1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yet another Jaheira romance question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by joacqin, Sep 12, 2004.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I got the bandit attack but there were only one bandit which I killed promptly, no other showed up. I checked a bit but I did not go looking for them and at first I didnt give it much thought but I have not got a single talk since then, not even the aftermath talk. I am reading the romance guide here and it says five bandites. Where the hell are the other four?

I have done quite a few things since this and have no good save. Is there some way to fix this? Might the other four bandits still lurk around outside Valygar's cabin?

[ September 12, 2004, 20:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I'm not sure, but I'd advise opening up your most recent game in Shadow Keeper and searching the globals for anything relevant looking (such as JAHEIRABANDITS or something). If it's 1, set it to 5, and if it's 0, set it to 1. That's all I can think of.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I think your best chance would be to reload or try to activate the encounter again.

You might be able to summon the creature files for the bandits to see if that works. "JAERTOF" is the main guy and I think "JAERTO1" to "JAERTO4" are his followers. I won't have a chance to test this for you though, but it should work well enough.

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I went back to the cabin and lo and behold! Hidden by the fog of war a bit away were the evil bandits!

Beren, I checked out that fix after I found a link after a search here on the boards. From what I understood of the description it is included in the balderdash fixpack? If so I already have it installed.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    No joacqin, it's not the same fix. Manveru's is an "updated" version of the Baldurdash version, and fixes several additional issues. When I played the game the 1st time and romanced Jaheira, I ran into problems that Baldurdash couldn't fix. Manveru's actually allowed me to finish the romance properly after I installed it.

I'd advise you to install it (I think it can safely be installed on top of Baldurdash's, as it overwrites the same 3 or so files. I did so with no visible side effect). That should get you rid of at least one persistent glitch I had (Terminsel spawning an endless number of times after I completed the romance)

Good luck with the romance. It's IMO the most rewarding in SOA.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.