1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoshimo after Spellhold.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Demogorog, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A day ago I whent into a discussion with a guy about if you really can have Youshimo with you after Spellhold.

As many others I have heard about this for years but never tried it out myself.

The thing is that I said that there couldn't be any fun with it because there wouldn't be any dialouges for Youshimo in places like Underdark, Suldanessellar and Hell.

However, the one that I discussed with claimed that I was wrong and he said that Youshimo for example will have a very cool dialouge in the end where you reaches the tree of life.

Can this really be true and if so, why haven't I heard about this before then?

[ April 27, 2003, 20:37: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yoshimo cannot be a member of your party after Spellhold. I don't want to spoil what happens. I'll just say this - it is a very definitive NO!

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1. Extract the dialogues and listen to all of Yoshimino's. I don't remember him saying anything about it, but he does razz on Mazzy one good time. "Like a fearless samauri you are, Mazzy!"

2. You can keep him with a bug in the program. You have to leave him outside spellhold, right at the entrance. You have to talk to him before the first round ends, and join him up. Then resurrect him.

3. That's about it.

4. Woody Woodrow Banned

This man is correst. After Spellhold Yoshimo is gone like the wind.

5. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    Its not good for me that he can't come back. Its my first time through the game, and he was holding all sorts of oober junk!!!!!!!! no! I want that stuff back.......<sob>

6. ppz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well, i wouldn't worry about the stuff man, you'll get it back :)

7. al_chewdaffi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yea i'm really angry about losing Yoshimo at spell hold; i really had an awesome evil group going. I had my half orc beserker and that dwarf guy named like Korgan as my tanks. THen I had yoshimo dualed to a fighter and had him equiped with invisibily ring to ambush people. Finally I had Viconia with flail of ages to help out on the attacks and jan and that arrogant rich mage chick in the back field. To say the least we were dominating... but it all changed, it would be great if i could get that guy back though

8. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

There is a mod called Tortured Souls where Yoshimo can be saved, he even has a romance. Which as a girl, I think he's the most personable guy in the place. Too bad the romance can't be *Me*.

The glitch is that you have to play with the mod from the beginning. I assume that dialogue is added/corrected for appropriate places.

I haven't tried it yet. But others have said its good.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Did they track down the guy who originally did Yoshi's voice and get him to do a little voice acting? Or does he just stop speaking after Spellhold? Or even worse, did they replace his voice with someone else's that sounds faintly similar.

Sorry for being such a bring down, but I think that aspect of the game shouldn't be messed with. :rolling:

10. Woody Woodrow Banned

I liked that little twist though. It pissed me off at first but not long after I enjoyed for simple reasons.

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I live on mods now. Without mods the game gets tired. Some mods though just ruin it. I quit playing for a long time because of TDD and all it's bugs:mad:. I really like the Sola mod and Freedom's Reign. Tortured Souls sounds cool. Does it have any bugs?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.