest atm. Looking for a theif in the slums and whatnot. But I cannot rest, anywhere. I've gone over to my keep, cannot rest.

Solutions? Ideas? Maybe if I finish this quest (only 3 of my char's are fatigued :sick: )
    running the temple quest for dawn ring...anyone know where to find the darned theif Travin?? that would help too :wave:

2. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The ring is in a room on the roof of the Copper Coronet. Easy fight.

The not being able to rest sounds like a bug -- try installing a patch.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's no bug... Just simply cannot rest anywhere outside in the city and in most indoor areas. Find an inn and rest there, it's your only hope! ( :rolleyes: )

4. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Correction: In some areas (outside) in the city [the only ones I am sure of are in Waukeen's Promenade] you can click on the "Rest" button, and you will be awoken by an Amnish guard. After he reprimands you and is walking away, start clicking on the rest button. There's a good chance it will work.

5. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

And you can rest in the docks too, and prolly every other city area, as long as you don't go in a building. Instead of letting those soldiers talk to you, you can pause before resting, and if a guard shows up just press rest again.

I thought there is a thief in the far north-east of the area you need to talk to, to be able to get the ring.

Sometimes you can't rest when someone wants to talk to you, or if a spell is still in effect. Switching area might work, else you'll have to find who it is that wants to talk to you.

6. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I've had this problem too after I ran away from a fight. As far as i know the only thing that helps is reloading.
    BTW can you save? I couldn't

7. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Nope, you cant save, but autosave will still work, so all you have to do is leave an area that triggers autosave, and then load that autosave.

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The thief is near the northern exit to the slums, but he is only there when it is dark. As annoying as it is, you may just have to walk around a bit to kill time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.