1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoshimo and Jan erm... lost...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Eche, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Eche Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It seems I've messed up a bit... to say the least. I'm currently in the 3rd. chpt. (nearly done), and I've checked just about everywhere. Still it appears that I've... erm... lost Yoshimo and Jan.
    I dumped them for Cernd and Haer'Dalis respectively, and later dumped those 2 for Keldorn and Viconia.

Now, I'm 80% sure, that Yoshimo oughtta be in the jail where Cernd was, but he isn't. I asked a friend and he said that you could have Yoshimo stay at the copper coronet. No Yoshimo.

Also, I seem to have lost Jan too. If I remember right, he says summit like, he'd stay in the slums and sell turnips (big surprise), bug I can't find him, neither outside in the slums, nor in the copper coronet or his house (is it his)

However, this isn't really the problem. The problem is, that because I'm a jerk, i only use 3 saves, 5 at the most, and since it's quite a while ago i left them, I cannot revert unless I load a backup-save. This isn't a very attractive sollution though, since I'd then have to play most of the 3rd. chapter over again.

Has anyone got the farthest idea of what i could do, other than search the whole map again (again, as in "i already did that")?

2. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Do you really need Yoshimo and Jan in your party? If you're almost done Chapter three, you could do without a thief until you get Imoen.
    If you really need them, maybe you could CLUA Console them in? I don't know, I've never done that with NPC's.
    Also, picking up both Keldorn and Viconia probably wasn't a very good idea.

3. {OverLoad} Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

But isn't Jan a better thief then Imoen?
    I'd say either look the whole map again for Jan in the slums (in the south east part mostly) and forget about Yoshi or CLUA them in but i also don't know if it will work.And about Yoshimo - you will understand what i mean by "forget about him" ;)

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Maybe Jan went back to the Government District? Also did you look upstairs for Jan. There are 3 levels to the house.
    What did you tell Yoshimo to do? He should be at the Copper Coronet. He walks around in there. I had that problem with Valygar in one game. He said he was going back to Umar Hills but wasn't there. I forgot he had a house in Dock District. Good luck.
    You don't need both Jan & Yoshimo. I prefer Jan.

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Jan should be found in the Jansen home. Upstairs or the ground floor. Yoshimo is found in the copper coronet in the main room at the opposite end to the bar.

Of course, this might depend on what you said when they left. If you told them to wait for you, they might be elsewhere, gone. I always let them go back to their default choices.

6. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

well you have made a really big mess you must always have a thief in your party unless you have a good mage to cast unlock for the doors but if you dont then you should revert to your backed up save game and start again chap 3

[ January 07, 2005, 09:47: Message edited by: San Ti ]

7. Eche Gems: 1/31

sorry for not replying sooner, but I haven't really had the time.

About the viconia/keldorn issue, yes I know, but I really wanted them both for kangaxx. After that, I figured dumping Keldorn.

Also, I sent Edwin on a vacation, and I guess he might be able to unlock the door to kangaxx (haven't tried), which brings me back to the yoshimo/jan problem.

No, I do not need Yoshimo. The only reason I want him, is because of his trap-ability. It's been usefull before, and I figured, that against Kangaxx, it'd be an advantage.

Jan, however, is pretty weak, which was the reason for dumping him in the first place, even though he's been with me for more than half the game. Also, in most cases, Edwin's unlock-spell was able to replace Jan, but I actually miss his thieving abilities.

I cannot recall exactly what i told Yoshimo, but i guess i might have pressed the "wait here"-dialouge accidently. On contrary, I'm 100% sure i told Jan *not* to stay, 'cause I remember him saying summit like "...you won't miss the tower..." or some such. Also, I'm quite sure i checked his house, but it might have slipped so I'll go check it out next time

8. JayN1 Gems: 1/31

Thats funny, ive been playing with Yoshimo as well, but i wanted to be have another npc in my group and told him to wait at the copper coronet! He's not there!

But when I entered it to find him there the first time, he appeared on the screen for a splitsecond and then disappeared! Maybe this is some kind of bug?

9. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

It depends what chapter you go into the Copper Coronet on.

10. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

JayN1 - If that happens after you finished chapter 4 than it isn't a bug.

11. Eche Gems: 1/31

Well, Jan isn't at his hous (neither of the floors), however, Edwin was able to unlock the door, using knock (only, it kinda sux i only have a limited amount of "unlock stupid locked doors/chests")

I still haven't been able to locate Yoshimo, so I'll try to CLUA him in. Probably g'na try Jan too...

[EDIT]
    Yup, both Jan and Yoshi truly are bugged.
    The only way NOT to have these 2 disappear (at least in my case), is to have them wait at the spot. Even spawning/dumping Yoshi inside the coronet, will cause his disappearance, unless you tell him to "wait here". (there goes all of their great equipment :sosad: :wail: )

[ January 16, 2005, 12:05: Message edited by: Eche ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.